PATS + BILLS + TEBOW = 1st ROUND TRADE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

PATS + BILLS + TEBOW = 1st ROUND TRADE?

The Bills are reportedly very interested in rebounding their franchise's fortune by rolling the dice on Tim Tebow . The problem is they know that spending the 9th overall pick on a guy with such a huge question mark hanging over his head is rediculous so ...

THEY NEED A TRADING PARTNER TO MOVE DOWN TO A SPOT THAT IS NOT TOO HIGH / NOT TOO LOW.

That's where the Pats come in .

Though trades involving Qbs between Divisional foes are rare , theses two teams do have a history of gettin' 'em done ( Bledsoe ) .

It would be a long shot , but I could see this one going one of two ways :

1) Bills use their #9 selection on another player and then wait and see if Jax or ? make a move to pick him before Pats #22 pick comes around then :
     They trade their 2nd rounder ( #41 ...9th pick in 2nd Rnd ) along with their 3rd (#72 ) and 4th ( #104 ) for Pats #22 and 7th Rnder
    or
    2) Bills trade their 2nd rounder (#41) and 2011 1st rounder for Pats #22 , 5th and 7th Rnders
    ( I could see where BB might be willing to add another potential Top 10 pick in '11 w/o having to give up one of those "sweet spot " 2010 2nd rounders )

At any rate , the key to taking advantage of the TEBOW factor is going to be multiple teams having interest in him .

Right now it looks like BILLS  /  JAGS are his likely landing spots
    ( Jags currently pick right behind Bills at #10 and could also be in the mix for potential trade with Pats ~ though far less likely as the Pats already own their 2nd rounder so any deal with them would most likely have to include their 1st rounder and I doubt BB covets a player enough to move up that far and pay the big buck$ )

CONSIDERING BB's HISTORY & ALL THE AMMO THE PATS HAVE :

THIS DRAFT HAS THE POTENTIAL TO RESEMBLE A FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

Re: PATS + BILLS + TEBOW = 1st ROUND TRADE?

In Response to PATS + BILLS + TEBOW = 1st ROUND TRADE?:
      The Bills are reportedly very interested in rebounding their franchise's fortune by rolling the dice on Tim Tebow . The problem is they know that spending the 9th overall pick on a guy with such a huge question mark hanging over his head is rediculous so ... THEY NEED A TRADING PARTNER TO MOVE DOWN TO A SPOT THAT IS NOT TOO HIGH / NOT TOO LOW. That's where the Pats come in .   Though trades involving Qbs between Divisional foes are rare , theses two teams do have a history of gettin' 'em done ( Bledsoe ) .   It would be a long shot , but I could see this one going one of two ways : 1) Bills use their #9 selection on another player and then wait and see if Jax or ? make a move to pick him before Pats #22 pick comes around then :  They trade their 2nd rounder ( #41 ...9th pick in 2nd Rnd ) along with their 3rd (#72 ) and 4th ( #104 ) for Pats #22 and 7th Rnder or 2) Bills trade their 2nd rounder (#41) and 2011 1st rounder for Pats #22 , 5th and 7th Rnders ( I could see where BB might be willing to add another potential Top 10 pick in '11 w/o having to give up one of those "sweet spot " 2010 2nd rounders )  At any rate , the key to taking advantage of the TEBOW factor is going to be multiple teams having interest in him .  Right now it looks like BILLS  /  JAGS are his likely landing spots ( Jags currently pick right behind Bills at #10 and could also be in the mix for potential trade with Pats ~ though far less likely as the Pats already own their 2nd rounder so any deal with them would most likely have to include their 1st rounder and I doubt BB covets a player enough to move up that far and pay the big buck$ ) CONSIDERING BB's HISTORY & ALL THE AMMO THE PATS HAVE : THIS DRAFT HAS THE POTENTIAL TO RESEMBLE A FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE  
    Posted by CaptFoxboro

Ok I want you to step away from the computer for at least 2 days and relax. You are working far too hard at this, the thing is no matter how hard you try you will NEVER figure out what the Patriots will do when it comes to draft day. The Draft day is building to be almost as big as the Super Bowl.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gazzzmann. Show gazzzmann's posts

In Response to Re: PATS + BILLS + TEBOW = 1st ROUND TRADE?:
    Tebow is not a first round pick.
    Posted by pimpylooka

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gazzzmann. Show gazzzmann's posts

In Response to Re: PATS + BILLS + TEBOW = 1st ROUND TRADE? :
    Posted by gazzzmann

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Tebow+devine intervention= 3th round to the Colts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

Well, according to Jim Kelly's wife via her twitter page, Jim had dinner with Tebow last night. Who knows what will happen in the draft. Anything is possible with Bill Belichick. He does like to move down in the draft a lot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

We can only hope that a division "rival" would be so foolish.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

i heard that the pats were considering moving up...the guy i know off-handedly hinted at that when I was talking about them trading back. so maybe there is someone they like up there... it aint tebow...the guy could be pulling my chain but he is definately a person who would know

