Pats Aquire Giants TE Michael Matthews

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Pats Aquire Giants TE Michael Matthews

For a 2011 draft pick, we also swapped out Thomas. Not sure what to think about this move.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NastyPatriot. Show NastyPatriot's posts

Re: Pats Aquire Giants TE Michael Matthews

In Response to Pats Aquire Giants TE Michael Matthews:
    [QUOTE]For a 2011 draft pick, we also swapped out Thomas. Not sure what to think about this move.
    Posted by titletownfan[/QUOTE]

I posted ablout this, didn't see this one.

This guy made a big play that caught Belichick's eye last preseason.

It was a pass and basically nooone could tackle him....actually Fernando Bryant (then with the Pats) tried to and got a nice stiff-arm....3 or 4 days after that play, Bryant was released...I don't know if anyone remembers that play, but I do.

The guy has alot of potential, and is a good blocker.

He's now a Patriot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Aquire Giants TE Michael Matthews:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Pats Aquire Giants TE Michael Matthews : I posted ablout this, didn't see this one. This guy made a big play that caught Belichick's eye last preseason. It was a pass and basically nooone could tackle him....actually Fernando Bryant (then with the Pats) tried to and got a nice stiff-arm....3 or 4 days after that play, Bryant was released...I don't know if anyone remembers that play, but I do. The guy has alot of potential, and is a good blocker. He's now a Patriot.
    Posted by NastyPatriot[/QUOTE]

Good comment, but why did NY trade him?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NastyPatriot. Show NastyPatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Aquire Giants TE Michael Matthews:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats Aquire Giants TE Michael Matthews : Good comment, but why did NY trade him?
    Posted by FLACFAN[/QUOTE]

Probably just have different plans for their roster I guess. Who knows...

I know one thing is for sure...Belichick loves Tight Ends, and if he sees one he likes, he'll grab him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Anything is better then Thomas, he STUNK!!!!
    NEXT HOPEFULLY IS WATSON...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

Giants are deep at T.E and there was a lot of competition behind Kevin Boss.

Matthews also made a good catch the other night which caught bills eye.

The pats are just maximizing value on thomas. Sure we lost a little at t.e but there is already so much depth there. The deal makes sense.

....although I really thought we'd hear AJ Feely for Smith or Watson

Oh well

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

Boy!  I can't wait to hear the explaination for these last minute TE trades.
    This NY guy must be pretty good for BB to give up on two tight ends that know our system.  I hope he is a fast learner.  And I'm still bummed about Nunn.  He couldn't have done any more to deserve a chance with the Pats.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nykrb. Show nykrb's posts

In Response to Pats Aquire Giants TE Michael Matthews:
    [QUOTE]For a 2011 draft pick, we also swapped out Thomas. Not sure what to think about this move.
    Posted by titletownfan[/QUOTE]

It means the Pats decided it was more important to keep Brady in one peice than it is to have a TE with good hands and no blocking skills.

Hopefully Matthews is the type of blocker that Graham was, with Baker and now Matthews they might actually be able to pick up a blitzer or edge rusher... neither Watson or Thomas ever seemed capable of doing so.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

nykrb----------> That Y they did it... your 100% wright. We need to get 2 the bowl and 2 do that, we need 2 keep him in 1 piece. Thomas was horriable! and thats it, plain and simple.

Sections
Shortcuts