Pats / Buffalo game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Re: Pats / Buffalo game thread

Ok so some of you are finally coming around to what the few of us have been saying for the last three years???  If brady is not playing at MVP caliber they lose....

Can someone ask Rusty when they see him it the pats are "gameplanning" yet? or does he realize how bad this D is now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEPatsGal. Show NEPatsGal's posts

Pats passing so far this season is OUT OF CONTROL! What happend to the running game???? What is up with the lack of time management and turning games into shootouts??? The D played extremely well today under the circumstances. Brady is going to throw int's, he's not perfect, but these drives with passing on everyday against a team you can run on all day is insane. What the heck was "Billy" thinking the entire game. I mean after INT #2, do you ever stop and think "Hey let's calm Brady down and hand it off"

We all know how the Pats rebound from losses, but if they roll up in OAK trying to have Brady throw for over 400 yds they deserve to lose.

Bill O'Brien should be in Hot water, as should BB for not stepping in and taking over on O.

Loyal Pats fan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'm only going to say this once the fix was in,the TD for Buffalo that tied the game was a gift from the refs! Roughing the passer on 3 down in their own end zone 15 yards even though the replay clearly shows Love tackled him cleanly and he was just throwing the ball,illegal contact on Bodden when he's nowheres near the receiver though they caught the ball behind him,and the Coups DE Grace Illegal contact in the endzone after Brown intercepts the ball and the contact was initiated by the receiver. Also nice of Brady to collect his cut of the illgotten payoff from the Refs! Your marching the ball downfield with the running of Ridley and you decide to go away from what's working and squeeze a pass into Gronk? Bounce the ball off a defenders head for a pick 6? We are not that stupid Brady.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vhfan1. Show vhfan1's posts

Where do I start
    Let's see
    1.) No defense
    2.) No defense
    3.) Tom is human.

The only and I mean the only way they even GET to the playoffs is with a defense. Every team now has a great template on how to beat the pats. Pass, Pass, and when you are done pass some more. Great teams have a great defense that carries them into postseason. Mark my words kids, Tom wont even get a sniff of the playoffs with a defense like this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

In Response to Re: Pats / Buffalo game thread:
    I'm only going to say this once the fix was in,the TD for Buffalo that tied the game was a gift from the refs! Roughing the passer on 3 down in their own end zone 15 yards even though the replay clearly shows Love tackled him cleanly and he was just throwing the ball,illegal contact on Bodden when he's nowheres near the receiver though they caught the ball behind him,and the Coups DE Grace Illegal contact in the endzone after Brown intercepts the ball and the contact was initiated by the receiver. Also nice of Brady to collect his cut of the illgotten payoff from the Refs! Your marching the ball downfield with the running of Ridley and you decide to go away from what's working and squeeze a pass into Gronk? Bounce the ball off a defenders head for a pick 6? We are not that stupid Brady.
    Posted by sportsbozo1

yes that weas a clean hit soon you wont even be able to look at QB's with out getting a flag

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vhfan1. Show vhfan1's posts

In regards to my previous post I should clarify a little on my complaints about the defense when I say......

Zero pass rush

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Yep. I agree with you. there was "no fire in the belly" with the 21-0 lead. I thought the PATS were smarter than that. 3rd quarter was a snooze fest. TB was off. Peyton Manning is known for those kind of interceptions (along with Brett Favre) and they come through with a W in the majority of games. Too many places to point a finger (with the exception of Welker and Gronk)
    I thought Ocho hurt Brady more then helped.
    PATS need to play 60 minutes. But that is so football 101. Did they really look past the BILLS? Then I put majority of blame on coaching.
    Really bad showing. I remember the last time they lost to the Bills.
    I thought that was due to the sudden loss of Ty Law.
    As a fan I'm really ticked off. Pats beat themselves.
    Bills played smart football.

In Response to Re: Pats / Buffalo game thread : Keep in mind, darwk, this was a game IN Buffalo.  Even with all the Pats' mistakes, it took a FG with no time left for the Bills to win.  Imagine how this game would have gone if there were no INTs on TB's part?  That 21 - 0 beginning would have been just an appetizer!  But, the game is 60 minutes long and it appears the Pats stopped playing after that 21 - 0 lead.
    Posted by agcsbill

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

With a 21 - 0 lead we really need to run the ball more.  We have at least 3 running backs active.  A better run game = more time off the clock with drives, and maybe someday we will get a defense that can cover and put pressure on a QB.  Our run defense seems to be pretty solid most of the time.  Overall, I put a lot of blame on the offensive coordinator, if we have one. Establish a run game, and teams will have to respect it instead of being able to play pass defense all the time. Our super bowl winning teams had better balance, and a defense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Patriots. Show 4Patriots's posts

Here's the highlights:

1.  Tom Brady is not able to win games by himself.  He will throw his share of picks (normally waiting until January to do so), but the offense is suspect when the running game has no weapons.

2.  If the Pats don't cut Ocho-Cinco on Monday, then it's ignoring a roster spot that could have been used (like trading for safety help.)  Bill - call Philly and offer a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Nate Allen.

3.  The Patriots defense is the worst in club history.  They couldn't stop St. Mary of the Lakes next week. 3-4 or 4-3 - it simply doesn't matter.  Opposing QB's will continue to spend 5 - 7 minutes each snap awaiting until the wide open receiver / halfback / tight end / fullback / fan from the stands gets open.

