Pats best choice!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_2948844. Show user_2948844's posts

Pats best choice!!

Do you really want to enter another season without a promiseing young "very talented" conner!!!!  There is a player with some personnel issues, the Pats should select..  This is the new "Patriots way"  take a player that others might shy from and mold him to our way. "Moss,Merryweather...ECT.
     Think back ....every pass attempt made on us  ..you kinda close your eyes due to lack of a shut down conner. Ty Law came in and quickly became one ...
    I want that feeling back that you anticapted a pick not waiting for an easy "super Bowl " reception (38 SECONDS FROM PERFECTION!!!!)you knew would come....
     please New England TAKE A CONNER !!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Re: Pats best choice!!

We definitely need to improve on the Defensive side of the ball.  That includes D-Line, LB and DB’s.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE] Your concern has been addressed. The Pats picked up two CBs to add to the two drafted last season. CBs no matter how great they are will not be capable of covering if there is no line push to disrupt the timing between QB and receivers. The pats need a pass rushing DE to replace Crable and a ILB to replace Bruski Who is at the end of his playing time. What about the offense? There is need for a Center, R & l tackles and guards. Lots of potential new players.
    Posted by sonieboy[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Please learn how to spell "conner" is spelled corner.  Grammar is sloppy as well. Sorry to be a grammar freak.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

"Please learn how to spell "conner" is spelled corner."

Try: Please learn how to spell "conner." It's spelled corner.

Sorry to be a grammar freak.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Whoops, didn't catch that one. Both work but your way is much better. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

titletown arodrambone is spelling Conner Barwin! Not Corner Bar wins!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I thought it was spelled co-ahnneh. This is a Boston message board, after all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nastee. Show nastee's posts

The Pats should select Darius Butler.  If he is available.  He will be a stud.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

It's likely to be spelled CONNOR - as in Connor Barwin.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

Do you really want to enter another season without a promiseing young "very talented" conner!!!!  There is a player with some personnel issues, the Pats should select..  This is the new "Patriots way"  take a player that others might shy from and mold him to our way. "Moss,Merryweather...ECT.  Think back ....every pass attempt made on us  ..you kinda close your eyes due to lack of a shut down conner. Ty Law came in and quickly became one ... I want that feeling back that you anticapted a pick not waiting for an easy "super Bowl " reception (38 SECONDS FROM PERFECTION!!!!)you knew would come....  please New England TAKE A CONNER !!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by patsfan-attic

IMO, more than half the problem is the inability to generate a consistent pass rush.  They've addressed corner in free agency. You can't expect your DB's to cover forever.  Get an edge rusher or two, especially now that Vrable is gone.  Talented OLB/DE draft pick & hopefully pick up  Jason Taylor.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from emilycuba33. Show emilycuba33's posts

[QUOTE]IMO, more than half the problem is the inability to generate a consistent pass rush.  They've addressed corner in free agency. You can't expect your DB's to cover forever.  Get an edge rusher or two, especially now that Vrable is gone.  Talented OLB/DE draft pick & hopefully pick up  Jason Taylor.
    Posted by Norger[/QUOTE]

Right on Norger, it doesn't matter who we have back there, if the qb has all day to throw, a receiver will get open.  We need a pass rusher!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jiminycricket. Show jiminycricket's posts

i think we need both. that D couldn't stop Seneca Wallace last year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]Right on Norger, it doesn't matter who we have back there, if the qb has all day to throw, a receiver will get open.  We need a pass rusher!!!
    Posted by emilycuba33[/QUOTE]
    You can have Ty Law (at his prime) on one side and Asante on the other and if the QB can sit back drink some G read the paper then decide where he's going to throw because we can't get to him the secondary will be bad this year too.

A good corner/conner/co nahh, will be available in the 2nd round and even the third.  I like Lewis in mid to late 2nd round, we need a physical guy on the line.  Smack some receivers around, would be able to learn from one of the best in the business at this (offcourse, Springs).
    Keenan Lewis - Oregon State (HT: 6'1" | WT: 195)
    Projection: 2nd Round

Strengths:
    -plenty of experience, has started since his freshman season
    -dependable
    -physical in your face type of cornerback, is not afraid to hit
    -good size, has the perfect frame to develop
    -long arms and good bulk
    -can close and recover well
    -100% effort on everyday, good character, leadership skills

Weaknesses:
    -technique work can use a little polish
    -needs hip movement work

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Good hip movement is a big deal in the Pats system so the fact that your guy needs work in that area isa red flag but if he is truely as good as you say then lets hope we draft him. I think sometimes people get a little to hung up on one area, yes at the beginning of the offseason our number one need was a CB but after we signed Bodden and Springs that changed things and i think some of you are still stuck in that time frame. CB is no longer our number 1 need. we have two young CBs in Wheatley and Wilhite and if you count Mike Richardson thats 3 young CBs. And in fron of those 3 young guys we have Hobbs, Bodden and Springs so all though i agree we could still use one more solid young CB on teh team we do not need to pick CB early in the draft. I would much rather see us draft a top flight LT to replace Matt Light then draft a CB. And after that I would love to see us get a OLB or a DE to be a future pass rusher. Also I would really like to draft Brian Robiski the WR out of Ohio State, i dont care if we have to draft him early to get him like in round 2 I think he is the by far and way the best WR in the draft and his knowledge and work ethic alone will make him a perfect fit in NE.

Sections
Shortcuts