Pats 8-4 after this week....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Pats 8-4 after this week....

Fortunately, the Pats will win this week in Miami and will go to 8-4 clinching the AFC east.. this is their division now and making the playoffs is a big probability..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: Pats 8-4 after this week....

Definately need this win this sunday, but it will still take a couple of more weeks wrap the division up....at least mathmaticaly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Was that Bizzaro KellieMB on the other thread! LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

u wanna know why we will win? just like after the colts game our team's D will be sooo pissed it will be a field day and its just what this team needs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

whoops, i think you meant 7-5 there...brady's house of horrors awaits :-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Come on now, was this thread really necessary?  Blowing up the 7-5 thread was good enough.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Pats 8-4 after this week....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats 8-4 after this week.... : gtfo this site ur not even a real pats fan.... go f*ck urself
    Posted by wtfmaroney[/QUOTE]
    thats not very polite...if you are so upset, go tell your mommy on me

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats 8-4 after this week.... : thats not very polite...if you are so upset, go tell your mommy on me
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]
    nice 3rd grade comeback genius what it take u 5mins to come up with that all on your own? might be a personal best 4 u

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

[QUOTE]Come on now, was this thread really necessary?  Blowing up the 7-5 thread was good enough.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

Too much? Sorry, I'm a little bored today.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

You may be right; you may win and go to 8-4.  Indeed, if I were to bet with my wallet and not my heart, I'd take the pats as well.

But to the extent you feel it's  going to be a "field day" for the Pats defense or an easy win, I think you are wrong.  And EW, normally a voice of reason on this board, is dead wrong for calling it a 31-13 win.

The game up there was a lot closer than the score indicates--and you know it.  And the Fins play the pats tough--tougher than any other team in the division.  

I have no doubt that through the first 3 quarters this game will be close, and I think the Fins have a shot at being in the lead going into the 4th.  But what happens in the 4th....that's when I start praying.  I think the game should be shortened to 3 quarters.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats 8-4 after this week.... : We got killed by the Saints. You got killed by the Bills. Bye bye now.
    Posted by KellieMB[/QUOTE]
    what does that have to do with THIS week's game?

brady has never really played very well in miami and the fins have always been belichick's achilles heel...should be a good game IMO...

bye bye now

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

[QUOTE]You may be right; you may win and go to 8-4.  Indeed, if I were to bet with my wallet and not my heart, I'd take the pats as well. But to the extent you feel it's  going to be a "field day" for the Pats defense or an easy win, I think you are wrong.  And EW, normally a voice of reason on this board, is dead wrong for calling it a 31-13 win. The game up there was a lot closer than the score indicates--and you know it.  And the Fins play the pats tough--tougher than any other team in the division.   I have no doubt that through the first 3 quarters this game will be close, and I think the Fins have a shot at being in the lead going into the 4th.  But what happens in the 4th....that's when I start praying.  I think the game should be shortened to 3 quarters.   
    Posted by oggieman[/QUOTE]

Division games can be very tricky so we'll see what happens. I just think in this case, the better team will most likely win and the Pats are just a better team, even though the Phins have done well considering all of the adversity they have had to deal with this year. It's kind of hard to hate them. I only started this thread because of this Sox loving a-hole:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3aaf275aab-140b-4c46-aa9e-7d2bf5d483e6

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats 8-4 after this week.... : what does that have to do with THIS week's game? brady has never really played very well in miami and the fins have always been belichick's achilles heel...should be a good game IMO... bye bye now
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

IMO, no one cares about your opinion. Too bad I won't get to enjoy any more of your great posts!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

[QUOTE]You may be right; you may win and go to 8-4.  Indeed, if I were to bet with my wallet and not my heart, I'd take the pats as well. But to the extent you feel it's  going to be a "field day" for the Pats defense or an easy win, I think you are wrong.  And EW, normally a voice of reason on this board, is dead wrong for calling it a 31-13 win. The game up there was a lot closer than the score indicates--and you know it.  And the Fins play the pats tough--tougher than any other team in the division.   I have no doubt that through the first 3 quarters this game will be close, and I think the Fins have a shot at being in the lead going into the 4th.  But what happens in the 4th....that's when I start praying.  I think the game should be shortened to 3 quarters.   
    besides your D the only thing that would keep you away frum winning cuz ill admit its the only game in our division thats actually exciting, but anyway its the fact that ronnie brown is out. if u do win it will be bcuz of homefield advantage and that the pats r not a 2nd half team so itll prob be a blow out in the 1st half and then the fins wil have a miraculous comeback but im hoping for a good game to get our guys confident. theres a reason we lost to undeafeted teams.. becuz they r good and i dont get why all our road games before this week have been against undefeated opponents makes me angry and its unfair.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats 8-4 after this week.... : IMO, no one cares about your opinion. Too bad I won't get to enjoy any more of your great posts!
    Posted by KellieMB[/QUOTE]
    wow...classy broad...terrible at being a polite person on the internet though

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I think they'll win but I don't know about a blowout. The Pats do have a tough time in Miami but the league has a tough time with the Pats the second time they face them. They league also has a tough time when the Pats are coming off a loss.
    Maybe if White can throw out of the Cat the entire game it may confuse them but Henne doesn't win this game in a conventional look.
    The D got embarrassed very much like the end of the Indy game so I would imagine you'll see a much different D this week against a much weaker offense than the Saints.

