Pats and Colts have work to do

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Pats and Colts have work to do

Maybe this can start a constructive thread.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Pats and Colts have work to do

I highly doubt it, drippy.

Maybe you can tell us the secret as to how one earth Polian has such a grip on the NFL officials that you get flat out made up calls every week when you really need it?

Please share with us, what that is like.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Well clearly you have an axe to grind, but you'll get nothing from me on that.  If you want my perspective on some of the calls, see the other threads. 

I am hopeful that the colts can field an effective team next week vs. the Bengals.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Sweet backpedal. You do it in the other threads as well. Answer the  simple question if you choose to troll.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Pats and Colts have work to do:
    [QUOTE]Maybe this can start a constructive thread.
    Posted by Indylove[/QUOTE]

Why don't you answer BBReigns' question: 

"Maybe you can tell us the secret as to how on earth Polian has such a grip on the NFL officials that you get flat out made up calls every week when you really need it?"

Until then, take your phony little olive branch, and go bail some hay!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

In Response to Re: Pats and Colts have work to do:
    [QUOTE]Sweet backpedal. You do it in the other threads as well. Answer the  simple question if you choose to troll.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

All of the information you need from me is on those threads that you have been on as well.  What work do you think the pats need. 

Colts need a lot.  Oline.  Run D.  Pass D.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Pats and Colts have work to do :      Why don't you answer BBReigns' question:       "Maybe you can tell us the secret as to how on earth Polian has such a grip on the NFL officials that you get flat out made up calls every week when you really need it?"      Until then, take your phony little olive branch, and go bail some hay!
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    Aww TP, what kind of whine do you like?  I know loaded questions are your favorite cheese. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Pats and Colts have work to do :      Why don't you answer BBReigns' question:       "Maybe you can tell us the secret as to how on earth Polian has such a grip on the NFL officials that you get flat out made up calls every week when you really need it?"      Until then, take your phony little olive branch, and go bail some hay!
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Unless Indylove goes on the luxury vacations that Polian pays for the refs in the off-season, how can he possibly answer that question? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Umm, if the Pats were handed calls constantly that simply were not applied correctly to plays on the field, I would just say:  "yes, they got away with one there" and admit it.

People claim the Tuck Rule was bad, but at least that is a rule that was applied correctly.

IndyDrip doesn't want to answer because he knows he'll have to admit it's flat out bogus.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Indy/UD...You had to have seen that (the backlash from Pats fans) coming, so why try. I understand your trying to start a constructive thread but...

Anyway, I'll bite. I think what the Pats need (OL, DL, OLB, CB, RB & WR) will have to be addressed, either in free agency or the draft. They are what they are now. They are a young team and they are going to have to learn through experience. Hopefully this will be the last thrashing they take (this year at least).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Agree with Indy that these rivals need some retooling.  Colts need to pay attention to D - they get run on far too much against good opponents.  Teams are able to keep Payton off the firld for long stretches at a time, unlike past seasons.

Pats need OLine makeover and replacements for Light, Neal, Koppen and a power-running back.  We are too one-dimensional and do not have a good intermediate to long passing game.  Brady seldom gets time to do the latter anyway, frankly.  Our D is young and I, for one, am satistied that they are growing and learning to play better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from l52094. Show l52094's posts

Indy:

Pats are pretty young on Defense and at some of the skilled positions on Offense.  From what we've seen this season, the kids have done good at times and not so good at others - they're learning on the job right now and they're very young.  No pundits picked the Pats to be a great/good team this season and any rational Pats fan knew that this season would be a continuation of the rebuilding that's been going on for awhile now IMO.  All we heard at the start was how the Jets would win the division and the Pats probably would not make the playoffs - this from the media experts.  The Browns loss did not really upset me too much because I never had high expectations for this Pats season -- due to the reality of where this team is right now in the rebuilding process.  Bottom line, Pats need help from the draft with those multiple high picks.  They also may sign a free agent or two that will help.  I'm excited about the future more than the here and now.  Just enjoying watching the team learn on the job at the moment when the kids make plays and do well.  They've done that more than they've screwed up.  Clearly the arrow is pointing up right now for the future seasons of the Pats and that's me being honest and unbiased.  Recent drafts have been very good.  Warren, Bodden, Faulk would have helped this year but injuries happen.

Colts:  Don't watch them much but clearly they've had injuries like the Pats with Bodden, Warren, Faulk.  They could use help on O line I guess.  Not really sure what the most pressing needs are for next few years.  What do you think Indy?     

