Pats biggest draft busts of the decade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tnpatfan. Show tnpatfan's posts

Pats biggest draft busts of the decade

Who were the biggest draft busts of the decade for the Pats

Goodell stealing our #1 argubly the start of the decline of the dynasty.

Bethal Johnson  a speedster the pats never could replace.

Chad Jackson  could have been a solid #2 or#3 receiver.

Best 5 draft picks of the decade

Brady
      Wilfork
      Seymour
        Grahm and 
       Branch

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Re: Pats biggest draft busts of the decade

I'd have to add Wheatley, Maroney, Watson, and Hill (may he rest in peace).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Adrian Klemm

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~THIS was the year of years (Didn't we win the SB for the previous season...maybe BB's scouts were still drunk)... Anyway, all things considering, the 2006 NFL Draft was pretty rich talent wise, compared to several years prior or since (just take a look at the 4th round alone to realize IF N.E. threw a dart at a list of available draftees, we'd have done considerably better).  But our Pats had only Ten Picks in total to work with...we got a really good kicker.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/breakdowns/by_round/1.html

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Meh. 

Goodell took away a #32 pick, practically a second rounder like Darius Butler at #34.  BB also had the #7 pick in that draft, which became Mayo (golden) and Shawn Crable (moderate bust).  The two bust players listed were both second rounders, and Bethel Johnson and Chad Jackson at least got on the field for awhile. 

The Pats had nothing on the scale of a Vernon Gholston.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Remember Partick Pass?  I will never forget him tossing the ball up so he could grab his pulled hamstring.  Eight seasons, three TDs, 526 yards rushing, 570 yards passing, 4 fumbles, but again, that last one fumble was more like an illegal forward pass to an invisible man. Not sure where he drafted.  How he hung around so long is beyond me.  Must haved been a great practice player or had compromising photos of the management.  However, he did have a better career than I.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Oh boy.  Kevin O'Connell, a THIRD ROUND PICK cut only a year after being drafted...

Basically everyone from rounds 1-4 who isn't on the team anymore:
    Chad Jackson.  David Thomas.  Garrett Mills.  Gus Scott.  Dexter Reid.  Cedric Cobbs.  Rohan Davey.  Brock Williams.  Kenyatta Jones.  Jabari Holloway.  Adrian Klemm.  Gregg Robinson-Randall

I would say that Maroney's, Crable's, and h-Weatley's careers aren't doing too well thus far, either (although I thought h-Weatley looked good in the quarter-and-a-half he played against Indianapolis initially before breaking his wrist)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

What's the point of this thread?

Every NFL team has both busts and winners. Why dwell on our mistakes?

Sections
Shortcuts