Pats are very lucky this was not the Super Bowl vs 49ers !!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Re: Pats are very lucky this was not the Super Bowl vs 49ers !!!

In response to glenr's comment:

Consider that the Super Bowl will not be played in a cold rain

Amen to that, Brother!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Yeah, the Pats lost this one, but how many other teams out there, if any, would show the b*lls  to come back from 28 points like they did? They came out flat and came back w/ a vengeance. 

If these two meet in the SB, I suspect the outcome will be quite different.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Did not research the stats of which teams had the best record and the bye week who went on to win the SB in the last few years. I know the 49ers had it last year and only on an incredibly lucky play in last minute did they beat New Orleans and then 9-7 Giants come in and beat them. Hate to bring up old wounds but I would hope the Pats would rather play the Giants in the SB than the 49ers to avenge 2 gut wrenching losses in their last 2 SB meetings. So, I believe in momentum and a week off is only beneficial to rest a hurt player(s), I think, so Pats, perhaps, being a wild card team is not the worst thing.

Brady's performance was incredible and he has received due praise. However, keep in mind that the Pats' defense provided 4 stops of 3 and out without 49ers making a 1st down. Just 1-2 first downs and 3-4 minutes off the clock might have resulted in 1-2 less TDs. So, Pats' defense needs earn some praise too. Unfortunately, with score tied they needed do it again but luck ran out !!! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

Kick-off return killed us, simple. Momentum was going with the Pats, last thing we needed was that return.

Absolutely correct. We win otherwise. The 49NR offense was dead in the water

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

Kick-off return killed us, simple. Momentum was going with the Pats, last thing we needed was that return.

Absolutely correct. We win otherwise. The 49NR offense was dead in the water

It was not just the kickoff return. Do a 3 and out and 49ers do not even get a field goal but even if they give up 1 or 2 first downs, Akers has been inconsistent but even making it, Pats are only down by 3. It was the next play pass to Crabtree that did them in and Pats should have  been playing for a pass because 49ers run game on previous 4 possessions was stopped. And SF was not looking to kill the clock with the score tied.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

With the Field Position you can be more agressive on Offense with that return. Again what surprised me is the Coaches who were almost right there, letting Arrington playing so far off on a blitz, in which we sent like 3 guys.

Consider NAIL hit on the head with this comment .

It wasn't the blitz that got us or Arringtons lack of ability ...

It was his incredibly poor positioning ( 10 yard cushion and initial back pedal )

If you're gonna dial up an All-Out Blitz ...

Gotta have the balls to allow your db's to make a play

Sections
Shortcuts