Pats are close on a deal with a WR

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Pats are close on a deal with a WR

I hear they are reaching out to Donte Stallworth to make a return and capitalize on last years return. I guess that 63 yard TD really gave them hope on answering their deep threat problems! 

Woohoooo!  I know this is news that everyone has been waiting for! NOT

But the real problem with this thread is Im not joking and there in lies the problem with Pats management and their cheap, short sighted ways. They didnt even want this guy back in 08' after his 1st year and here we are 5 years later still bringing in guys like this trying to rekindle that magic???  Please just sign Greg Jenning and be done with it. The guy is really getting no offers and thats the least they could do after passing on him for C.J. back in 06'.  Dude is in his 8th year. Let him know his chances of getting paid are slim and he should sign with a winner!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Pats are close on a deal with a WR

They had him last year and released him. Not sure what they are thinking unless it's a vet min no gaurantee deal as a camp body

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

They had him last year and released him. Not sure what they are thinking unless it's a vet min no gaurantee deal as a camp body

Yea but he went to I/R because he was hurt after that ONE catch. I believe he stays if he doesnt get hurt and Branch never returns. I just dont wanna see Gaffney, Branch and Stallworth in camp again, I mean Really???  Can we give Brady better than that?? I believe so

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Yea but he went to I/R because he was hurt after that ONE catch. I believe he stays if he doesnt get hurt and Branch never returns. I just dont wanna see Gaffney, Branch and Stallworth in camp again, I mean Really???  Can we give Brady better than that?? I believe so

Reminds me of 06' so far which scares me. I would hate to go into a season and have them cut Lloyd then sign Stallworth, Cribbs, and Gibson as our 1-3 WR's.  That would kill me

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Ravens just dumped Bernard Pollard, does BB go after him  HAHA

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Please no! No! No! No!  I'm getting so tired of some of the moves this team makes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

and lock him in a trunk permenantly

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Well considering that half of this board was complaining that we never get guys like him, I would expect many would be in favor, even if he is and always has been a journeyman.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

This team is 26 mill under the cap, Kraft wants to spend up to the cap. no moves so far have been made. What are they waiting on? June 1st when they can pick up bargain basement FA's? I would like to see the secondary improved along with another outside pass rusher. Who knows what is mgoing on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

this makes sense for chung going to the Eagles because he played there for Chip Kelley. 3 years at 10 mill, expected to start, if he can stay on the field. He did get 2.85 mill guaranteed.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

this makes sense for chung going to the Eagles because he played there for Chip Kelley. 3 years at 10 mill, expected to start, if he can stay on the field. He did get 2.85 mill guaranteed.  

Im happy for Chung, but it was time for him to move on. He will fit nicely in Philly because their secondary was atrocious last year and they wont ask too much of him. I just hope they dont mess around with that inverted safety stuff. That was their downfall 2 years ago, brining in that Rivera guy who messed things up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

I think it's time to remind everyone again "that teams that win in March rarely win big during the regular and post season. 

Last year it was "if we could only be like the Bills, look at the big names they signed". How did that work out?  

Redskins anyone?  Without getting RG3 through the draft where would they be?  etc., etc. . .

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:

I think it's time to remind everyone again "that teams that win in March rarely win big during the regular and post season

Last year it was "if we could only be like the Bills, look at the big names they signed". How did that work out?  

Redskins anyone?  Without getting RG3 through the draft where would they be?  etc., etc. . .

While true I hate when people say this as if it's a black and white issue. Good teams keep their own players and add talent to the existing roster. They don't go crazy but most of the SB winning teams added a or a couple of talented starting caliber guys. You don't see SB winning teams sitting back and waiting for left overs either. Think about the Pats SB years. They went out and got the players they wanted. They didn't wait to see what was left over. They didn't start doing that until 06'. You have to have a combo. You resign key players, add one or two higher end talented players, and you leave enough room to sign left overs for depth and see if one can outperform their contract. They don't need to be the Bills but they don't need to the the Pats of 06' or 08' either

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Is Joey Galloway still available to bring back?  How about Torry Holt? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

While true I hate when people say this as if it's a black and white issue. Good teams keep their own players and add talent to the existing roster. They don't go crazy but most of the SB winning teams added a or a couple of talented starting caliber guys. You don't see SB winning teams sitting back and waiting for left overs either. Think about the Pats SB years. They went out and got the players they wanted. They didn't wait to see what was left over. They didn't start doing that until 06'. You have to have a combo. You resign key players, add one or two higher end talented players, and you leave enough room to sign left overs for depth and see if one can outperform their contract. They don't need to be the Bills but they don't need to the the Pats of 06' or 08' either

Have you seen the Ravens?  It's like a dam firesale over there.  Their entire LB corps is gone.  If Reed leaves so are both of their safeties and Boldin is gone as well.  Newsome is one of the most respected personnel men in the league and he is doing the exact opposite of what you claim.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Have you seen the Ravens?  It's like a dam firesale over there.  Their entire LB corps is gone.  If Reed leaves so are both of their safeties and Boldin is gone as well.  Newsome is one of the most respected personnel men in the league and he is doing the exact opposite of what you claim.

When the Ravens signed Flacco for 120 mil, they didn't have room to keep others. now we will see their downfall.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I might have missed something but didn't they win the SB last year?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Yeah they did.  That is the  point.  You said SB winning teams don't sit around in FA.  Well the Ravens sure as hell are.  Half of their defense just walked.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

What I just realized is that it doesn't matter who you sign as a free agent; what matters is how quickly you sign them.  Apparently there are bonus points tacked onto the scoreboard if you sign free agents within the first 90 seconds of the free agency period. Got it.  Thanks guys.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Yeah they did.  That is the  point.  You said SB winning teams don't sit around in FA.  Well the Ravens sure as hell are.  Half of their defense just walked.

Yes and the year before they added players. SF is adding players this year. Giants added players their SB years. Pitt added players. You don't need to go crazy with money but if you want to get over the hump and win a SB you need to add quality not a bunch of depth players you hope one might give you starting reps

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Where did Suggs and Upshaw go?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

What I just realized is that it doesn't matter who you sign as a free agent; what matters is how quickly you sign them.  Apparently there are bonus points tacked onto the scoreboard if you sign free agents within the first 90 seconds of the free agency period. Got it.  Thanks guys.

I like your sarcasm but the quality of players tends to decrese the longer you go into FA. The top quality players are usually the first off the board because they are desired. The lower quality other teams don't want tend to stick around for a while because no one wants them

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

Fine their  ILB are gone.  For a team that plays so much 3-4 it seems problematic that they only have 2 LB.  In any event the point still stands that the Ravens in my opinion are literally doing exactly the opposite of what PE claims "all SB winning teams do" which is keep their players and add more in FA.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

Fine their  ILB are gone.  For a team that plays so much 3-4 it seems problematic that they only have 2 LB.  In any event the point still stands that the Ravens in my opinion are literally doing exactly the opposite of what PE claims "all SB winning teams do" which is keep their players and add more in FA.

Just ba11 busting man, no worries. Manti Te'o time in Baltimore!

Sections
Shortcuts