Two things caught my eye from King's MMQB today:

Report from Pats Camp:

On the field: All eyes on number 85, Chad Ochocinco, and number 92, Albert Haynesworth, at the first practice after the CBA got ratified, which meant every player could practice. Ocho must have been tight. He dropped a 50-yard pass from Tom Brady when he got two long strides on a corner while running a post route. "OhhhhhhhHHHHHHH!'' the crowd said. He clanged a 15-yard cross from Brady -- again, right in his hands. Leigh Bodden broke up another ball that looked like it was right in his hands. Tom Brady threw him one in the end zone, the offense practicing against air in the red zone. Boink. Another drop. Awful practice for the Ocho. But I doubt there'll be many of those.

Haynesworth played right tackle and Vince Wilfork left. After a few drills, Haynesworth jogged to his next one. One source in Washington had said this about Haynesworth: "You watch. He'll practice hard for Belichick, and he'll play great for him. I don't know where else he'd do that.''

It's way too early to make a single judgment about Haynesworth, good or bad. He's got to practice hard all camp, then play the way he played his last season in Tennessee, when he convinced Washington he was worth the ridiculous contract. Which, of course, he wasn't.

But I expect you'll see the Patriots do just what they did a lot in this practice during the season -- play a four-man front with Haynesworth and Wilfork inside. Will teams double both? One? And who will they double if it's just one? Wilfork has done it all on the line, but he's probably best suited to take on and occupy two blockers at the point, freeing Haynesworth to penetrate. There are many ifs, and another big one is Haynesworth, who has never been Jack LaLanne in the offseason conditioning department, staying on the field.

I asked Wilfork about the potential of the line if Haynesworth stayed on the right path. "I tell you what, if he doesn't, he's out of here, and he knows it. He knows he has some baggage, and he wants to turn it around,'' Wilfork said.

But having Haynesworth around will mean Bill Belichick can do what he does best -- design ways to use Haynesworth best, not forcing him into the middle of a 3-4 and ticking him off.

"Bill runs schemes based on the players he has, not the other way around,'' said Vinny Cerrato, the former Redskin personnel man who pushed Dan Snyder to sign Haynesworth. "When Albert was a free agent, he didn't talk to any teams in free agency who played the 3-4. He wanted nothing to do with it. Things have changed now, but Bill's smart. He'll know how to use him.''

How the Jets Lost Brad Smith:

Last season, the Bills were not Wildcat-friendly. Now they have the master -- Smith, the run-pass threat who quarterbacked Missouri before going to the Jets. Buffalo pilfered him from the Jets while New York waited in vain for Nnamdi Asomugha.

On Sunday Smith stood in shotgun formation on a sweltering afternoon at St. John Fisher College, with four receivers spread across the line. At the snap he felt pressure, rolled right, took a step toward the line as if he'd run, then stopped in the face of a strong rush and flipped the ball ... 55 yards in the air. It fell shy of Stevie Johnson, but the message was clear, and the threat. Buffalo has a new toy.

"That guy's going to be so much fun to have around here, because he gives us such a different dimension,'' quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick said afterward.

Weird story how he got here. The Jets wanted to keep him, he told me, "but they wouldn't do anything until the Nnamdi thing was over.'' The Jets wouldn't have cap room for Smith if they made Asomugha a $10-million-a-year roster piece. But they wanted him to wait to see what Asomugha did.

Smith loves the Jets. He wanted to wait. The Bills didn't want to wait. They saw Smith throw a touchdown pass against them last year in one game, and run for 60 yards against them in the other. By signing Smith, they'd help themselves and hurt a division rival.

"I love the Jets,'' he said. "Why would I have wanted to go somewhere with the role I had there? But they told me, 'We're just going to wait on Nnamdi.' It's just part of this whole year.''

The Jets didn't get Asomugha, of course, and I asked Smith if he had any regrets, leaving a Super Bowl contender for a much lesser team. "Not at all. And I saw what happened with them not re-signing Jerricho [Cotchery], Shaun [Ellis] and Braylon [Edwards]. Things were changing there. And here, this might be a Super Bowl team too.''

Everyone can dream in August.

Read the full artcile here: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/08/08/tour/index.html?sct=nfl_t12_a1