Should be a good one

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

Don't take comfort in the loss of ronnie Brown.  Ricky Williams is a much better runner. The cat may not be as effective without ronnie brown, but the run game won't miss a beat.  You'll see.  If Miami puts the ball in ricky's hands on Sunday when a drive is on the line, or when the game is on the line, I like Miami's chances.

Forget about Pat White passing the ball.  He can't, plain and simple. and that option stuff won't work against belicheck--he shut it down last time in the second half. 

Here's the wrinkles I think you may see this week. I have been saying all along they need to play Tyler Thigpen, who ran the wildcat at KC and can throw much better than Pat White.  In fact, he ran the wildcat better than any qb has run it since the widcat appeared last year.  Most importantly, he ran it well against Miami last year, even scored a running td, and no team defends the wildcat better than Miami (simply because they practice against it every week).

The other wrinkle I am looking for is Kory Sheets in the wildcat, to play ricky's old role of coming around for the fake or the end around.  Without that back coming around for the fake or end around, the cat is less effective.  The fake forces the d line to hesitate for a split second, which allows the o-line an advanatage to pop the d line.  The fins haven't used the end around fake in the wildcat since ronnie went down.  They need to use that this week and I think Kory Sheets is the guy--maybe Lex Hillard can fill the role.  If they get the right guy in there for the fake (and Tedd Ginn doesn't qualify as a "guy"), then the cat will be tough.  Otherwise, it's just a plain old direct snap to ricky.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I guess I'm just losing my memory.  I seem to recall a lot more tough games in this rivalry than blowouts.  The Phins are better than their record.  Furthermore, these two teams play each other tough regardless of what each teams record is.  The Phins could be a 1-win team just coming off a beating from USC and I would still expect a tough game.  Like I said, there are some blowouts here and there, but usually the game is good.

This is my favorite rivalry; better than the Colts.  This rivalry goes back a loooong way.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Whats up Oggie -- I'm calling a large win on this one ONLY because of the embarrassment Monday night.  I honestly feel sorry for the teams that have to play the Pats after they lose.  Well, not so much, but you get the idea!

I'm pumped they are showing the game on out here, I thought I was gonna get screwed after it got "flexed" out of Sunday night.

It'll be a good game like always - lot of divsional hard hitting!!  But I like the Pats big.  Then again, I liked them big on MNF!! 

Pats 28-10

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]I guess I'm just losing my memory.  I seem to recall a lot more tough games in this rivalry than blowouts.  The Phins are better than their record.  Furthermore, these two teams play each other tough regardless of what each teams record is.  The Phins could be a 1-win team just coming off a beating from USC and I would still expect a tough game.  Like I said, there are some blowouts here and there, but usually the game is good. This is my favorite rivalry; better than the Colts.  This rivalry goes back a loooong way.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

I liked this rivalry a lot more before 1985. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

The fins gave up 432 yards of offense. How tough is that? 

I'm wondering if they've given up on the season. Taking a  beatdown by the saints is one thing but taking one from the Bills is ridiculous.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats 8-4 after this week.... : I liked this rivalry a lot more before 1985. 

Man, I remember that turning point game well.  We hadn't won in Miami in a gazillion years.  Somehow we found a better running game and won.  What I actually remember best however, is how the network had a bunch of Bengals players watching the game.  If we lost, the Bengals were in the playoffs.  I still recall the look on Collinsworth's face when we won.  Priceless.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]Whats up Oggie -- I'm calling a large win on this one ONLY because of the embarrassment Monday night.  I honestly feel sorry for the teams that have to play the Pats after they lose.  Well, not so much, but you get the idea! I'm pumped they are showing the game on out here, I thought I was gonna get screwed after it got "flexed" out of Sunday night. It'll be a good game like always - lot of divsional hard hitting!!  But I like the Pats big.  Then again, I liked them big on MNF!!  Pats 28-10
    Posted by IraqSteve[/QUOTE]

You may be right on the "win" part; but I know you are wrong on the "Big win" part. 

After the debacle in Buffalo, I thought the division was lost to you--- and I was actually hoping the pats would win last week because I know how tough it is to pin a consecutive loss on your coach.  I even posted here before your saints game, calling it a 38-17 win for the pats--right score; wrong team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats 8-4 after this week.... : Man, I remember that turning point game well.  We hadn't won in Miami in a gazillion years.  Somehow we found a better running game and won.  What I actually remember best however, is how the network had a bunch of Bengals players watching the game.  If we lost, the Bengals were in the playoffs.  I still recall the look on Collinsworth's face when we won.  Priceless.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

I was there...cold rainy day in Miami...the gods were crying.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats 8-4 after this week.... : The fins gave up 432 yards of offense. How tough is that?  I'm wondering if they've given up on the season. Taking a  beatdown by the saints is one thing but taking one from the Bills is ridiculous .
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

I can't argue with that kind of logic.  I just sold my tickets for Sunday and mortgaged my house--putting it all on your pats. thanks for the tip.