Pats blacked out in upstate NY and Toronto on the 26th? How to watch?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Pats blacked out in upstate NY and Toronto on the 26th? How to watch?

Last weekend I couldn't watch the Bills-Browns game even on Sunday Ticket because the Bills weren't sold out and the game was blacked out here in Toronto (and in upstate NY).  Looks like the Bill's December 26 match-up with the Pats is also not sold out, which I guess means that game might be blacked out too. Anyone else who lives in Toronto know how to watch a blacked out game?  Will it be on in bars?   I'd love to drive to Buffalo to see the game live, but it's the Boxing Day holiday and I'm not sure I can get away from the family for that long that day. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Re: Pats blacked out in upstate NY and Toronto on the 26th? How to watch?

In Response to Pats blacked out in upstate NY and Toronto on the 26th? How to watch?:
    [QUOTE]Last weekend I couldn't watch the Bills-Browns game even on Sunday Ticket because the Bills weren't sold out and the game was blacked out here in Toronto (and in upstate NY).  Looks like the Bill's December 26 match-up with the Pats is also not sold out, which I guess means that game might be blacked out too. Anyone else who lives in Toronto know how to watch a blacked out game?  Will it be on in bars?   I'd love to drive to Buffalo to see the game live, but it's the Boxing Day holiday and I'm not sure I can get away from the family for that long that day. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

check online at frontrow.net and channelsurfing.net these are teh best two sites for sports online.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

try this  http://atdhe.net/index.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

It worked pretty well for me last weekend. A little shaky the first half but they added a new link during halftime and it was solid for the rest of the game. I was hoping I'd get the game here in Syracuse but the NFL are being jerks about it. I'm 140 miles from there and there's no way a digital broadcast makes it within 75 miles of here. Anyone who thinks people are going to drive there and back along lake effect alley during the winter is dreaming. You can go from clear skies to a complete white out in a couple of miles at any moment. You used to be able to take Amtrak but they got sick of dealing with the drunks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Thanks for the links . . .

Anyone from this area headed to Buffalo for the game? Like I said, I probably can't do it on the 26th, but who knows, maybe I'll find a way to get there.  I've still got season tickets in Foxboro and fly back for about half the home games, but the day after Christmas is tough, even if Buffalo is only an hour or so car ride away. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leonard15. Show Leonard15's posts

In Response to Pats blacked out in upstate NY and Toronto on the 26th? How to watch?:
    [QUOTE]Last weekend I couldn't watch the Bills-Browns game even on Sunday Ticket because the Bills weren't sold out and the game was blacked out here in Toronto (and in upstate NY).  Looks like the Bill's December 26 match-up with the Pats is also not sold out, which I guess means that game might be blacked out too. Anyone else who lives in Toronto know how to watch a blacked out game?  Will it be on in bars?   I'd love to drive to Buffalo to see the game live, but it's the Boxing Day holiday and I'm not sure I can get away from the family for that long that day. 

That suks you live in Toronto and get the game but what's weird is that I live in Brantford which is not too far west from you and probably closer to the Niagara/Buffalo but I still get the game on Sunday Ticket. When I clicked to the Bills/Browns game it was on and when you click the info button on the remote is says game not available in the GTA & Hamilton area. But I know the local CBS channel that I receive from Rogers cable had the game blacked out but I also have Bell TV and I do in fact subscribe to Sunday Ticket. But another thing you should look into is that Bell TV gives me locals from Boston and I don't even need Sunday Ticket to watch all of the Patriot games as I can just turn to the local CBS or Fox channel from where the game airs on. So I would look into switching to Bell TV just for the fact that you get Boston locals.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Buffalo Wild Wings, if they have any around.  It's turning into one of my favorite places to go - wings, sports, big screen TVs, and heavily made up girls with tight clothing Cool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Pats blacked out in upstate NY and Toronto on the 26th? How to watch?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Pats blacked out in upstate NY and Toronto on the 26th? How to watch? : That suks you live in Toronto and get the game but what's weird is that I live in Brantford which is not too far west from you and probably closer to the Niagara/Buffalo but I still get the game on Sunday Ticket. When I clicked to the Bills/Browns game it was on and when you click the info button on the remote is says game not available in the GTA & Hamilton area. But I know the local CBS channel that I receive from Rogers cable had the game blacked out but I also have Bell TV and I do in fact subscribe to Sunday Ticket. But another thing you should look into is that Bell TV gives me locals from Boston and I don't even need Sunday Ticket to watch all of the Patriot games as I can just turn to the local CBS or Fox channel from where the game airs on. So I would look into switching to Bell TV just for the fact that you get Boston locals.
    Posted by Leonard15[/QUOTE]

That is strange that they'd show the game in Brantford but not in Oakville (I actually live in Oakville which is even closer to Brantford than Toronto, but it's still in the GTA/Hamilton area).  At least I know where to drive if the bars around here are blacked out too!  I've got Cogeco--and they've had the Pats on regular TV almost every week too.  I've only needed Sunday Ticket about twice this season.  But if Bell gives you all the Boston sports teams regularly, maybe I'll look into switching.  The Cogeco sports pak (which gets you Sunday Ticket) is pretty expensive. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leonard15. Show Leonard15's posts

In Response to Re: Pats blacked out in upstate NY and Toronto on the 26th? How to watch?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats blacked out in upstate NY and Toronto on the 26th? How to watch? : That is strange that they'd show the game in Brantford but not in Oakville (I actually live in Oakville which is even closer to Brantford than Toronto, but it's still in the GTA/Hamilton area).  At least I know where to drive if the bars around here are blacked out too!  I've got Cogeco--and they've had the Pats on regular TV almost every week too.  I've only needed Sunday Ticket about twice this season.  But if Bell gives you all the Boston sports teams regularly, maybe I'll look into switching.  The Cogeco sports pak (which gets you Sunday Ticket) is pretty expensive. 

Before you subscribe to any cable or satellite you should just ask people in your Oakville area where their local CBS, FOX, NBC & ABC affiliates originate. I would assume Bell TV gives everyone the same locals which would give you the Boston locals but don't quote me on that. As for the cable providers I know Rogers will only get you the Buffalo locals and hence the blackouts but I would just inquire with people who have the other local cable providers as to where their locals originate from and if they are from Boston then you are in luck. I know even if I didn't have Sunday Ticket or Bell TV for that matter I would have caught all the Pats games this season as usually City TV or Sportsnet will pick up the game regardless of what games are on the FOX or CBS channlel at the time but with the game in Buffalo thats a different story b/c of the location factor coming into play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Sports Bar or buy DirectTV and order Sunday Ticket.