PATS beat themselves, Brady's costly pick, Congrats Giants

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

PATS beat themselves, Brady's costly pick, Congrats Giants

Well, let me first say congrats to the Giants. They are the luckiest team around. But hey sometimes luck is needed to win the SB. PATS fans know winning 3 SB by 3 points or less involves a little luck.

But here is why the G-men got lucky once again. First off all the fake injuries all game long to slow PATS down was getting annoying. If Welker catches ball, game almost over. If Brady does not get stupid and heave the pick down field to Gronk, game in control still. If Gronk is healthy, he picks up the tip and Pats kick extra point for the win.

Seriously, the Giants did win,  but mostly thanks to the Patriots. So congrats to the Giants. At least it wasn't the Jets.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: PATS beat themselves, Brady's costly pick, Congrats Giants

Those dropped passes reminiscent of the Packers game for the Giants.  They certainly get the breaks.  9 - 7 team best in the NFL!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

agree 100%, but the giants deserved to win because they didnt make the same dumb mistakes

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Giants beat the Pats, the Pats didn't beat themselves...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Welker's drop was the key moment.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

No Run game and no defense. No Championship!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

In Response to Re: PATS beat themselves, Brady's costly pick, Congrats Giants:
    [QUOTE]Welker's drop was the key moment.
    Posted by Brad34[/QUOTE]

Ball Game

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]agree 100%, but the giants deserved to win because they didnt make the same dumb mistakes
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

Very true. I am not taking anything away from the Giants, they deserved it. No turnovers that the PATS could not get any(2 fumbles).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

the safety was as costly. take away those two points and the d would not have had to let the giants get the last td. i believe the d was playing well enough to limit that drive to a fg. nyg would have settled for it and they would have done an onside kick. diferent story.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

The Pats made little mistakes all night long and in the end they added up to a giants victory.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]Giants beat the Pats, the Pats didn't beat themselves...
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

The Giants won and deserved it for they did not make any dumb mistakes. The Pats handed them a victory. Sorry, just how I see it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Giants beat the Pats, the Pats didn't beat themselves...

You are wrong.......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Manningham's catch WAS the key moment...lol...I'm a Pats fan and appreciate an entire ballgame. I also appreciate a Pats fan who sees the game through polarized glasses. Call it the way it is. Giants defensive line stepped it up in the second half. Eli was Eli...another fourth quarter winning drive.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATS beat themselves, Brady's costly pick, Congrats Giants : Ball Game
    Posted by Hog73[/QUOTE]

Brady's pick was right up there. Just throw it out of bounds TOM. I think it was only second down.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Yep...congrats to the Giants and their fans.  They talked the talk and walked the walk.  Honestly...the game came down to who threw the ball better, who caught the ball better, who blocked better, who rushed better, etc. 

The analysis we all did running around in circles meant absolutely nothing.  The better team won today...of that I have no doubt.  Eli passed the ball better, they caught it better.

Brady wasn't impressive...he was okay, but missed his opportunities.  Again, the offense let us down even though the defense gave up the go ahead touchdown.  It's a complimentary game...we did the inverse of play complimentary football.

Congrats again to the Giants...well played.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Welker's drop was the key moment.
    Posted by Brad34[/QUOTE]

Bingo! A perfectly placed ball to a guy that wants to cash in this off season and what does he do? Bill Buckner's it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Manningham's catch WAS the key moment...lol...I'm a Pats fan and appreciate an entire ballgame. I also appreciate a Pats fan who sees the game through polarized glasses. Call it the way it is. Giants defensive line stepped it up in the second half. Eli was Eli...another fourth quarter winning drive.

isn't an elite offense supposed to overcome a d that steps it up?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

welker will never live that drop down...its sad to see a guy who played so well ever since hes been here, cost the team a game like that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

There's not any sense engaging in irrational argument for the sake of being "RIGHT"...Giants ARE SB 46 Champs. Pats had a great year and lost in a memorable game.

Congrats to the Giants and former BC head coach Tom Coughlin!

Congrats also to the Pats for a great and memorable season too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]Manningham's catch WAS the key moment...lol...I'm a Pats fan and appreciate an entire ballgame. I also appreciate a Pats fan who sees the game through polarized glasses. Call it the way it is. Giants defensive line stepped it up in the second half. Eli was Eli...another fourth quarter winning drive.

I don't disagree with the Manningham catch. It was perfect. How did the Giants stop Welker from catching that ball again? A little luck is always needed to win a close SB. I think the Giants got the little luck is all. Great game. Tough loss. I won't lose any sleep over it. Great season but they fell short. Time to move on.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordlim. Show lordlim's posts

Wes..Wes...Wes....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

This one really hurts but conrats to G-Men once again!...that conservative play calling with five minutes left really killed the Pats. Giants came up big when they needed to...snake-bit again. Sorry folks...at least we still have the B's!                     

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]welker will never live that drop down...its sad to see a guy who played so well ever since hes been here, cost the team a game like that.
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

Funny but I see it totally differently.

The catch would have been a remarkable one at least. To say Wes Welker "cost the team a game" is ludicrous.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]the safety was as costly. take away those two points and the d would not have had to let the giants get the last td. i believe the d was playing well enough to limit that drive to a fg. nyg would have settled for it and they would have done an onside kick. diferent story.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

The safety was silly but the Pats defense did not even force the Giants into third down on that last drive. It took one play for the Giants to get it to mid field. The Giants were scoring that TD if they wanted it (I'm not sure if the Pats let them score on purpose or not since some Pats defenders seemed to try and make a tackle there). The Pats were at the 50 and 3 bad plays and it's over. A useless run up the gut which virtually never works with these guys, a dropped pass and a miscommunication/bad pass by Brady to Branch. After the punt the ball is halfway down the field after one play and they are in field goal range just a few plays later and then it's how much time will the Pats have left.