Pats are in good shape, stop with the negative

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Re: Pats are in good shape, stop with the negative

In Response to Re: Pats are in good shape, stop with the negative:
    In Response to Re: Pats are in good shape, stop with the negative : Concern is one thing, saying the coach has lost it they are done because no big outside names have been signed, we have no TEs what are they thinking and on and on that is negatives. The Pats have done exactly what they needed to do, keep their own FAs, tender RFAs at a high tag and stay away from over paying for FAs in the market. Next season a CBA will be in place, next year there will be a ton of really good FAs in the market and also a salary cap.  Teams like Chicago, Atlanta, Miami ect will not be able to go after FAs because they have spent this year and overpaid for a few big name FAs. The Pats are in a perfect spot, can they reach the SB this year?  Maybe maybe not but they have not sacrificed the future this year.  They will make the playoffs and maybe with some better play from the OL and DL we can get there but I'm ok with not and saving for 2011.
    Posted by Pats7393

miami only overpaid for dansby a little bit and by no means puts them in any kind of a cap hell at this point...the jetsies however, could be roasting for quite some time

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

dunno...mebbe some of the whiners should stop complaining about the whiners. The board has crybabies that complain about everything....then u got the koolaid drinking bunch who still think the Patriots are perfect and are the best team in the universe. Both tend to resort in personal insults when they've got nothing else to say and/or because it makes them feel better/superior about themselves.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

Koolaid drinking is a nice touch, if you are referring to this thread as a koolaid drinking pie eating one it is not.  There's still work to be done and by no means do I say we are SB bound what I'm trying to show other casual fans who might not be following anything other than the pats is the picture of the team compared to what's happening in the NFL and other teams and how we have a core of players with now a year experience and/or a year in this system.

Do I think letting TEs go without having one other than a blocking OL who occasionally plays TE on short yardage was a mistake, yes.  Do I think we are doomed by it, no by no means we are.

So this is what I say, don't like informative threads don't read them but I do appreciate some good koolaid and pie.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

As one of the people who believes that the Pats didn't do enough this FA I have to say that I never said Belichick has lost it, he is the greatest coach in NFL history. What I believed isn't that the Pats should go after Peppers, Dansby, or Cromatie, but that they should build through the draft and use FA to bring in some talent. I don't care how deep this year's draft is, there is no way the Pats-- or any other team-- will draft a stud with every pick they have. I wanted the Pats to draft defensive players in the draft to get faster, stronger, more conditioned, and an OT to compliment Vollmer. But when it came to positions such as WRs, TEs, RBs, I wanted them to work FA. Let's be honest, the Pats haven't had success when it comes to drafting these position in the Belichick era. I wanted them to go get Antonio Bryant, they didn't even try. Go get Boldin, they didn't try, Mason, they never made him an offer. I wanted them to bring in Crumpler because he fits what they do with their TEs, they didn't. Thomas Jones was up for grabs, they just let him walk to KC. I don't think the Pats need an all-star at every position to win a SB, but they basically brought back the same team from last year. And when that team had to face quality opponents they got squashed--especially against the Saints. So when the Pats didn't make any attempt to bring in any new blood it left me puzzled. I love the Patriots, I'll cheer for them through thick and thin, but I don't think they can compete next year with this level of talent. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

You have been complaining after the first day of free agency....there are still well over 3/4 of the free agents out there....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I have four questions for you  "The Pats haven't done enough" crowd. There is a draft coming up later this year, correct? The Pats have no idea who they are actually going to draft, correct? They may know who they want but they have no idea if they are going to get them, right? Ok, so how do you intelligently fill the holes that you have on your team that you didn't fill in the draft, without going through the draft first.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Pats are in good shape, stop with the negative : Koolaid drinking is a nice touch, if you are referring to this thread as a koolaid drinking pie eating one it is not.  There's still work to be done and by no means do I say we are SB bound what I'm trying to show other casual fans who might not be following anything other than the pats is the picture of the team compared to what's happening in the NFL and other teams and how we have a core of players with now a year experience and/or a year in this system. Do I think letting TEs go without having one other than a blocking OL who occasionally plays TE on short yardage was a mistake, yes.  Do I think we are doomed by it, no by no means we are. So this is what I say, don't like informative threads don't read them but I do appreciate some good koolaid and pie.
    Posted by Pats7393

nope, didn't say this was a koolaid thread. Most peeps on this board are tweeners - those between the two extremes. I like the informational threads too.

However, I just like pie, keep the koolaid - thanks :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: Pats are in good shape, stop with the negative : nope, didn't say this was a koolaid thread. Most peeps on this board are tweeners - those between the two extremes. I like the informational threads too. However, I just like pie, keep the koolaid - thanks :)
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

No Koolaid, ok how about a Mai Tai or a Hawaii Kai Swizzle?  just kidding.

