Pats 8-4 after this week....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Re: Pats 8-4 after this week....

In Response to Re: Pats 8-4 after this week....:
    [QUOTE]Don't take comfort in the loss of ronnie Brown.  Ricky Williams is a much better runner. The cat may not be as effective without ronnie brown, but the run game won't miss a beat.  You'll see.  If Miami puts the ball in ricky's hands on Sunday when a drive is on the line, or when the game is on the line, I like Miami's chances. Forget about Pat White passing the ball.  He can't, plain and simple. and that option stuff won't work against belicheck--he shut it down last time in the second half.  Here's the wrinkles I think you may see this week. I have been saying all along they need to play Tyler Thigpen, who ran the wildcat at KC and can throw much better than Pat White.  In fact, he ran the wildcat better than any qb has run it since the widcat appeared last year.  Most importantly, he ran it well against Miami last year, even scored a running td, and no team defends the wildcat better than Miami (simply because they practice against it every week). The other wrinkle I am looking for is Kory Sheets in the wildcat, to play ricky's old role of coming around for the fake or the end around.  Without that back coming around for the fake or end around, the cat is less effective.  The fake forces the d line to hesitate for a split second, which allows the o-line an advanatage to pop the d line.  The fins haven't used the end around fake in the wildcat since ronnie went down.  They need to use that this week and I think Kory Sheets is the guy--maybe Lex Hillard can fill the role.  If they get the right guy in there for the fake (and Tedd Ginn doesn't qualify as a "guy"), then the cat will be tough.  Otherwise, it's just a plain old direct snap to ricky.
    Posted by oggieman[/QUOTE]
    Id love to see kory sheets on the field...i assume he is probably our fastest back?

i think this game will be very close and hard fought...lookin forward to a good one

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

I'm hoping for heavy snow and Mark Henderson.....and yes I know the game is in Miami Cool

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats 8-4 after this week.... : I was there...cold rainy day in Miami...the gods were crying.

Hey I was at this game also..The Cold Rainy game was 1986 though..We won that game.Last game at the Orange Bowl for the Phins I think. I remember because we could walk down on the field and Harrass the Players before the game. Steve Grogan ended up coming in for Tony Eason and chucking a couple of Td's. I was also at the 85 game and that game SSucked for us. We were down in the 4th and recovered a fumble off a kickoff and then scored. We had a shot to win but Tony Eason completely choked. Drunks breaking my nuts all the way out singing the Miami Dolphins song in my ear.

What's the matter with 31-13 Pats. I think we're going to win and I'm not riding the fence with a 27-24 score.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

The Dolphins are a great division rival and always bring a tough game. This game means something, though if the Fins hadn't lost to the Bills we'd have more of a pregame anticipation. Still, the game is still an important one. I expect a close game, high stakes for both teams. No way is this rivalry what Pats-Colts has become though. Anytime a game is pulled from a prime time slot, it tells you something.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

by the way, go Bills! You can put the Jets out of their misery tonight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

EW- the rainy game was in January 1986, for the 1985 season .  That's the one you won en route to the super bowl against the bears. The Fins didn't make the playoffs in '86 and they moved into  Joe Robbie in 1987.

I was just busting your chops on the score.  I think it's going to be closer than that.  we will see...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]The Dolphins are a great division rival and always bring a tough game. This game means something, though if the Fins hadn't lost to the Bills we'd have more of a pregame anticipation. Still, the game is still an important one. I expect a close game, high stakes for both teams. No way is this rivalry what Pats-Colts has become though. Anytime a game is pulled from a prime time slot, it tells you something.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

NBS's decision was based on one thing: Brett favre.  That's ok--I hate NBC anyway after the "midget in makeup" ripped into the 1997 marlins.  CBS gets the game of the week.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]EW- the rainy game was in January 1986, for the 1985 season .  That's the one you won en route to the super bowl against the bears. The Fins didn't make the playoffs in '86 and they moved into  Joe Robbie in 1987. I was just busting your chops on the score.  I think it's going to be closer than that.  we will see...

Oh, your talking about the Playoff game. I wasn't at that one. I actually had SuperBowl tickets that year for the Pats and had to give them to my brother because I spent all my money going to the Regular season Miami game. It was raining at the last game in 86 also. I thought that was the one you were talking about.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats 8-4 after this week.... : Oh, your talking about the Playoff game. I wasn't at that one. I actually had SuperBowl tickets that year for the Pats and had to give them to my brother because I spent all my money going to the Regular season Miami game. It was raining at the last game in 86 also. I thought that was the one you were talking about.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

No the playoff game at the end of the 85 season is the game that changed my life: the day that Miami lost ownership of the AFC East.  Pats rose up; followed by the Bills.  And the Jets? They have had a parade of clowns coaching down some talented teams.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats 8-4 after this week.... : Oh, your talking about the Playoff game. I wasn't at that one. I actually had SuperBowl tickets that year for the Pats and had to give them to my brother because I spent all my money going to the Regular season Miami game. It was raining at the last game in 86 also. I thought that was the one you were talking about.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

I am not sure if you have gone to some of your other Super Bowls--if you havn't you got to go the next time.  I went in '82 against the redskins--and that was my best game ever until the 4th quarter.  And when Marino went in 84, I couldn't afford to go and thought "well, there will be many more super bowls with Marino". We know how that worked out... Now I just pray I see the Fins in another Super Bowl before I die... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats 8-4 after this week.... : No the playoff game at the end of the 85 season is the game that changed my life: the day that Miami lost ownership of the AFC East.  Pats rose up; followed by the Bills.  And the Jets? They have had a parade of clowns coaching down some talented teams.  