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

I'd say where the pats are concerned, if you can wade through the doom and gloomers, you'd be happy to be 6-2.  Admittedly, I am a fan of another team and I assumed the pats would be 10-6 to 9-7.  9-7 after the loss of Moss. 

Clearly they are playing better than that, but pats fans should not be surprised by some losses.  Those who are, are unrealistic, because the ball can't bounce your way every game. 

The good news for the pats and the colts is that it appears that every team in the AFC is beatable right now.  No one seems to be totally "clicking" right now.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Colts need to figure out their oline, and their running backs (addai's contract is up this year - Brown does not appear to be the replacement, and I don't know that you fully hang your hat on a frequently injured Hart). 

We've had serious health issues in the secondary.  Sanders and Bullitt (SS) are both out.  The colts are hoping Sanders can heal before the end of the season although his injury is the same or similar to the one they put him on IR with last year. 

Lost our 3rd rd corner before the season started.  Our #2 and #3 corner have been hurt and missing games. 

I guess its hard for me to say what Indy needs going forward, because with a lack of health you can't evaluate players. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Pitt was a fumbled ball away from losing to Cincy last night.

People need to get off the "this is the best": talk because there isn't a best team right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

The way I see it.  Both Pats and Colts will win their divisions.  Jets, Ravens, Titans, and Texans will stumble through the rest of the season.  Ravens get the wild card.

Colts remaining schedule.  Colts have 5 home games left and are tough to beat at home.  Colts should have good weather games for the rest of the season, unless it's bad weather in Nashville.  I predict the Colts will go 5-3 the rest of the season, losing to Pats, Titans, and Chargers.  Somehow, the Colts get healthy for the playoffs.  Finish 10-6.  No Bye, might host 1 playoff game.
    CIN
    @NE - Get back Addai, Hart, Collie, Jerraud Powers.
    SD
    DAL - Might get back Bob Sanders
    @TEN
    JAC
    @OAK
    TEN

Patriots remaining schedule.  I predict the Pats finish the season going 6-2, losing to Steelers and Packers.  Finish season 12-4.  Patriots need to improve their running game as their last 5 games could be cold weather, and snowy conditions.  Pats get bye and host all playoff games.
    @PIT
    IND
    @DET
    JETS
    @BEARS
    PACKERS
    @BILLS
    DOLPHINS

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cryochiller. Show cryochiller's posts

Pats finish the season going 3-5.  Finish season 9-7. 
    @PIT  L
    IND  L
    @DET  W
    JETS  L
    @BEARS  L
    PACKERS  L
    @BILLS  W
    DOLPHINS  W

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Pats finish the season going 3-5.  Finish season 9-7.  @PIT  L IND  L @DET  W JETS  L @BEARS  L PACKERS  L @BILLS  W DOLPHINS  W
    Posted by cryochiller[/QUOTE]

lol!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kegarret. Show kegarret's posts

Wow, losing 3/4 at home?!! hahaha.  Good one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]I highly doubt it, drippy. Maybe you can tell us the secret as to how one earth Polian has such a grip on the NFL officials that you get flat out made up calls every week when you really need it? Please share with us, what that is like.
    Yes Crusty, there is one earth as far as we can tell.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Sweet backpedal. You do it in the other threads as well. Answer the  simple question if you choose to troll.
    How would he know the answer to that unless he and Polian sat together at committee meetings?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from l52094. Show l52094's posts

[QUOTE]I'd say where the pats are concerned, if you can wade through the doom and gloomers, you'd be happy to be 6-2.  Admittedly, I am a fan of another team and I assumed the pats would be 10-6 to 9-7.  9-7 after the loss of Moss.  Clearly they are playing better than that, but pats fans should not be surprised by some losses.  Those who are, are unrealistic, because the ball can't bounce your way every game.  The good news for the pats and the colts is that it appears that every team in the AFC is beatable right now.  No one seems to be totally "clicking" right now.  
    Posted by Indylove[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.  6-2 is great for the Pats and I never expected them to win t6 games to this point.  I would have guessed 10-6 or so at the start, even Mike Reiss said 10-6 I think.  The "doom and gloomers" on this board I don't think are serious Pats fans, for the most part, and a good number of them are probably fans of other teams pretending to be Pats fans so they can bash the team.  Whatever floats their boat.  Regardless, Pats are heading in the right direction for the next fews years, I think.

The Colts are a good team.  Mathis and Freeny are getting older but still get it done.  Manning is one of the best and still plays that way.  If the Colts didn't have so many injuries, they probably would have been out front right now.  They'll still be good but we just don't know what affect the injuries will ultimately have.

Sections
Shortcuts