Pats Acquire Te Alex Smith From The Buc,s

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Pats Acquire Te Alex Smith From The Buc,s

well this can be a good thing if he stays consistent.not that we needed a Te.hopefully it didnt cost the pats to much.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Re: Pats Acquire Te Alex Smith From The Buc,s

I doubt it cost them much.  He was entering the last yr of his contract and was behind Kellen Winslow and Jerramy Stevens (there's a pair of upstanding citizens!!) on TB's depth chart.  Typically when they announce it as an undisclosed draft choice it ends up a mid or late rounder.  I think Smith is a pretty good all around TE.  Should be a good training camp battle to make the team between him, Baker, Watson and Thomas.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

It's probably a 7th round pick if he makes the team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

The tightend competition during camp will be intense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

Love this pickup. He's a very good blocker, and an adequate receiver. Watson, Baker, Smith, and maybe Thomas gets to stay (we keep four TEs because we don't have a fullback). The rest cut after training camp. I'd say that Thomas has his work cut out for him, that's for sure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

He helped Cadillac Williams win rookie of the year award with six 100+ yard games, so think of what he could do for Taylor or Morris. I hope we see more of Green Ellis, because the kind of blocking Smith does, helps G-E best, I think because GE is more of a shoot-through-the hole player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If he's healthy this is another coup for BB and his boys! Even before the season starts we are looking at a 35 point a game offense and I don't care whose defense we are going up against. Imagine our Heavy Jumbo package at the goal line Baker at one TE spot,either Watson or Smith at the other and Hochstein and pick a back in the backfield,TD everytime!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

Why do we have like 8 tights ends?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

basicly for competition.come season time,those who dont make the roster,or practice squad, gets cut.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

This is a good pickup depending what they are giving up but I imagine it will be a 7th with option for a 5th based on performance. 

All these guys are in their contract year, is there a better motivator for a player wanting to get paid?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from juzme. Show juzme's posts

Re: Pats Acquire Te Alex Smith From The Buc,s - BYE BEN

Pack your bags Ben Watson. Two great plays from '08 haunt this overhyped bad of ----. 1. He didn't stay with his block when Brady was lost for the season. 2. His fumble vs. the Jets when no one touched him? Nice guy. Class act. Good bye and don't let the door hit you in the ---.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: Pats Acquire Te Alex Smith From The Buc,s - BYE BEN

[QUOTE]Pack your bags Ben Watson. Two great plays from '08 haunt this overhyped bad of ----. 1. He didn't stay with his block when Brady was lost for the season. 2. His fumble vs. the Jets when no one touched him? Nice guy. Class act. Good bye and don't let the door hit you in the ---.
    Posted by juzme[/QUOTE]

I agree would it surprice anyone if he was traded before the season began?  I hear the Chiefs need a TE.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I was at that Jets game and Ben Watson ruined that game for about 80,000 fans that night. He is too big for his own good, that guy needs to stop lifting weights and start doing soem yuga or something because he is just too big for his own good. He cant catch cause of it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Yah, wait..........Who? 

Then again anything has got to be better then Butter Fingers Watson and the Invisible Man Thomas.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I was at the Patriots facility this morning and I heard guy singing I'm going to Kansas City,Kansas City here I come they got my old buddy Gmming there and I'ma gonna get me sum,then I heard some whistling and much to my surprise Ben Watson walked out of the side door of the building...So if in a couple of weeks you read a head line stating that Watson has been traded for an undisclosed draft choice don't be surprised.