Pats are missing this ONE PIECE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Pats are missing this ONE PIECE?

A Brusing Fullback! Last one the Pats had was Health Evans. A player like Tolbert, Hillis or McGahee?

Thoughts?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Pats are missing this ONE PIECE?

Ditto..Ridley.

Plus he's a good receiver out of the backfield. We just need to use him more.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

they have the guy in ridley but they need to use him.. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Agree with Ridley.  BJGE needs to be the complimentary back.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

wilfork.....he's shown he can run    :  )

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

In Response to Re: Pats are missing this ONE PIECE?:
    [QUOTE]wilfork.....he's shown he can run    :  )
    Posted by sday4x4[/QUOt

LOL: A la William "Fridge" Perry?

Why not

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The piece(s) they're missing may be on the other side of the ball, not on offense.   But Barrett and Brown may yet be enough to solidify the safety group, it's hard to tell. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]wilfork.....he's shown he can run    :  )
    Posted by sday4x4[/QUOTE]

yes, Big Vince

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I would say a shutdown corner would be nice.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Pats are missing this ONE PIECE?:
    [QUOTE]A Brusing Fullback! Last one the Pats had was Health Evans. A player like Tolbert, Hillis or McGahee? Thoughts?
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

Waste of a roster spot.  We live in a league of singleback, 2te or 3wr

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

This is Eric Kettani's first season back from military duty. Hopefully, NE can get him back into playing shape, because he is a true fullback and was quite impressive at Navy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

And why do the Pats need one???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Also Tolbert Hillis and McGahee are all just powerful tailbacks not fullbacks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

why? Patriots are unfortunately committed to the passing first approach (yes, I'm bein sarcastic). There's no such thing as running or play action in the offensive playbook. And according to some fans, we don't need to do those kinds of things.

Sam Bam Cunningham is a FB blast of the past.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

I miss Sam Gash.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]why? Patriots are unfortunately committed to the passing first approach (yes, I'm bein sarcastic). There's no such thing as running or play action in the offensive playbook. And according to some fans, we don't need to do those kinds of things. Sam Bam Cunningham is a FB blast of the past.
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

Nah, Bam was huge, but he was a tailback; Bam didn't block for anyone. Tom Rathman was a fullback. Tony WhatsHisName who used to block for LDT at San Dago, now he was a fullback.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Eric Kettani of Navy is with the team now and clear of his military obligations and he was a beast as a FB in college.  I think that is the FB plan.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

A brusing fullback is without a doubt not the one piece that is missing. Somebody on D that is a sheer terror which the other team must account for and fear on every play would be nice.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats are missing this ONE PIECE? : Nah, Bam was huge, but he was a tailback; Bam didn't block for anyone. Tom Rathman was a fullback. Tony WhatsHisName who used to block for LDT at San Dago, now he was a fullback.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

Lorenzo Neal, and the league is such a high-scoring, passing affair that a true blocking fullback (who usually doesn't offer much else by way of pass-catching, versatility to be split out wide, et al) is truly a waste of a roster spot for all but the most conservative offenses (i.e. the Jets who have John Connor)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

A few years back there was a thread about how FBs are a dead position. I disagreed. 

Nice to see this thread running. 

NE needs a true FB who can catch, is about 240+ pounds and can block like a jackhammer. It would add a dimension to the offense, like two back sets, that just can't work as well with the current personell. 

I really hope Kettani can get up to speed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]A few years back there was a thread about how FBs are a dead position. I disagreed.  Nice to see this thread running.  NE needs a true FB who can catch, is about 240+ pounds and can block like a jackhammer. It would add a dimension to the offense, like two back sets, that just can't work as well with the current personell.  I really hope Kettani can get up to speed.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I guess BB thinks that a FB is just a glorified blocker, so, may as well use a fleet of foot lineman instead...lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]And why do the Pats need one???
    Posted by maine12[/QUOTE]

1. Pass blocking in the backfield 2. variatyion on screen pass 3. variation on draws. 4. occasional lead blocks out of a power-I.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

[QUOTE]I would say a shutdown corner would be nice.
    Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE]

A quality corner is always an integral part of the defense in this pass-happy league.   Next on the list would be a Rodney Harrison clone.  Just one truly dominant defensive player could solidify the entire defense, especially if he created havoc for a nervous quarterback!