PATS $9.2 million under the cap

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from goredsox100. Show goredsox100's posts

PATS $9.2 million under the cap

What does this mean moving forward? Apparently, the Pats are ranked 16th under the cap. Is there any players out there in FA still worth looking at? Are we waiting to do?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: PATS $9.2 million under the cap

Randy moss 3 year deal... Do it!!

Sorry, had to be done!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The Patriots have some play money. That's a good thing. They are probably waiting on other teams' cuts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I say extend Mayo or SeaBass now

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Go get Larry Fitzgerald now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Wait and see who gets dumped. If noone, extend Welker and Mayo if possible. Seabass can wait.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Get Mayo a contract extension. This is a core player that we need for many years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goredsox100. Show goredsox100's posts

In Response to Re: PATS $9.2 million under the cap:
    [QUOTE]Wait and see who gets dumped. If noone, extend Welker and Mayo if possible. Seabass can wait.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

I think I agree here. If we have extra cash, is it possible to keep Welker here (and happy) with an extension (starting now). Do we wait and see what we've got in him? I don't like the idea of losing Welker next year. I think he has 2-3 more good years in him, reliably. Mayo is another good call. Front-heavy contracts to keep them happy and in NE.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

We certainly don't want either Welker nor Mayo hitting the open market. If they do, the chances we resign both drop considerably. We can't have core members of the team leave, period.

If we got cap room, lets use it now. Secure our future. Something tells me BB will do the right thing and extend one or both.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

is mayo a free agent next season?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skadude22. Show Skadude22's posts

I'm guessing this was before Levoir was cut, so that's at least $9.5 million now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: PATS $9.2 million under the cap:
    [QUOTE]The Patriots have some play money. That's a good thing. They are probably waiting on other teams' cuts.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

thats the smart move it appears.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The Pats better have some cap room because they have some pretty significant players with contracts coming up next year.  Hoyer, Welker, Branch, Koppen, and Ninkovich.  You can probably leave Branch off the list unless he goes nuts this season.

Mayo and Vollmer come the year after, 2013.