Pats better have a good plan..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

Re: Pats better have a good plan..

In Response to Re: Pats better have a good plan..:
    In Response to Re: Pats better have a good plan.. : So how does that work for the RedSkins every year that they "Go For it"?
    Posted by m1021us

Same way it works for the raiders

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Plan? Why would the Pats have a plan? You don't finish with the best record in your division for nine straight years while winning three superbowls by having a plan. You fly by the seat of your pants son. That's the way it is done.
     BB is at home right now watching Sponge Bob, drinking beer, laughing at other teams coaches who are working day and night, and scratching wherever it itches. The day before the draft he will head on down to the local drug store, pick up a copy of the Sporting News Draft Guide, and head for NY. He will read it on the train, in the half hearted way that he does everything else, and hope that he gets lucky with a few of the recommended "sleepers".
     What the heck? It's worked this long.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

PATs are going to trade next years pick and a second rounder for marshall and its going to be ok and everyones gonna be like ohhh way to go bb

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

In Response to Re: Pats better have a good plan.. : OK so you bolded that alge crumpler isnt on the decline? first off the guy looks like a lineman - http://prod.static.titans.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/APImage/2010/01-January/dad834baffcb419e8877d80a8489790b--nfl_large_580_Unlimited.jpg Compare him to 76... and if you think hes going to turn maroney into CJ? you are dead wrong, is he an improvemnt over cb and watson yes for blocking only.   HES HE ON THE DECLINE YES, his stats, 222 and 257 440 recieving last three years why? cus he weighs in at 300 lbs!!! Brady has who to throw to? MOSS whos going to get doubled over and over with eldelman and tate opposite? with crumpler breaking off? give me a break get realistic for a second, with teams knowing we pass because our Running is horrible no one iss going to bite on the PA, we are going to get hammered.  You then BOLDED OUt that we couldnt of signed boldin? or HOLMES for cheap? first off BOLDIN WAS traded for a 3rd and a fifth if i recall and then SIGNED FOR LESS THEN WAHT NATE WASHINGTON Is getting! SECOND HOLMES Was just picked up for a fifth rounder.  HOW IS THAT NOT CHEAP.. pretty much was rape on the part of jets and ravens. THEN YOU BOLD MOSS is NOT PISSEd? BS, im sorry but i guarentee you he is pissed, I KNOW FOR SURE HE is probably like listen i came here to win a championship regardless i took a pay cut came here to win a SB, NOW WE DONT HAVE THE TALENT, already said they were cheap, least bring in some help get this done, im gettin old pay me i proved myself i helped you out now help me out, on both ends, tom wes and I can only do so much. and you are a complete moron if you do not think maroney has a fumbling problem.... right there you obviously have no clue football 101, go to barnes and nobles find the tallest bookcase pick up what every true Patriots fan has its called MOVING THE CHAINS TOM BRADY and tHE PURSUIT OF EVERYTHING read it... and then just JUMP head first for being a moron and hope u dont survive to embarrass yourself another day.
    Posted by clarkeyj1

1.  Crumpler is on the decline, but who cares because clearly we use tight ends to block, soooo he fits pretty well IMO.
    2.  I like the JETS pickups...  It fits THEIR team very well.  Our team had chemistry issues last year, so I am happy we didn't add another potential time bomb to the lineup.  If it was a different season maybe I'd endorse a (probably not the multiple they have taken) risk like that, but keeping our core players was a plus for me.
    3.  My personal favorite was your "opinion" on Moss...  Quote - "I KNOW FOR SURE HE is probably like"  WOW, very impressive non-statement of anything right there.
    4.  I dislike Maroney, so not much to defend him.  However, I have a sneeking suspision that might get taken care of before the season starts...
    5.  If we're talking books, try reading Patriot Reign, and tell me you think BB and crew have done NOTHING so far...  Our feeble minds can't even grasp the concepts BB is brewing up right now.  There's a reason for "In Bill We Trust."
    5.  The JETS got a gift their last two games, got into the playoffs last year and beat one team... WOW!  Now they're the team to beat?  Give me a break! They made some flashy moves that have filled some holes, and they could be great, but realistically they'll always be the Jets, clawing at our leftovers in the AFC East.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Yet another assumption smorgan86?  Every year is different.  At least wait until after the draft before going nuts.
    Posted by garytx

I have to respectfully disagree with this advice. Please do not wait. Go nuts now.

It's much more entertaining for us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Payment84, good stuff. You should post more often.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

In Response to Re: Pats better have a good plan.. : That is just part of the plan.....there is how much more time in free agency left?  Many teams will be dropping players and there is plenty of time to make trades. You would think that these pink hat babies who keep crying that we are not doing anything would wait until atleast AFTER the draft.
    Posted by m1021us

Exactamundo.  Still the draft, trades and other roster cuts looming.  The Pats aren't done with personnel moves yet. 

