Pats can still have a bye with the 3rd seed - sort of

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Pats can still have a bye with the 3rd seed - sort of

It looks like the Patriots will finish with the 3rd seed, no matter if they win the next two, or even if they win 1 of the next 2.  So beat the Jags on Sunday and rest all the top players and injured players on week 17. There is the two weeks to get healthy.  While I don't like how the Patriots play after a bye week, I don't mind seeing the hurt players resting. 

Looks like the Pats will be playing the Steelers or Bengals week 1 of the playoffs.  I think Steelers are the least threat of the two, I don't see how the Bengals cause much problem either.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

Re: Pats can still have a bye with the 3rd seed - sort of

It's not the first wild card game at home that I'm worried about. It's the second game at Denver, or texans at there place....gotta hope for an upset of Denver. At least they are away and could slip up....never know

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

No way Denver loses to the Chiefs or the Browns, need to be as healthy as possible to win in Denver.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Steelers the least threat?

At their best, the Steelers should be good enough to beat the Pats. They but us last season and they have post season experience. Woodley has had a crappy season, but like Tuck, he could turn it on for the playoffs.

Wallace, Brown, Sanders and Miller are all viable receiving threats, Arrington will have to cover one of them.

Cin has AJ Green and Gresham...and a shaky QB. Steelers are more dangerous than the Bengals.

Also,

2010 Jets beat the Pats, 2010 Seahawks beat the Saints, 9-7 New York Giants who gave up more points than they scored won the Super Bowl.

This Pats team lost to the Arizona Cardinals earlier in the season. Steelers or Bengals catch fire these last two games, then anything can't happen.

Don't discount anything in the playoffs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At their best, the Steelers should be good enough to beat the Pats. They but us last season and they have post season experience. Woodley has had a crappy season, but like Tuck, he could turn it on for the playoffs.

Wallace, Brown, Sanders and Miller are all viable receiving threats, Arrington will have to cover one of them.

Cin has AJ Green and Gresham...and a shaky QB. Steelers are more dangerous than the Bengals.

Also,

2010 Jets beat the Pats, 2010 Seahawks beat the Saints, 9-7 New York Giants who gave up more points than they scored won the Super Bowl.

This Pats team lost to the Arizona Cardinals earlier in the season. Steelers or Bengals catch fire these last two games, then anything can't happen.

[/QUOTE]

I just don't see it. I do not fear the Steelers.  Ben is stong and can move around but he is slow as hell, our pass rush, as of right now, can get to him.  Sure they have some outside threats but Ben has to be able to get it to them.  This Pats team is better then previous Pats teams and this Steelers team is worse then previous Steelers teams.  

Concerning the Arizona game, that was early in the season.  Both teams are totally different now then they were when they played! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Also,

[/QUOTE]

I just don't see it. I do not fear the Steelers.  Ben is stong and can move around but he is slow as hell, our pass rush, as of right now, can get to him.  Sure they have some outside threats but Ben has to be able to get it to them.  This Pats team is better then previous Pats teams and this Steelers team is worse then previous Steelers teams.  

Concerning the Arizona game, that was early in the season.  Both teams are totally different now then they were when they played! 

[/QUOTE]

Part of my point.

These teams can be different two weeks from now. Steelers have a higher ceiling than the Bengals IMO

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I have to say I would fear the Steelers more than the Bengals. They bring playoff experience on defense and if they came together that day it would be tough. The offense is shaky but they do have deep threats and a QB with two rings who can buy time.

I'd rather take my chances with a less proven playoff team and a relatively unproven QB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Steelers would be faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar tougher than the Bungles. No doubt about it. We can still get the 1 or 2 seed. Nothing is out of the question. Yes, it is unlikely but lets play the games first and let the chips fall. Possibly a more likely scenario is the Texans losing both games in which case we would still be the 2 seed. It's been proven many times before, Bill will NOT rest any players regardless of whether or not we need to win the game. I say it's best to go into the playoffs with an absolute blow out firing on all cylinders. Usually the Fins will give us a tough game though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It looks like the Patriots will finish with the 3rd seed, no matter if they win the next two, or even if they win 1 of the next 2.  So beat the Jags on Sunday and rest all the top players and injured players on week 17. There is the two weeks to get healthy.  While I don't like how the Patriots play after a bye week, I don't mind seeing the hurt players resting. 

Looks like the Pats will be playing the Steelers or Bengals week 1 of the playoffs.  I think Steelers are the least threat of the two, I don't see how the Bengals cause much problem either.

[/QUOTE]

Good point TFB... 1ST take care of business this weekend.  Get back on track...  Get to 11-4.

After that, assess the team and hold out guys that are nicked up from Miami game.  At worst balt wins out and takes 3 seed if pats lose to miami.  4 seed would not pose any nightmare scenario.  Chances of facing baltimore in afc title game unlikely.  Dont see flacco beating peyton in denver.

that said, 3 seed is much better IMO.  I have a fun scenario worked out where Andrew luck catches fire and beats baltimore and houston, while pats beat cinci and Denver...

then pats get afc title game at home against indy.  It would be the:

tankgate vs spygate bowl.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

There's still a chance we could get that first round bye - I mean stranger things have happened. Two weeks is a long time in this league...there will be injuries (probably major ones) that will happen between now and then.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The Texans are going to lose to the Vikings and the Colts.

How would you like to find that in your stocking Christmas morning?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There's still a chance we could get that first round bye - I mean stranger things have happened. Two weeks is a long time in this league...there will be injuries (probably major ones) that will happen between now and then.

[/QUOTE]

i started a thread laying out the options prompted by price article.

win this gae see if any upsets 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Texans are going to lose to the Vikings and the Colts.

p mike that would be awesome

How would you like to find that in your stocking Christmas morning?

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

steelers out of playoffs..yes!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to makonikyman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's not the first wild card game at home that I'm worried about. It's the second game at Denver, or texans at there place....gotta hope for an upset of Denver. At least they are away and could slip up....never know

[/QUOTE]

The Texans don't have a chance whether it is here or at Texas. The Denver game is a different story.