Pats Can Franchise Revis in 2015

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

Pats Can Franchise Revis in 2015

@AlbertBreer 1m

Important note: Darrelle Revis' 1-year, $12 million deal w/the Patriots doesn't contain anything preventing NE from franchising him in '15.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Pats Can Franchise Revis in 2015

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 46s

Additionally, I'm told the Patriots ultimately, after a feeling-out period, have designs on locking up Revis long-term.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Additionally, I'm told the Patriots ultimately, after a feeling-out period, have designs on locking up Revis long-term.

He's pretty young...and the cap takes off next year...this is getting better by the minute...BWAHAHAHA...good-bye Talib....good luck

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Good news.  Nice job by the Pats.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's pretty young...and the cap takes off next year...this is getting better by the minute...BWAHAHAHA...good-bye Talib....good luck

[/QUOTE]

Agree 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

what type of number will the tag be?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree 

[/QUOTE]

BB knew what he was doing...the franchise # for CB's this year was...wait...$12 million!...lol...he could franchise the guy and pay him gaurenteed $$$ each year, good for both sides..BB is a genius!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Sweet! I was curious if they would be able to tag him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sweet! I was curious if they would be able to tag him.

[/QUOTE]

Puting the franchise tag waiver in the contract is just window dressing......any one think Revis will not hold out if the tag is used.........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

They have plenty of room to extend him next season, they don't have to tag him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

No way Revis would accept a tag. He would hold out or demand release. We have seen that song and dance before with him. I think the one year deal is a trial period for him and a chance for us to make financial arrangements to sign him long term. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

The tag was 10 this year, so 11 next year. We essentially locked up Revis for 2 years 23 million. He will certainly not hold out after coming to N.E for a super bowl run. If we tag him he will have made 39 million in 3 seasons. 13 per year, and then sign 1 more big pay day when he's 31 years old and the top FA again. 

BB just building Super bowl contenders for 14 years by building through the draft, signing value free agents and jumping on any chance he has to bring in some of the best players in the league.Ted Washington, Rodney, colvin, dillion, moss, welker, adalius, stalworth, Talib and now Revis...dragging his fans kicking amd screaming the whole way....

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

They have plenty of room to extend him next season, they don't have to tag him.

[/QUOTE]

They will have to tag him to work out an extension.  I believe by league rules, you can't renegotiate (including extending) a player's contract in its first year; the Pats wouldn't be able to extend Revis until after the start of free agency 2015.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Word is already out that the cap will increase between $12-$13 mill next year. 

Keep in mind the Pats have several back loaded contracts that increase next year.  Mankins +$500,000, Mayo + 3.5 mill, Gronk + $3.2 mill, DMC re-sign, Amendola +$1.2 mill, Arrington + $1 mill, Solder re-sign, possibly extend Jones next year, and Hightower.  Cross that bridge when they get there.  Really hope to see Revis on a multi year deal with the Pats after this season. 

When does the season start, can't wait to see Revis in a Pats jersey.

[/QUOTE]

Rather pay revis 24 million for 2 years, 1 contract for 12 and a franchise tag for 12. He will be fine making 40 million in the bank for his last 3 seasons and prime for another huge contract at 31 years old! works out for both parties.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The beauty of this is the leverge BB used and the stroke of genius it is. The Jets wasted millions on him for no reason.

Now, BB can control the years and money at will, able to budget how he wants.

Elway just paid Talib 57 million dollars with 26 million guaranteed. LOL!

At worst, you get Revis for 2 years and 24 million. Overpriced a bit, sure, but with Hernandez's cap hit removed next year, this can work over a 3 year time span or a quick 2 year deal.

In short, the 1 year deal at a reasonable price on the market, gives BB the leverage.

Sam Shields, Vontae Davis or Revis?  Is this even a question?

The whole problem with Revis was ego, lack of commitment to the team and holding out every year with leverage. Ain't happening here.

Thanks again to BB, the greatest GM to ever live. It's that simple.

[/QUOTE]

not even the best current GM in this town. Chiarelli is so far ahead of him it's ridiculous. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

I think the franchise tag is either an average of the top paid players at that position (5?), OR a percentage increase of their previous salary, whichever is greater.

Am I wrong?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Belichick wanted to coach Revis, Revis wanted to play for BB.  

If Revis is healthy, worth every penny.  Sometimes like-minded people gravitate towards each other. BB will always be a cornerback coach at heart, he loves him some D.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to flutie66's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the franchise tag is either an average of the top paid players at that position (5?), OR a percentage increase of their previous salary, whichever is greater.

Am I wrong?

[/QUOTE]

You are correct.  Revis' tag number next year would be about 14.5 mil (20% increase).  I think BB should go ahead and tag him right now.

Never let it be said that patsie fans understand the finances of the game.

Ironically, that 20 % number is the the same amount greater than what BB paid Revis compared to the next highest paid CB.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Revis is healthy, worth every penny.  Sometimes like-minded people gravitate towards each other. BB will always be a cornerback coach at heart, he loves him some D.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Revis wanted to play for the guy who he called "a jerk".  It wasn't about the 12 mil. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Yes, Revis wanted to play for the guy who he called "a jerk""

Yep, he did. Revis could have gotten more than $12 million from multiple teams, he had no rush to sign a contract. 

This is about Revis wanting to play for Belichick, a hard pill for you to swallow I know. 

Great signing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Revis wanted to play for the guy who he called "a jerk".  It wasn't about the 12 mil. 

[/QUOTE]

Have you ever said things in the "heat of an argument" or contest that you really didnt mean-probably not since youre only 10 years old-now go to sleep its past your bedtime! BTW Nice perfomance in last years SB by the Bronckettes and their High Powered offense!! LMAO!!!

Sections
Shortcuts