While I think the moves the Jets made may be worth the risk, they have maybe 4 picks in the upcoming draft and are limited with FA signings, so they need to get players where they can.  They're getting talented headcases, let's face it, so those moves could be good or bad.  That's three talented headcases (Holmes, Cromartie and Edwards) added over the last year, and those players wouldn't be available if there wasn't baggage.  Plus one more guy (LT) who still thinks he's a lead back.  Good luck Jets in emulating the Oakland Raiders.      

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I like the plan BB has so far this year, I'm sure he'll surprise us again sometime this year, 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL:

Lmao...First off, Prairie's got the hot hand tonight, so pass him da rock if at all possible.

NOW, RE: New England's Offseason Acquisitions (or lack thereof)...
         Look, How many times do I really have o express this reality check towards some- The New England Patriots are in Rebuilding Mode people.  Ya see first, this'll be rather painful to some of those "die-hard" Pats Fans who have followed them since all the way back to 2001.  Second, With a Bill Belichick coached team, WHEN that team's rebuilding for, say 3 years (last year, this year & following), THAT team somehow, and someway, Still remains at least somewhat forceful within this league...so buck up, as you tag-a-longs have only 2 more years of complaining through a couple depressing & awful 10-6, conference winning or wild card berth seasons.  
         Get this people: That there are times when franchises NEED to rebuild...I mean, WHY a team cannnot win for 30 straight seasons, with salary caps (except 1 year), age of players, changing personell, changing league rules, injuries to players, & free agency...MAN, it's beyond my comprehension as to why NE can't hoist the lombardi for bare minimum 2 and 1/2 staright decades, just cr#zy.  

ALSO understand ALL, Where a franchise is with their personell, determines the moves they make (yea, another novel thought to some).  NE has 4-5 starting lineman OVER 30 years old, Zero starting OLBs, A stable of geezers @ RB coupled w/ crummy Maroney, an aging #1 WR along with NO worthwhile #2 possession WR, they have 1 3-4 DE who can even be considered 3-4 DE starting-material, and NE just signed 1 TE...which makes a total of: 1 TE.  Q: WHAT am I gettin' at?  A: There's too many holes too fill.  WHY waste much needed draft picks, by trading them for veteran Free Agents, when this team's massive needs are too large to fill? 
         It's NOT as if Bill Belichick and NE has NEVER been Free Agent power-players...It's that, AT THIS Moment, It Doesn't Make Sense:  In 2007, when New England had far fewer holes that needed filling and STILL had a bigger core of guys who were STILL younger then in 2007 then they are currently in 2010, The Patriots DID spend big in Free Agency:  Jumping on Adalius, trading for Moss & Welker, Signing another TE, signing Sammy Morris, then paying to franchise Asante for another year.  These Deals & Trades for vets made far more sense when NE had fewer holes, younger Vet guys who weren't 3 MORE years removed from Superbowl Wins than they are right now...  Q: SO, What did Belichick do?  A: In 2007, He tried to fill some gaps in order to attempt to push through yet 1 MORE Superbowl Win...and NE came a second away...close, but not enough. 
         For NY, on the otherhand-THAT Franchise sees (correctly), That their time to hopefully win it all, IS Now...NY probably has enough pieces to make a 2-3 year run at the championship (painful to admit, but ya cannot live with your eyes closed).  Q: So what's NY doing?  A: Giving themselves the very best chance to maximuze this 2-3 year window, BY signing critical Vet pieces...rather than Rookies who'll need to be developed during this small window of time. 

AND Jesus, What's wrong with some of you people?  Due to the fact that there was NO CBA this year (no team cap), Franchises were somehow allowed to "tag" 90% of their Veterans who would have been Unrestricted Free Agents anyways.  What started looking as a good FA year, turned out awful because For a Team wanting another team's Vet, That second team NOW has to give up 1 or even 2, High Draft Picks...  So yea, Good idea, When there's far too many holes to fill AND when it didn't work when our Vets were younger in '07...VERY Good idea to waste massive numbers of high draft picks in the best NFL Draft for 15 or so years...yup, good advice.

~That's it, Dish the ball back to Prairie...maybe he can knock some of you down a few more evolutionary notches.  Maybe send ya crawlin' back to the sea to help the rest of us...

"A guy drilling holes in the bottom of his boat is "busy" too."

And Mike, I'm usin' this line at work when my Boss asks "IF I could look more busy,"...

