pats are 0-3 on the road.and out scored 50-10 after halftime

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

pats are 0-3 on the road.and out scored 50-10 after halftime

all three of our losse,s have come on the road games,and all due to halftime melt downs offense,and defense.this is something that will have to change if they are to get far in the play-offs.I can remember the pats playing better on the road then at home.this is surpriseing this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: pats are 0-3 on the road.

You have to look at the 3 losses, not just comment that they are all on the road:

#1: Jets at NY. Jets were treating that as their Super Bowl, and were clicking in all facets. Even Dirty Sanchez looked good that day.

#2: Broncos at Denver. Again, a team with more to prove to the Pats than the other way around. A team, again, clicking on all cylanders at the time they defeated the Pats. Anyone worry about Denver if they played in Denver/NE?The Sun or anywhere else at this point?

#3: The Colts at Indy. To lose on the road by one point to a team of this caliber...well, no loss is good, but it happens.

The first two losses also came well before Tom Brady looked like Tom Brady, and the defense is getting better by the week. Yes, obviously they will have to win on the road in December and January to want to go anywhere, but far too much is being made locally, and nationally about their road record. Guess what, it could be 0-4 after going TO NO on Monday night, and would that be a huge shocker? It shouldn't be. Good teams, even great teams lose to other good teams. And as the saying goes, "Any given Sunday...any team can win." Oakland beat Cincy and KC beat Pitt on the SAME DAY! I'd feel much worse about either of those losses, and Pitt and Cincy are probably 2 of the top 4 teams in the AFC (Indy and NE being the other 2).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

In Response to Re: pats are 0-3 on the road.:
    [QUOTE]You have to look at the 3 losses, not just comment that they are all on the road: #1: Jets at NY. Jets were treating that as their Super Bowl, and were clicking in all facets. Even Dirty Sanchez looked good that day. #2: Broncos at Denver. Again, a team with more to prove to the Pats than the other way around. A team, again, clicking on all cylanders at the time they defeated the Pats. Anyone worry about Denver if they played in Denver/NE?The Sun or anywhere else at this point? #3: The Colts at Indy. To lose on the road by one point to a team of this caliber...well, no loss is good, but it happens. The first two losses also came well before Tom Brady looked like Tom Brady, and the defense is getting better by the week. Yes, obviously they will have to win on the road in December and January to want to go anywhere, but far too much is being made locally, and nationally about their road record. Guess what, it could be 0-4 after going TO NO on Monday night, and would that be a huge shocker? It shouldn't be. Good teams, even great teams lose to other good teams. And as the saying goes, "Any given Sunday...any team can win." Oakland beat Cincy and KC beat Pitt on the SAME DAY! I'd feel much worse about either of those losses, and Pitt and Cincy are probably 2 of the top 4 teams in the AFC (Indy and NE being the other 2).
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

I agree with most of this but we do seem to have a 2nd half problem.

We only scored 7 on the Jets in the 2nd half and they're, well, the Jets.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: pats are 0-3 on the road.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: pats are 0-3 on the road. : I agree with most of this but we do seem to have a 2nd half problem. We only scored 7 on the Jets in the 2nd half and they're, well, the Jets.
    Posted by KellieMB[/QUOTE]

I am sure BB's on top of it. I can imagine him giving one of those "the game is played for 60 minutes" kind of speeches.

The question is whether the players are upt ot it. I am actually bothered by what people were saying after the Colts game -- the D was gassed. I hope they prove on monday that they have more than enough to really play for 60 minutes vs a good O.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: pats are 0-3 on the road.and out scored 50-10 after halftime

I agree, there does seem to be an issue with this team in second halves...hopefully it gets sorted out, and to that end, I have faith in the Coach that he will correct it, he is one of the best.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

In Response to Re: pats are 0-3 on the road.and out scored 50-10 after halftime:
    [QUOTE]I agree, there does seem to be an issue with this team in second halves...hopefully it gets sorted out, and to that end, I have faith in the Coach that he will correct it, he is one of the best.

You better hope he can.  The Saints have outscored their opponents 188-84 in the second half and have only allowed an average of 2.4 points in the fourth quarter while scoring 105 points themselves.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

and you can add the saints defense has only allowed 7 passing td,s this season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: pats are 0-3 on the road.and out scored 50-10 after halftime:
    [QUOTE]I agree, there does seem to be an issue with this team in second halves...hopefully it gets sorted out, and to that end, I have faith in the Coach that he will correct it, he is one of the best.

The thing that still concerns me is the running game. I have no doubt that NE will always be significantly ahead at half time. At that point any balanced team would try to eat up minutes while marching down the field to score -- every now and then do some play action just to keep the opposing D honest. I have yet to see evidence that Maroney has the mental make up to take on that responsibility.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

it definitely makes a difference to have the kind of threat that the pats do when running the ball in the 2nd half...it was the same reason the phins never won any superbowls with marino in the 80's

all pass and no run= no titles

the pats went from a tough team that could win a variety of different ways, to a finesse team that has to pass a ton in order to win

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

We have 7 wins and none are against a team with a winning record.

We're basically a team that can only beat bottom feeders.  When we play top teams, we lose.  Same as 2008. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]it definitely makes a difference to have the kind of threat that the pats do when running the ball in the 2nd half...it was the same reason the phins never won any superbowls with marino in the 80's all pass and no run= no titles the pats went from a tough team that could win a variety of different ways, to a finesse team that has to pass a ton in order to win
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Are you aware of the fact that the Saints average more than 40 yards more per game (153.4-112.8) rushing the ball than the Patriots?  What you are trying to pass as a strength of the Patriots is even a greater strength of the Saints.  In fact, the Patriots allow six more yards per game rushing than the Saints.

Sections
Shortcuts