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

This is a totally ridiculous post. Shouldn't you be studying for middle school your social studies exam tomorrow?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

If Tebow is smart he stays at home. Let ESPN send a crew to his house or to the Campus. AS for when you see a pick used for Tebow by the Patriots I say they don't because I don't see the value in drafting a guy in the top 64 picks when he grades out as no better then a mid 3rd round tallent, and I think one of the QB desperate teams might use a pick by the end of round two on him and right this minute the Patriots don't even have a third though I still say they do a deal with Cleveland for one and could do it w/o using any of their 2010 picks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

The Pats are due for a trade up, with these extra picks. For years we have let the Jests trade up for people like Revis-Harris-Keller-Sanchez while we trade down and let impact players go to other teams. There are a ton of excellent opportunities in the mid-first this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The Bills are reportedly very interested in rebounding their franchise's fortune by rolling the dice on Tim Tebow . The problem is they know that spending the 9th overall pick on a guy with such a huge question mark hanging over his head is rediculous so ... THEY NEED A TRADING PARTNER TO MOVE DOWN TO A SPOT THAT IS NOT TOO HIGH / NOT TOO LOW. That's where the Pats come in .   Though trades involving Qbs between Divisional foes are rare , theses two teams do have a history of gettin' 'em done ( Bledsoe ) .   It would be a long shot , but I could see this one going one of two ways : 1) Bills use their #9 selection on another player and then wait and see if Jax or ? make a move to pick him before Pats #22 pick comes around then :  They trade their 2nd rounder ( #41 ...9th pick in 2nd Rnd ) along with their 3rd (#72 ) and 4th ( #104 ) for Pats #22 and 7th Rnder or 2) Bills trade their 2nd rounder (#41) and 2011 1st rounder for Pats #22 , 5th and 7th Rnders ( I could see where BB might be willing to add another potential Top 10 pick in '11 w/o having to give up one of those "sweet spot " 2010 2nd rounders )  At any rate , the key to taking advantage of the TEBOW factor is going to be multiple teams having interest in him .  Right now it looks like BILLS  /  JAGS are his likely landing spots ( Jags currently pick right behind Bills at #10 and could also be in the mix for potential trade with Pats ~ though far less likely as the Pats already own their 2nd rounder so any deal with them would most likely have to include their 1st rounder and I doubt BB covets a player enough to move up that far and pay the big buck$ ) CONSIDERING BB's HISTORY & ALL THE AMMO THE PATS HAVE : THIS DRAFT HAS THE POTENTIAL TO RESEMBLE A FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE  
    Posted by CaptFoxboro

This is actually pretty realistic Capt. Bills need a fan splash and your version A would be enough to get it done but your choice B isn't quite enough. Considering the weakness of next years draft they'd have to include a 4th this year or a 3rd/2nd next year.

Though the Bills would be an interesting partner, Jax doesn't have a second and won't be taking Tebow with the 10th. So what incentive does the Bills have to move up and take Tebow when they could sit back and take him at #41?

If they Pats could convince the Bills that Jax is going to trade #74 and a 1st and 2nd next year to move to #22 then you might get their 2nd, 3rd, and 5th but that's a lot to pay in a deep draft for a player who might not make it at QB, even for a desperate team who needs to make a splash with their fans. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I have long felt that Tebow will fall into the 2nd round, however, you can't discount some desperate team trading for him. For me, Tebow is a coachable HB with some skills to be an average QB. Better athlete than QB. If he is the next Dallas Clark, that is not necessarily a bad thing, it's just that he will never be the greatest QB at both the college level or the pros. College success does not translate into NFL success.  It's difficult for me to see Tebow being as successful at QB in the NFL as was in college. Call Toretta Syndrome or whatever. I still think he falls into the 2nd round (late) and ESPN makes a huge deal about it.

Reading this trade made my brain sore. Too many things have to fall into place for this trade to happen. Poor play at QB is not always the only issue. Buffalo has been in the rumor mill for  Mc Nabb (a better option than Tebow).

Does any team want to help give the Pats 3 firsts in 2011 ? I doubt it. What we are really talking about is what players are coveted at the #22 spot and can Beilichick get better value in a trade. Beilchick.....obviously had football on the mind and sex in heart.....One of those freudian typos.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from docmartin72. Show docmartin72's posts

I am more likely to be drafted in the 1st round than Tebow.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Never know with BB any trade is possible so long as it doesn't mean moving into the top ten this year and it has nothing to do with the Raiders pick next year. I know he doesn't care about the trading with the AFC east,Welker was acquired from the Phins and he sent Drew to Buffalo,so that isn't an issue..The only onbe of the trades you mention with Buffalo thats feasible is where they trade their 2nd and third  and fourth rounders for the Patriots first round pick. Otherwise I don't see it happening. I can definately see someone offering BB a good deal for his first round pick and we already know from drafts gone by that he loves him some extra draft choices..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

As long as Belichick doesn't draft Tebow with our top 54 picks, I'm cool. Drafting Tebow is the kind of thing that would transform a legendary coach like Belichick from "In Belichick we trust" to "Belichick is a bust". Stay away from Tebow.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

Just to be clear ... I don't think Tebow is worth a 1st rounder either ( Not with him at Qb , or Hb ,or Te  , or anywhere ) , but I can understand how a team like the Bills / Jax ( zero star talent to fill seats / sell merch. ) might pull the trigger . 