Then He could say back, "What're you tellin' me...That you're gonna start drilling holes in your desk?"
    Then I would say, "You DO know me, right?" 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Obviously the best way to build a team is to dump all the players they drafted the last couple of years for players who were in the ProBowl in 2006.  Everyone knows the Saints, Colts, Steelers and Patriots only won Super Bowls after attacking the free agent market.  It's not possible for young players to improve with a couple of years experience.  The Pats weren't Pro Bowlers last year, so they won't be next year.  Is Sean Alexander still available, he's a league MVP!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

First off ,  Bloodmoon , who the f#ck are you to decide whos a "real fan" and who isnt? The jets are making great moves for their team , all the guys they brought in look like their going to fit in perfect there. Holmes was a steal , A.C. isnt a number one CB and now he doesnt have to be. Hes on a team w/ a true number one , a real pass rush , and like Revis he'll benifit from playing on a team that plays together and plays great team D. Like the PATS the jets want to use their S's interchangeably , so getting rid of Rhodes makes sense. Granted getting rid of Jones and paying LT the same $ makes absolutely no sense , but unlike many I think LT has another decent year or two left. And playing behind a top 3-5 o-line can/will only help. Sanchez is the real deal , has all the tools to become a great QB one day , having a year under his belt and again playing behind one of the best lines will only help him. Not to mention he has a legitimate rec corp to throw to in Edwards/Holmes/J.C. and Keller. You should become a jets fan because just like them you sound like a moron.
     Listen I dont expect the PATS to become the 'Skins , chase/throw $ at every player walking , but there are moves to be made. I think most of you havent been paying attention , in terms of the PATS drafting the last couple years. IMHO they really blew it on many players the last 5-6 years. Seriously whats the point of stocking up all these picks if your not going to use them or just plain miss on guys. I love BB as much , maybe more than the next guy , but this team hasnt been killin it when it comes to the draft. Looks like we hit on SeaBass , Edelman , Tate , Pryor , 'Berger looks like he can be a player , so does Richards , good job on all of them. Obviously this team has many holes to fill , two of them being I/OLB , and what positions could we have filled last year..I/OLB! Instead of Butler/Chung/Brace , we could have had Matthews and/or Maualuga/Laurinaitis. All three were potential ROY , especially Matthews and Maualuga if he wasnt hurt. And Laurinaitis did a great job for the Rams last year , he won the starting job at the begining of the season and led the team in tackles. I still dont know who Id rather have , Laurinaitis/Maualuga , but what a good problem to have and what a steal both would have been in the second round. IMHO we really blew it by not grabbing two of the three. I mean Butler looked like Meriweather playing at CB , Brace was tossed around and looked confused all year. Its completely unacceptable to get tossed around like that and being that size he has no excuse not being a monster in the weight room. Becoming a beast in the weight room is one of the easiest things to do as an NFL player. Getting strong is the easy part in sports and he looked out of shape , again unacceptable. I like Chung , but cant understand why he didnt get more play when we clearly had issues at the S position. Neither Meri or McGowan are irreplaceable and I think Chung could have made somewhat of an impact.
     One other point I want to make is about this off season , there seems to be a couple schools of thought. Some defend the PATS no matter what they do , everyone knows their azzholes and are dumbazz'. Others like me who have been  hardcore fans for the last twenty years think the PATS need to be a little more active this off season. Not just to keep up w/ the jest , but the rest of the league as well. Indy will be there in the end , the Ravens look like a monster , SD is always a threat and who knows after 10 " this is our year " , this really could be their year , Im born/raised  Boston so I know all about " this is our year ". Then you have teams like the  Steelers , Titans , Texans , Bengals and Broncos , all have the personnel/coaching staff and backing of the front office to be contenders and take the next step. Listen I never expected the PATS to make a serious offer to Peppers , Dansby's not even a top 5 ILB and barely makes the top ten list so theres no reason to pay him top 5 money. Ok I get not going after them , but what about Jones or Taylor. Jones clearly has 2-3 more years left of very good play , its not like the clock hits midnight , he turns 32 and he sux. Hes been consistant and a top 5 RB the last 5 years and his style is just what the PATS need in their backfield. I mean your talking about 2800/30 TD's the last two years. Chester Taylor is a great 3rd down back , a more than capable RB who has already shown he can handle the load and was Favres favorite target last year on 3rd down. Both signed for 2/3 years and low money , Jones 2y/5mil and Taylor 3y/12mil. I also would have loved to see them go after Rolle , it would have been a bidding war w/ NYG , but your ALWAYS going to over pay for good players and IMHO the S position is the 3rd most important on the D side of the ball. This league has become a pass first league and a very good/great S can make a huge difference. Thats one of the reasons Ive been screaming about moving up and grabbing a stud like Thomas or Berry. I really think theres a good chance Berry will make it to the ten spot and everyone knows Jacksonville cant afford that pick. We need a couple studs on this team a guy like Berry , Thomas or even Haden , McClain will have huge impacts on whatever team the end up playing for.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Right now I'm just hoping they have a plan.  Right now they look clueless!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/20100414patriots_get_so_picky_for_draft_bill_belichick_can_beef_up_teams_needs_quickly/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Pats better have a good plan.. : You're blind to the fact that the Patriots have done NOTHING this offseason to improve the team. Resigning what we already had is not improvement by the way. What will you say when the Patriots pull their usual draft day vanishing act out of the first round when they have picks and players to use as leverage to get what they need? Oh, right, the argument will be "it's not a deep draft". Better off in the later rounds. I'm not looking for big name FA;s here at all. My original point was that if your going to be SILENT until the draft then wouldn't you think they would be active during the draft?? Trading out to stockpile more picks isn't going to cut it!
    Posted by smorgan86

