Pats are the 3rd Best team in the Division

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RiceintheHall. Show RiceintheHall's posts

Pats are the 3rd Best team in the Division

After watching the Fins-Jets game last night, I realized the Pats are the 3rd best  team in our division.  The Pats success in the early 00's was based on strong and physical defense, punishing running game, and play action pass.  We have none of those elements anymore.  Parcells is building another brilliant team in the Dolphins.  Jets are very good and will only get better now that Sanchez has a playmaking WR.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

Re: Pats are the 3rd Best team in the Division

In Response to Pats are the 3rd Best team in the Division:
    After watching the Fins-Jets game last night, I realized the Pats are the 3rd best  team in our division.  The Pats success in the early 00's was based on strong and physical defense, punishing running game, and play action pass.  We have none of those elements anymore.  Parcells is building another brilliant team in the Dolphins.  Jets are very good and will only get better now that Sanchez has a playmaking WR.   
    Posted by RiceintheHall
    ...if you are a Pats fan you will be lableled a PINO (Pats in Name Only) buy the homers here who can't see anything other past their blinding fanaticism towards their team. reasonable fans here (most) will debate you logically

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Seriously?.. Wow. 

Lets see the standings in week 17 when the Pats win the division.  Fins will be 3rd (unfortunately) due to their 0-3 start.  Jests will back their way into a 2nd place finish due to an extremely easy schedule. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Posted by RiceintheHall

You can project an entire season on the basis of five games?  Anything can happen between now and the end of the season.  Players get injured, defenses adjust, teams learn to play better (or worse).  It's way to early to say anything about this division. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtcat. Show vtcat's posts

Posted by RiceintheHall

Taking the season as it has unfolded SO FAR, I would have to agree. There is no indication, from the way the Pats have played, that they could score enough, against either the Jets or Fish, to win... or play tough enough defense to stop either. Things may change- it's a long season- but , right now, third is about right.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

This is kind of a no-brainer (although wildly premature).

A team the Pats have not played just beat a team that beat the Pats.

My algebra is a little rusty, but I think that means the Dolphins are better than Green New Jersey, which is better than New England . . .

all of which is utter nonsense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

And the sky is falling as well.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

That's funny, I just looked and the Pats are tied for 1st in the division. Can you forward that link?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

In Response to Re: Pats are the 3rd Best team in the Division:
    Seriously?.. Wow.  Lets see the standings in week 17 when the Pats win the division.  Fins will be 3rd (unfortunately) due to their 0-3 start.  Jests will back their way into a 2nd place finish due to an extremely easy schedule. 
    Posted by jasonh86
    ...tell me how the Jets schedule is so much easier than NE's?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

That's funny, I just looked and the Pats are tied for 1st in the division. Can you forward that link?
    Posted by Sam-Adams

The original poster might just be the missing link, but that's about the only link he can show you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Posted by RiceintheHall

That must be why they're tied for first. MORON

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston006. Show boston006's posts

What is going on with this years Offensive Line???  The Offensive Line seems Flat with NO Spark...  On paper our Patriots have a super Team with Super Coaches and a Super Owner with Super Fans.  I am just sick watching this Offensive Line move around the field and I know they are a better Team than Denver.  17 points are just sick and the Patriots should of had 30 or 40 points and they are just leaving to many points of the Field.  We got out played and out Coached again.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

In Response to Pats are the 3rd Best team in the Division : That must be why they're tied for first. MORON
    Posted by Evil2009
    ..not with the tie breaker

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Posted by RiceintheHall

I disagree. The Jets, with their Rah-rah coach don't look the part. Any 'flash in the pan' team (i.e.Jets, Broncos) can start well, but, how you finish is most important in the NFL. Jury is still out until DEC/JAN IMO. This division is open for taking. my pics are 
    1-NE
    2-MIA
    3-NYJ
    4-BUF
    1 & 2 right now are very close. and #3 has to show sustained success before I say different. 

Predictions for this year (and this is what I said before a game was played)-
    NE 10-6
    Miami9-7 
    NYJ 8-8
    Buffalo 4-12  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

In Response to Re: Pats are the 3rd Best team in the Division : The original poster might just be the missing link, but that's about the only link he can show you.
    Posted by carawaydj

Caraway... evolution save us if the original poster is the missing link, but he might be the last living Neanderthal....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Pats are the 3rd Best team in the Division : I disagree. The Jets, with their Rah-rah coach don't look the part. Any 'flash in the pan' team (i.e.Jets, Broncos) can start well, but, how you finish is most important in the NFL. Jury is still out until DEC/JAN IMO. This division is open for taking. my pics are  1-NE 2-MIA 3-NYJ 4-BUF 1 & 2 right now are very close. and #3 has to show sustained success before I say different.  Predictions for this year (and this is what I said before a game was played)- NE 10-6 Miami9-7  NYJ 8-8 Buffalo 4-12  
    Posted by jbolted

OMG! Bolt and I almost agree!

While I like what Ryan is doing and think it is great for the Jets, I think it will be hard to maintain that adrenaline throughout the season to actually win the division. As well, the tapes on Sanchez are out now. He is good, but he has weaknesses that can be exploited. I see Miami as potentially overcoming their early season issues and making a run for #2 with the Jets at 3.

And, while I think the Chargers have a lot of talent, the jury is definitely out on them for a few games. They should be at 3-1 at this point. I still see their biggest issue as overcoming management, and I am wondering how far that has trickled down at this point. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Re: Pats are the 3rd Best team in the Division : OMG! Bolt and I almost agree! While I like what Ryan is doing and think it is great for the Jets, I think it will be hard to maintain that adrenaline throughout the season to actually win the division. As well, the tapes on Sanchez are out now. He is good, but he has weaknesses that can be exploited. I see Miami as potentially overcoming their early season issues and making a run for #2 with the Jets at 3. And, while I think the Chargers have a lot of talent, the jury is definitely out on them for a few games. They should be at 3-1 at this point. I still see their biggest issue as overcoming management, and I am wondering how far that has trickled down at this point. 
    Posted by EnochRoot

Monday is a must win for SD, to be sure. Though need at the very least a split the Broncos this season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

And Miami now gets begrudging respect.  Interesting how things change.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

And Miami now gets begrudging respect.  Interesting how things change.
    Posted by underdogg

And you get none, because you're a tool.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Pats are the 3rd Best team in the Division : Monday is a must win for SD, to be sure. Though need at the very least a split the Broncos this season.
    Posted by jbolted

True. The Broncos have also built a nice lead though far from insurmountable - except for KC and Oakland.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hey, how about this...

Riceinthehall has only NINE posts and only started posting in 9/2009.  Where has this "Pats fan" been this year, last year etc..   we've got a lot of regulars here with a track history.. we are seeing so many posters who get in here only in the last few weeks.  Where have they been?  Goes to the belief that many may be the work of one person taking on many personas to self fulfill a posting and subsequent answers.  I've always taken the posts of someone here for the first time, acting like they know it all, with a grain of salt.  Then they disappear for months, if not years.  Hence, the thought the same person with numerous names who appears ot of nowhere!

Sections
Shortcuts