For those who haven't followed the pats have and are hosting a number of draftees including Gyliard.  With these although it is a routine every year this year they started early and are hosting guys frequently.  Indication they are looking to fill some of the holes as expected, in the draft.

That's not to say they still give some FAs a look but look at draft day, there will be moves made and some nice picks coming from the camp.  If that doesn't happen I'll be the first to post what was he thinking but so far I think the plan is a good one.  I'm trying to find the 2011 list of FAs to see all the 1st tear players available.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The Patriots were a bad second half team last year. They were 12-2-2 at the half. The two times they were behind were the first game of the season against Buffalo and against New Orleans. We did not get squashed against quality opponents, with the exception of NO. The Ravens playoff game sticks in our craw because it was the playoffs. The team that played that game was not the team I watched all season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In Response to Re: Pats are in good shape, stop with the negative : No, but the panic that has been in here is a negative and annoying.....
    Posted by m1021us

Then dont read it and you wont get annoyed, let me ask you DOctor, how do you determine the difference between Panic and Concern? what are the definitions and please describe them to us

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In Response to Re: Pats are in good shape, stop with the negative : Koolaid drinking is a nice touch, if you are referring to this thread as a koolaid drinking pie eating one it is not.  There's still work to be done and by no means do I say we are SB bound what I'm trying to show other casual fans who might not be following anything other than the pats is the picture of the team compared to what's happening in the NFL and other teams and how we have a core of players with now a year experience and/or a year in this system. Do I think letting TEs go without having one other than a blocking OL who occasionally plays TE on short yardage was a mistake, yes.  Do I think we are doomed by it, no by no means we are. So this is what I say, don't like informative threads don't read them but I do appreciate some good koolaid and pie.
    Posted by Pats7393

You do realize Kool Aid drinking refers to Jim Jones and the mass suicide of 638 adults and 276 children.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Pats are in good shape, stop with the negative : You have been complaining after the first day of free agency....there are still well over 3/4 of the free agents out there....
    Posted by m1021us

Name 1/4th of those FA worth signing...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

i think they're doing fine by not signing a bunch of FA's that aren't gonna play for top dollar. i agree there has been a lot of crying and wailing that Bb isn't doing anything.

maybe he's taking the Goerge Castanza philosophy this time by doing the opposite of what he has done for the past coupla yearsWink

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

I see stumphead is making friends every where, what a tard, a tard that  knows nothing about football and hates life so much he has to insult people on chat forum.
    stumphead=LOSER

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Pats are in good shape, stop with the negative : No Koolaid, ok how about a Mai Tai or a Hawaii Kai Swizzle?  just kidding. For those who haven't followed the pats have and are hosting a number of draftees including Gyliard.  With these although it is a routine every year this year they started early and are hosting guys frequently.  Indication they are looking to fill some of the holes as expected, in the draft. That's not to say they still give some FAs a look but look at draft day, there will be moves made and some nice picks coming from the camp.  If that doesn't happen I'll be the first to post what was he thinking but so far I think the plan is a good one.  I'm trying to find the 2011 list of FAs to see all the 1st tear players available.
    Posted by Pats7393

LOL. No...not to keen on the fruity drinks, but beer and/or bourbon sounds good.

Still plenty of time to improve on paper. Hopefully, player progress, the draft, and FA pickups will translate to a better team on the field :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

LOL - Pats are in good shape. To what miss the playoffs. They have retained some players who were part of the worst Pats D this decade. Everytime they played a team with a winning record they were either blown away or choke up a 4th quarter lead. Either they have something up their sleeve for the draft or else they are retooling for a couple of years time. I only hope Brady remains at his peak and healthy for when that happens. So far they have holes on the O and D line,Running back,Tight End, Linebacker and with Welker down they need at least 1 other wide reciever. That is a lot to expect from 1 draft

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Though you make so good points... sorry to burst your bubble on the future "dynastic run"...  Brady is NOT 29...  He'll be 33 when the season starts...  Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock."

If he's currently 32, that current 3-year differntial, simply means that my entire argument and thus, whole world has collapsed...considering Brady states that he wants to play until 40-makes little to no difference;  So perhaps then NE should probably therefore sell out their future team, by trading a couple high draft picks so we can get Brady a somewhat decent #2 wideout (then all we'll need is 2 OLBs, a DE, a 1-2 TEs, 1 CB, 1-2 O-Lineman, and 1-2 RBs...oh, and a punter). 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Are we making a contract for gostowski? We really need him, and we also need a punter too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

LOL - Pats are in good shape. To what miss the playoffs. They have retained some players who were part of the worst Pats D this decade. Everytime they played a team with a winning record they were either blown away or choke up a 4th quarter lead. Either they have something up their sleeve for the draft or else they are retooling for a couple of years time. I only hope Brady remains at his peak and healthy for when that happens. So far they have holes on the O and D line,Running back,Tight End, Linebacker and with Welker down they need at least 1 other wide reciever. That is a lot to expect from 1 draft
    Posted by Brad34