Um, his post was total sarcasm.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

ITS OVER, WE STINK...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Pats better have a good plan.. : OK so you bolded that alge crumpler isnt on the decline? first off the guy looks like a lineman - http://prod.static.titans.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/APImage/2010/01-January/dad834baffcb419e8877d80a8489790b--nfl_large_580_Unlimited.jpg Compare him to 76... and if you think hes going to turn maroney into CJ? you are dead wrong, is he an improvemnt over cb and watson yes for blocking only.   HES HE ON THE DECLINE YES, his stats, 222 and 257 440 recieving last three years why? cus he weighs in at 300 lbs!!! Brady has who to throw to? MOSS whos going to get doubled over and over with eldelman and tate opposite? with crumpler breaking off? give me a break get realistic for a second, with teams knowing we pass because our Running is horrible no one iss going to bite on the PA, we are going to get hammered.  You then BOLDED OUt that we couldnt of signed boldin? or HOLMES for cheap? first off BOLDIN WAS traded for a 3rd and a fifth if i recall and then SIGNED FOR LESS THEN WAHT NATE WASHINGTON Is getting! SECOND HOLMES Was just picked up for a fifth rounder.  HOW IS THAT NOT CHEAP.. pretty much was rape on the part of jets and ravens. THEN YOU BOLD MOSS is NOT PISSEd? BS, im sorry but i guarentee you he is pissed, I KNOW FOR SURE HE is probably like listen i came here to win a championship regardless i took a pay cut came here to win a SB, NOW WE DONT HAVE THE TALENT, already said they were cheap, least bring in some help get this done, im gettin old pay me i proved tom wes and I can only do so much. and myself i helped you out now help me out, on both ends, you are a complete moron if you do not think maroney has a fumbling problem.... right there you obviously have no clue football 101, go to barnes and nobles find the tallest bookcase pick up what every true Patriots fan has its called MOVING THE CHAINS TOM BRADY and tHE PURSUIT OF EVERYTHING read it... and then just JUMP head first for being a moron and hope u dont survive to embarrass yourself another day.
    Posted by clarkeyj1

What is your evidenceof Alge being in decline? 
    He is a huge improvement in the running game and can catch better than any of the TE's we had on here last year.

Who was his QB in the last 3 years?  You do realize that he was in a Run first offense in those same 3 years?  Did he have a Moss type WR on his team?  How near sighted are you to ASSume that he is on decline based on his stats and not looking at the whole picture?

I love how people like you over react on what the Pats have not done....it kills me.  You think that the Pats are going to go into the season with Moss, Edleman and Tate as the starting WR's?  LOL!

So an the Pats had the 12th best offense with some of it's best RB's hurt on a Pass heavy Offense....and they won't fool anyone?  Wow!  If that is a horrible Run offense, then the teams ranked lower than 12 are pond scum.

We couldn't get Boldin for cheap.  If there is a cap next year we still have to sign Brady and possibly Moss.....then you want to over pay for Boldin? 

Moss took a paycut?  yeah for 1 year.....then he signed as the highest paid WR after that......

Maroney has 5 fumbles in 582 career attempts.....He doesn't have a fumbling problem.....

I just took you to school.....but you still need that Football 101 class.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10fern. Show mar10fern's posts

As of right now, Sports Book.com has the Pats rated only behind Indy in their odds to win the AFC championship...Those crazy guys in Vegas, They are such FOOLS!  Don't they know the Pats are rebuilding, The Jets have made some BRILLIANT off season moves,  The 'Fins have Brandon Marshall?

If you're all so sure about the Jets and 'Fins (LAZ), why don't you make yourself some $ and bet on them and against the Pats?  Put your money where your mouth is boys!

I doubt any of you EXPERTS is going to have the sack to put any of your hard earned $ down on Gang Green!

Sections
Shortcuts