How can Belichick be such a 'genius' when all the Pats do is give up so many points and yards week to week?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Ok so some of you are finally coming around to what the few of us have been saying for the last three years???  If brady is not playing at MVP caliber they lose.... Can someone ask Rusty when they see him it the pats are "gameplanning" yet? or does he realize how bad this D is now.
    Posted by Patsman3

MVP caliber? how about NFL caliber?

He threw 4 interceptions - 4 !!!

I would still take him over most (if not ALL) QBs in the league - but this one is on him and BB - what the HECK happened to our running game ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEPatsGal. Show NEPatsGal's posts

@ Buffalo game thread

I didn't see the game, only watched play by play and had someone near me listening to the game. But Pats management of the offense was horrid. BUF deserved to win this one. If they got help fromt he refs, well that's nothing new we should be used to that when we play any NY team by now................Refs may have helped keep the game once it was close, like do do whenever Pats play the Colts in IND, but this game should have never been close from the time the Pats had the 21-0 lead, they should have then switched over to running non stop and wearing down the D & the clock, which would have been classic Pats, but they have gotton into this "Colts" habit where the team revolves around Brady and the passing game...If Brady has an off night the team loses. But unlike the Colts, the Pats actually have as good a running game as a passing game. It'd be one thing is the Bills shut down the run, but they didn't. So why depend so much on Brady's arm??? If anything you want his arm to still be in good shape by the Playoffs, if we make them. Horrible, if management of the offense does not change Pats will miss the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gumby1958. Show gumby1958's posts

I may be alone in this, but the Bills BARELY beat us.  They were due a win and so that little quota has been reached.  I'm really puzzled as to what happened to the Pats D, tho.  They were SMOKIN' the first quarter!!  It's early in the season, so it's really not a biggie that they lost this one.  I'm far lessed concerned about them losing to THIS particular NY team...it's far more important that we beat that OTHER NY team....
    Keepin' the faith 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

SHOCKING LOSS.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

the worst part of this loss  is that it was a divsion loss

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

yes. Will haunt PATS and their fans. Bills have mojo. Interesting season ahead.

the worst part of this loss  is that it was a divsion loss
    Posted by wolfwood

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Wow, glad I could only watch the last 3:23, it spared me some pain.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from msgator. Show msgator's posts

Sorry gang, TB's INT's killed us this game.  Our D was bad and we knew it was bad, but our offense was expected (and should of) made up for that.  4 INT's - no way we're going to win with that.  At the end of the day, they kicked our QB's and D's buttock regions and deserved to win the game.  We stunk in this game and I'm only hoping we can beat the Raiders next week. 
    Posted by gr82bme

Exactly right.  Put aside the lousy officiating, the horrid defense and the non-existant running game . . . you can't win in the NFL with four interceptions, two in the red zone and one a pick 6.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEPatsGal. Show NEPatsGal's posts

I may be alone in this, but the Bills BARELY beat us.  They were due a win and so that little quota has been reached.  I'm really puzzled as to what happened to the Pats D, tho.  They were SMOKIN' the first quarter!!  It's early in the season, so it's really not a biggie that they lost this one.  I'm far lessed concerned about them losing to THIS particular NY team...it's far more important that we beat that OTHER NY team.... Keepin' the faith 
    Posted by gumby1958

I think we all know Bills were gonna eventually be due for a win. But MAKE the Bills beat you, don't hand them the W & your pride lol!! Bills deserved the win for the way they weathered the storm and played the last 2/3 of the game, but they know, or should know they were very lucky to come away with that win.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4412381. Show user_4412381's posts

Time to go for the throat. If this keeps up. We'll beat then 56-0
    Posted by kansaspatriot

Oh yeah kansaspatriot.....56-0 Pats Win!   Ooops might have wanted to wait on that one.  BILLS WIN 34-31!!!!!!!!

.  OH YEAH BABY!!!!  GO BILLS!!!! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4412381. Show user_4412381's posts

Buufalo cam back from more than this last week. On Oakland.. hahahahahahha
    Posted by patsbandwagonsince76

Uhm....yeah.  And now the Patty Cake lost to the Bills the same way.  GO BILLS!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4412381. Show user_4412381's posts

Sorry Paddy Cake...today's (and from here on) was not your day.  Gotta love that first quarter confidence ya'all had!!!!

GO BILLS !!!!

www.tobaccofreewny.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Buffalo-Bills-Logo.gif">Buffalo-Bills-Logo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Papahone. Show Papahone's posts

Ocho Stinko.... and Brandon Spikes always gets a free pass.... Why? He's a non factor. A team in search of an identity. Run plays were working with Riddley but they went away from them at a crucial time. Some tough calls today but that is part of this newer brand of offensive football... the refa are more offensive too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasBogger. Show TexasBogger's posts

Offense can win a lot of games (regular season).
    Defense wins a lot of games (playoffs).

Playoffs?  PLAYOFFS?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfanrg. Show patsfanrg's posts

Wow - what a disgrace the defense was!  Watching this one practically made me think I would be better off turning to the Red Sox game.   That's just how bad this defense was. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from macwms1. Show macwms1's posts

Yes Brady wasn't terrific and the defense was awful, but the real key to the game was the horrific officiating!  They called ruffing the passer on the Patriots to change the out come of the end.  There was no worse call to effect a game.  This is FOOTBALL and if you can't tackle a Quarterback then what can you do?

Sections
Shortcuts