So what would had made you happy?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Are we making a contract for gostowski? We really need him, and we also need a punter too.
    Posted by Patsdateam

He was 2nd round tendered....if someone wants him they can give us a 2nd rnd pick.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

When you look at how Belichick and Kraft build a team it is like watching an artist at work.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

" Though you make so good points... sorry to burst your bubble on the future "dynastic run"...  Brady is NOT 29...  He'll be 33 when the season starts...  Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock ." If he's currently 32, that current 3-year differntial, simply means that my entire argument and thus, whole world has collapsed...considering Brady states that he wants to play until 40-makes little to no difference;  So perhaps then NE should  probably therefore sell out their future team, by trading a couple high draft picks so we can get Brady a somewhat decent #2 wideout (then all we'll need is 2 OLBs, a DE, a 1-2 TEs, 1 CB, 1-2 O-Lineman, and 1-2 RBs...oh, and a punter). 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Doesn't matter who you have at WR TE RB if the OL is not upgraded at center and right side TB will not have time to throw.  They have Connoly at who is an upgrade at center and the coaches are high on Bussey at RG so another g/c backup and a RT for the future are probably address in the draft.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Posted by Brad34

We finished 5th in the NFL with 17.8 PAA

we were worse in 2008 ranking 8th in the NFL and having a 19.3 PAA

We were slightly better in 2007 than this year ranking 4th and having a 17.1 PAA

2006 we were really good with a #2 rank and 14.8 PAA

2005 we had a pretty bad D....we finished 17th with a 21.1 PAA.

2004 we tied for #2 with a 16.3 PAA

2003 we were #1 D with 14.9 PAA

2002 we ranked #17 with a 21.6 PAA

I count 3 seasons this decade where our D was worse than last year.....one where we were about even....I don't think that you are talking about the Pats....maybe the Lions.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Every year its the same thing. People see the first few FA signings and immediately panic because they didn't go to the pats. Look at the history of big ticket FA signings, people! I'd guestimate there's a 10-20% success rate with guys like peppers who the bears have mortgaged their franchise to sign. Just look at our own worthless AT.

I agree with the thought that we're fine.

1. We're bringing back all of our potential FAs. That alone puts us ahead of the many teams who lost key guys through FA.  

2. Our younger guys are no longer rookies and some will definately step up this year; butler, chung, volmer, etc.

3. We will sign some key FAs. Not headline guys but guys that BB thinks will help us, like Josh Reed.

4. We have two highly regarded rookies in McKenzie and Tate who will be coming off injuries and rarin' to go.

5. We have consistency in our O-line over several years. The weak link (kazur) will be replaced by the promising Volmer.

6. We're stocked with picks in a very deep draft. We have two #1s next year, one almost certain to be top 10.

I'm thinking that most any NFL team would love to be in the position we're in, going into 2011 season.    

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

Every year its the same thing. People see the first few FA signings and immediately panic because they didn't go to the pats. Look at the history of big ticket FA signings, people! I'd guestimate there's a 10-20% success rate with guys like peppers who the bears have mortgaged their franchise to sign. Just look at our own worthless AT. I agree with the thought that we're fine. 1. We're bringing back all of our potential FAs. That alone puts us ahead of the many teams who lost key guys through FA.   2. Our younger guys are no longer rookies and some will definately step up this year; butler, chung, volmer, etc. 3. We will sign some key FAs. Not headline guys but guys that BB thinks will help us, like Josh Reed. 4. We have two highly regarded rookies in McKenzie and Tate who will be coming off injuries and rarin' to go. 5. We have consistency. 5. We're stocked with picks in a very deep draft. We have two #1s next year, one almost certain to be top 10. I'm thinking that most any NFL team would love to be in the position we're in, going into 2011 season.    
    Posted by unclealfie

AMEN Unclealfie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Pats are in good shape, stop with the negative : Absolutely agreed.  Some people need to go live in another city/talk to someone who is a fan of another team to get some context. Only 20% of organizations are run very well. Then there is 50% mediocre tier and then a 30% AWFUL tier.  NE is still clearly in the top 20%. 
    Posted by russgriswold

I guess some perspective is in order, because there was a time when our good ol' Patriots were "clearly" in the "Awful" tier.  I still watched them plug away, even during those dismal years.

I'm not sure how you derived that we are "clearly" in the top 20%. Things are pretty dynamic. If you were to say that the Patriots were in the top 20% between 2001-2004, okay, I might buy that. But, methinks, that in the upper part of the middle 50% is probably more accurate.

Sections
Shortcuts