Pats better get on the waiver wire for some WR's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Re: Pats better get on the waiver wire for some WR's

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

Looking a little deeper at the stats, the top three receivers (Amendola, Edelman, Vereen) were target 33 times and had 24 catches for 241 yards and 2 TDs. The rest of the WR, TE and RBs were targeted 19 times and came up with 5 catches for 47 yards. 

If Gronk comes back fullstrengh eventually, I think that Gronk, Amendola, Edelman, Vereen and Ridley (assuming he holds on the ball and gets his job back) are more than enough weapons for a top NFL offense.

I'll buy that for a dollar.  I also think that Midway through the season 1 of the 3 rookie WR's will have stepped up and gelled with Brady enough to throw his hat in with the above mentioned.  Not sure on Ridley though, I think Blount will see more short yardage stuff and Vereen will see his carry numbers go up.  BB is notorious for leaving people in the dog house for a long long time if he can't trust them to hold onto the ball. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to getdrunkstupit's comment:

Thompkins has chad johnsons routes.  kind of hard to catch on sideline all game.  but he made some mistakes.  he will bounce back.  i think they need to change his routes up. 

I agree, but I think there is a reason he is outside so much running those type of routes...he's not big and strong enough to fight for a ball and perhaps take a big inside hit. I think this guy needs a year in the off season conditioning program to add a little muscle. I still think he is going to help this year - and today he would of if he had just got that foot in, had that pass interference call called and came back for the ball in the endzone...those are correctable...and I think he will.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

I wonder if KT received coaching & training this summer that reflected what he would experience in the NFL?  If so, maybe he can't absorb coaching/training?  Maybe that's part of the reason he was undrafted?