The gist of this thread is to point out that there may be a way for the Pats to take advantage of the Tebow -hysteria .

Out of curiousity ...
     Can Anybody think of a player (that would reasonably still be there)
     if the Pats were to trade up with the Bills at #9 or Jax at #10 ?
    ( It would obviously cost the Pats #22 and at least one of the 2nds ) 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Just to be clear ... I don't think Tebow is worth a 1st rounder either ( Not with him at Qb , or Hb ,or Te  , or anywhere ) , but I can understand how a team like the Bills / Jax ( zero star talent to fill seats / sell merch. ) might pull the trigger .     The pt. of this thread is just to pt. out there might be a way for Pats to take advantage of the Tebow -hysteria .   Out of curiousity ...  Can Anybody think of a player (that would reasonably still be there)  if the Pats were to trade up with the Bills at #9 or Jax at #10 ? ( It would obviously cost the Pats #22 and at least one of the 2nds ) 
    Posted by CaptFoxboro

Yup, Then we could use the #9 pick and the Raiders pick to trade up again and get SUHHHHHHHHHHH. I knew I could work that in somehow.
     I'm on Board Now Cappy!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

Tim Tebow=non-football playing punk.
    Posted by nickelbean

And you call him a punk why?
    Granted he isn't an NFL type player but no one has attached a title of punk to him. From everything that is being said/wrote about him ( Good leader, great Christian values, strong work ethic etc), he would appear to be just the opposite.
    Just because a person doesn't have NFL playing abilities doesn't make them a "punk", otherwise you and I would have that label as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Just to be clear ... I don't think Tebow is worth a 1st rounder either... 
    Posted by CaptFoxboro

Well, I absolutely think he's a first rounder.  Look, as a player, he might grade out much lower.  Whatever.  These are businesses first and foremost.  If Tebow sells season tickets and T-shirts, he's a first rounder.  Nobody is buying a ticket to see Maurkice Pouncey play guard, but Tebow is box office gold.  That's worth way, way more to Ralph Wilson or Wayne Weaver than a couple of wins in 2010.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Posted by CaptFoxboro

I don't like either of your proposed trades for the Pats. Last year by trading down, the Pats lost out on OT Mike Oher, and OLB Clay Matthews. Oher would have teamed with Sebastien Vollmer to form one of the best young OT combinations in the game. Matthews would have been the Vrabel-like outside pass-rusher that the Pats so desperately need. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to PATS + BILLS + TEBOW = 1st ROUND TRADE? :      I don't like either of your proposed trades for the Pats. Last year by trading down, the Pats lost out on OT Mike Oher, and OLB Clay Matthews. Oher would have teamed with Sebastien Vollmer to form one of the best young OT combinations in the game. Matthews would have been the Vrabel-like outside pass-rusher that the Pats so desperately need. 
    Posted by TexasPat3

They weren't going to get 2 OT's last year, atleast not with Light on the team so I doubt that would have happened. Although I love Matthews look at what the trade got us last year. When all was said and done we ended up with Butler, Tate, Edelman, and the #44 pick this year. What if with #44 they take Williams (WR) or Hughes (OLB), or Carrington (DE) and filling one of those holes frees you to take a Veldheer (OT) or Sapp (DE/OLB) or Misi (OLB). To me that take sets us up long term with very high talent instead of just a single player. I really liked the value the trade provided and would have done it again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

I love all the people who act like they have inside sources on the Pats...There are probably 3 people on the Pats who have inside information and one of them is Belichick...Just stop talking.
    Posted by grammbo14

AMEN!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

In Response to PATS + BILLS + TEBOW = 1st ROUND TRADE? :      I don't like either of your proposed trades for the Pats. Last year by trading down, the Pats lost out on OT Mike Oher, and OLB Clay Matthews. Oher would have teamed with Sebastien Vollmer to form one of the best young OT combinations in the game. Matthews would have been the Vrabel-like outside pass-rusher that the Pats so desperately need. 
    Posted by TexasPat3

How on earth do you figure that they would have drafted Vollmer in round 2 if they got an OT in round 1? I'd put the chances of that at a solid 0%.  And I'll take Vollmer in the second over Oher in the first every day of the week and twice on Sunday, especially considering Oher is not a fit for the Patriots system at all.

Sections
Shortcuts