Pats fans remember the week before after we beat the Raiders on the road. OL Brian Holloway saying we're going to Miami Proud and Pi$$ed off. That sort of was our Super Bowl and the Game that Broke the Miami "Jinx" against us.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats 8-4 after this week.... : I am not sure if you have gone to some of your other Super Bowls--if you havn't you got to go the next time.  I went in '82 against the redskins--and that was my best game ever until the 4th quarter.  And when Marino went in 84, I couldn't afford to go and thought "well, there will be many more super bowls with Marino". We know how that worked out... Now I just pray I see the Fins in another Super Bowl before I die... 

Haven't been to the "Show" Yet. You wanna hear a good one though. In 1985 I had season tickets. After we beat Miami every Pats season ticket holder got the right to purchase 2 Superbowl tickets. All you had to do was show up at Sullivan stadium with proof of being a season ticket holder and pay $75.00 per ticket. My How things have changed!!! Those truly were the good old days.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats 8-4 after this week.... : NBS's decision was based on one thing: Brett favre.  That's ok--I hate NBC anyway after the "midget in makeup" ripped into the 1997 marlins.  CBS gets the game of the week.
    cheers to that...always disliked NBC after that little snide against the marlins

and no way are the colts-pats rivalry as big as the phins-pats...heck, they had to move the colts out of the division just so peyton could play down to his competition

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]Don't take comfort in the loss of ronnie Brown.  Ricky Williams is a much better runner. The cat may not be as effective without ronnie brown, but the run game won't miss a beat.  You'll see.  If Miami puts the ball in ricky's hands on Sunday when a drive is on the line, or when the game is on the line, I like Miami's chances. Forget about Pat White passing the ball.  He can't, plain and simple. and that option stuff won't work against belicheck--he shut it down last time in the second half.  Here's the wrinkles I think you may see this week. I have been saying all along they need to play Tyler Thigpen, who ran the wildcat at KC and can throw much better than Pat White.  In fact, he ran the wildcat better than any qb has run it since the widcat appeared last year.  Most importantly, he ran it well against Miami last year, even scored a running td, and no team defends the wildcat better than Miami (simply because they practice against it every week). The other wrinkle I am looking for is Kory Sheets in the wildcat, to play ricky's old role of coming around for the fake or the end around.  Without that back coming around for the fake or end around, the cat is less effective.  The fake forces the d line to hesitate for a split second, which allows the o-line an advanatage to pop the d line.  The fins haven't used the end around fake in the wildcat since ronnie went down.  They need to use that this week and I think Kory Sheets is the guy--maybe Lex Hillard can fill the role.  If they get the right guy in there for the fake (and Tedd Ginn doesn't qualify as a "guy"), then the cat will be tough.  Otherwise, it's just a plain old direct snap to ricky.

Oggieman: You guys will be tought his week. Always are fo rthe Pats. specially at home and wanting to prove something. I believe we have the win here, but I have been shocked by Miami before.

Growing up as bad as the Pats were, if we beat Miami, or even better, knocked you out of playoff contention, that was my SB. SO I know how up both teams get for this game.

Good luck, hope they choke and die, but good luck :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I think this will be a good hard fought game. Dolphins always seem to give the Pats fits. Pats hardly ever lose back to back games one time since 2002. I'll take the Pats in this one 28-20.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

no im just saying that ronnie does it better i know that ricky is still great just not the same

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats 8-4 after this week.... : Oggieman: You guys will be tought his week. Always are fo rthe Pats. specially at home and wanting to prove something. I believe we have the win here, but I have been shocked by Miami before. Growing up as bad as the Pats were, if we beat Miami, or even better, knocked you out of playoff contention, that was my SB. SO I know how up both teams get for this game. Good luck, hope they choke and die, but good luck :)
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

That's how I feel this week.  This is our Super Bowl.  We have not won a game like this under Sparano and Parcells against a team like the Patriots. I know our playoff chances are not that good.  I know our team is good, but not an elite team.  But a win this week can go a long, long way.  We know we are going to see the Patriots at their best.  If the Fins can somehow squeek out a win, I won't make it to work on Monday...  

Yesterday, somewhere on this board I mentioned my favorite Herald sportswriter on the fins, armando.  Well, sure enough today he writes a column that I don't fully agree with--but I know you will be interested in seeing.  So below is the link.  Sometime tonight I am going to start a thread discussing Miami's weaknesses and what you should expect the Pats to do Sunday.  Here's the link:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2009/12/the-truth-and-the-spin-about-the-miami-dolphins.html

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

So let me get this straight, you're a Dolphins fan but you're posting on a NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS forum and your avatar is a NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS player?  Get a life, Mercury.

Sections
Shortcuts