Pats are not an Elite team.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Pats are not an Elite team.

One thing I said to myself when NE lost to the Giants in the SB is..."that is probably the best shot they had at another ring...its been a good run".

No lie.

I will always continue to be a Pats fan.  I been one since 1992 and dont plan on ever stopping, but reality is that they are no longer an elite team.

Robert Kraft & Co. have run a great orgination for almost 20yrs and will continue to be consistant, but Elite will have to come at a later date.

I will take nothing from the Saints.  They did exactly what they were suppose to do.  Expose a weak defense.  Too many big plays.  The pats got smoked!  Plain and simple.

This NE team has not been the same since 2005.  They have not been the team to close out close games, play solid defense and have been one dimensional on offense.

I believe they will continue to be a playoff team or at least in the hunt every year, but what we have been seeing this year is who we will continue to see.

BB has too much responsibilities. 

NE has no OC!

NE has no DC!

Im not sure if Weis or Crennel is the answer but its definately not Pees or Obrien.

Im sure they will win the rest of the way out...at least they should.

I didnt even expect a win tonight, but i didnt think they were going to get blown out.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nepatsfan523. Show nepatsfan523's posts

Re: Pats are not an Elite team.

Well this is a rebuilding year. SHocking theyll even have a chance in the playoffs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

In Response to Re: Pats are not an Elite team.:
    Well this is a rebuilding year. SHocking theyll even have a chance in the playoffs
    Posted by nepatsfan523

I would not bet the house on the Pats making the playoffs. This team cannot play on the road. They got stopped by a pedestrian secondary. The refs try to help you out tonight, but Brees made sure the zebras became irrelevant.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

They are rebuilding with no DC?   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I couldn't agree with you more SA, TX
    BB has too much responsibilities. (he does!)

NE has no OC! (No doubt!- terrible - Weis? or a big time OC please!)

NE has no DC! (no doubt here too - Pees is way too SOFT! - Same thing everygame - even if Seymour was still here - Romeo or Groh?  please)

Im not sure if Weis or Crennel is the answer but its definately not Pees or Obrien.
    (totally agree) Maybe toss in Al Groh as DC - he is aggressive and came from the Tree as well.

But remember, BB and co. made these so-call personal moves to start the season and I didn't agree with them then - and I certainely don't agree with them NOW!  You can't have BACKUPS play as STARTERS in this league and expect to bring the same results - they aren't consistent enough!!! We have Way too many backup players playing in our Defense now!  Maybe some of the rookies will pan out - but oh man - then you toss in Pee's / BB's defense scheming - way too SOFT!!! they don't even get a hand on opposing QBS????  Then we watch Brady get killed back there -

UGH!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Posted by nepatsfan523

I thought so, too, especially with the announcers noting the 6 new starters on defense this year.

To the other guy: I thought the offensive playcalling stunk, but I thought the defense could have done much better if they had executed.  They blew too many assignments, bit on too many underneath routes in getting burned deep, and missed WAY too many tackles for me to blame Pees or Belichick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

& they never got a #3 Wideout this year - (and please don't tell me it's AIKEN - he is a spec team/backup WR only)....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nepatsfan523. Show nepatsfan523's posts

They are rebuilding with no DC?   
    Posted by patsfaninsatx

Thats my question too
    I don't think of us fans want to see OBrien and Dean P*ss next year

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Its depressing. I told myself that after losing to the Broncos the way we did. We have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball... its just not like it used to be.

Every game we used to have a play where we let it be known that WE ARE THE PATRIOTS on defense especially.

Merriweather's hit on Shockey would've lit a fire under the old team. Instead it was Sharper's hit on Faulk that seem to make us put our tail between our legs.

It Sux!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

In Response to Pats are not an Elite team.:
    One thing I said to myself when NE lost to the Giants in the SB is..."that is probably the best shot they had at another ring...its been a good run". No lie. I will always continue to be a Pats fan.  I been one since 1992 and dont plan on ever stopping, but reality is that they are no longer an elite team. Robert Kraft & Co. have run a great orgination for almost 20yrs and will continue to be consistant, but Elite will have to come at a later date. I will take nothing from the Saints.  They did exactly what they were suppose to do.  Expose a weak defense.  Too many big plays.  The pats got smoked!  Plain and simple. This NE team has not been the same since 2005.  They have not been the team to close out close games, play solid defense and have been one dimensional on offense. I believe they will continue to be a playoff team or at least in the hunt every year, but what we have been seeing this year is who we will continue to see. BB has too much responsibilities.  NE has no OC! NE has no DC! Im not sure if Weis or Crennel is the answer but its definately not Pees or Obrien. Im sure they will win the rest of the way out...at least they should. I didnt even expect a win tonight, but i didnt think they were going to get blown out.   
    Posted by patsfaninsatx

I agree but this team has one more run in them..in the meantime other teams have caught up.. This is the nature of the NFL..the offense of this current team is far better than the defense and they dont complement each other very well.  In the old days (SB years - hell it was this decade) the defense was ultimate at closing when the offense would put up 17-21 points..not this year..way to inexpeirenced in the secondary and we live in a passing league..sure we look good against the Jets (No pass offense) Miami (no pass offense) I could go on..it is what it is and can get better..we have the draft picks we just need to do the right things with them while Tom is at the helm..

Tought to watch but I have been a fan since Steve Grogan days so this have been a nice decade..regardless I was not happy with that performance tonight..we just dont have the personnel on Defense to win it all unless it changes real soon..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

& they never got a #3 Wideout this year - (and please don't tell me it's AIKEN - he is a spec team/backup WR only)....
    Posted by NOISE

That shouldnt even matter.

The problem is not who NE has at reciever.  Its the play calling.  Its the 2007mentality that is killing this team.

They do not spread the ball.  Everything goes to Welker.

NE fans have always wanted a No. 1 reciever for Brady and ever since they got one the tough NE team has disapeared.

Be careful what we ask for.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

This team relies too much on its offense.

Thats not the Patriot way. 

At least the SB winning Patriot way. 

Sections
Shortcuts