PATS beat themselves, Brady's costly pick, Congrats Giants

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

Re: PATS beat themselves, Brady's costly pick, Congrats Giants

In Response to Re: PATS beat themselves, Brady's costly pick, Congrats Giants:
    In Response to Re: PATS beat themselves, Brady's costly pick, Congrats Giants : Bingo! A perfectly placed ball to a guy that wants to cash in this off season and what does he do? Bill Buckner's it.
    Posted by mthurl

the ball was thrown under and behind him...  honsestly it would have been better if he had been sacked.  welkers drop hurt too, but the game isnt lost on 1 play

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: PATS beat themselves, Brady's costly pick, Congrats Giants : Funny but I see it totally differently. The catch would have been a remarkable one at least. To say Wes Welker "cost the team a game" is ludicrous.
    Posted by WesternOregon

Absolutely right. Welker's drop did not cost them the game. It was unfortunate and horrible timing, but the PATS just did not look sharp in the last 7minutes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Yeah the 9 points the referees handed to the Giants really sucked. Fraud . Patriots won.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Sorry, the post should have read DID PATS beat themselves, etc. Anyway, thanks for another great season Patriots and the fans. Sorry, one team had to lose, and it so happened to be the PATS again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Why oh why do people have to point fingers and assess blame?

It is a lot easier to let it go by walking away and congratulating the victors.

Vicarious losers - those who WATCHED their team lose - are such ignominious talkers. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

Why oh why do people have to point fingers and assess blame? It is a lot easier to let it go by walking away and congratulating the victors. Vicarious losers - those who WATCHED their team lose - are such ignominious talkers. 
    Posted by WesternOregon

Exactly...you can't win em' all. Why do we feel the need to blame someone for the loss? They played their hearts out and came up short...that's sports. Time to move on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: PATS beat themselves, Brady's costly pick, Congrats Giants :  The safety was silly but the Pats defense did not even force the Giants into third down on that last drive. ..
    Posted by ccnsd

wasn't that the drive when nink went offside on a third down deep in nyg territory.

plus, watch the game again. the d covered well. the giants receivers made incredible catches.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In Response to Re: PATS beat themselves, Brady's costly pick, Congrats Giants : Exactly...you can't win em' all. Why do we feel the need to blame someone for the loss? They played their hearts out and came up short...that's sports. Time to move on.
    Posted by mattman1447

Sheep be sheep.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Sometimes our passion clouds our vision as fans. Some fans take losses to heart. It will always be that way. Can't blame them. It was a hard fought game. Back and forth. I have to admit, I never got angry just sad I guess. Was hoping they could pull out a victory in memory of Bob Kraft's wife.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Sometimes our passion clouds our vision as fans. Some fans take losses to heart. It will always be that way. Can't blame them. It was a hard fought game. Back and forth. I have to admit, I never got angry just sad I guess. Was hoping they could pull out a victory in memory of Bob Kraft's wife.
    Posted by antiqueman1

My only hope was that the Patriots would get a fair chance. They didn't. 9 referee points. Fraud. Patriots won.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

In Response to Re: PATS beat themselves, Brady's costly pick, Congrats Giants :   My only hope was that the Patriots would get a fair chance. They didn't. 9 referee points. Fraud. Patriots won.
    Posted by vtfanofcs

Dude...get a life.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

In Response to Re: PATS beat themselves, Brady's costly pick, Congrats Giants :   My only hope was that the Patriots would get a fair chance. They didn't. 9 referee points. Fraud. Patriots won.
    Posted by vtfanofcs

lol...dude, for real? lol...whatever gets you through. Whatever gets you through...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In Response to Re: PATS beat themselves, Brady's costly pick, Congrats Giants : wasn't that the drive when nink went offside on a third down deep in nyg territory. plus, watch the game again. the d covered well. the giants receivers made incredible catches.
    Posted by seattlepat70

No the Nink offsides was after the interception. If he does not do that it's 3 and out and the interception is basically a punt. On the final drive when Eli and the Giants won it they did not face one third down. That drive started 2 plays after Welker's drop. They were scoring that touchdown if they wanted to. I do not know if the pats let them score it or not but it did not matter. The Giants had first and goal with under a minute.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

4 straight drops at the end of the 4th.

3 forced fumbles, Zero recoveries.

Lots of bad breaks all of which went the giants way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsppro1. Show jsppro1's posts

I think ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer hit it on the head.  Brady is having problems with the deep ball.  That could be because his recivers outside of welker, Hernadez suck.  Sorry folks but Branch and ocho should be done.  Let's not talk about lack of pass rush.  Anyway Pat nation, it was a good season.  One more lost in another Super bowl would be..................... . go Pats go.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

The Pats O-Line and defense played way better than anyone expected. How anyone doesn't put this loss on Brady, who turned Welker around and over threw him on the now infamous play in question and has now put up a whopping 17 points in back to back SBs is beyond me.  

The safety, the INT and the failure for the umpteenth time since the last SB to convert a game ending 3rd down is all him.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from caseycsw. Show caseycsw's posts

Pats are just mediocre...Let's face facts...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I think ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer hit it on the head.  Brady is having problems with the deep ball.  That could be because his recivers outside of welker, Hernadez suck.  Sorry folks but Branch and ocho should be done.  Let's not talk about lack of pass rush.  Anyway Pat nation, it was a good season.  One more lost in another Super bowl would be..................... . go Pats go.
    Posted by jsppro1

he's been underthrowing the deep ball. he's suppsoed to throw the lead. i don't think that is a receiver issue.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Don't blame Welker. He's a big reason we got to the Super Bowl in the first place. I'm not going to sugarcoat it and make the excuse that it was a tough catch. It was catchable and he should've made the grab.

But you know what, the offense as a whole didn't put up enough points to win. The defense as a whole didn't stop the Giants when it mattered most.

We win as a team, we lose as a team.

Sections
Shortcuts