Pats, Chargers talking deal for Jackson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Pats, Chargers talking deal for Jackson

Gross, Jackson is slowwwww... 

He wouldn't help us against Revis. The only way to beat Revis is to out run him, fighting him doesn't work because T.O., Marshall and Jackson tried that and it was to no avail. The Chargers won't trade to an AFC rival, especially not a team that they hate like New England. 

No to Jackson, we'll have to play with what we got. The only WRs I would trade for are Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson. Neither are going anywhere. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Jackson is 6 years younger, 30 lbs heavier and 1" taller than Moss but with similar speed and vertical.

Plus he will get destroyed in the middle and come up with balls and act like it was nothing, there are few DB's close to his size

Tate would burn the go-route's, Jackson would tear up the other side 20-25 yards down where he just rips balls away from people and outjumps you, then Welker is in the slot single coverage and Hernandez gets to take on LB's all day...

yikes!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

In Response to Re: Pats, Chargers talking deal for Jackson:
    RapSheet Ian R. Rapoport The agent for Patriots guard Logan Mankins tells me a report of a Mankins-VJax possible trade: "Ludicrous." He laughed for a while
    Posted by Rocky

I wouldn't put too much stock into what Mankins agent has to say.......based on the fact that he clearly dealing in reality when it comes to advising his client....................guy isnt the sharpest tool in the shaed

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

If its straight up for Mankins, SURE.  If it's a 3rd and Mankins, MAYBE, if VJack agrees to contract.  Anything more, NO WAY.  He's got too many issues.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Vincent Jackson is a really talented WR but he is a wreck personally. Also if a trade was made the Patriots couldn't use him until week 9 due to the Chargers putting him on the roster exempt list. However if you are looking for a HR hitter he would be the guy! However I would rather give Tate the chance first.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

clearly ISN'T dealing in reality

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Gross, Jackson is slowwwww...  He wouldn't help us against Revis. The only way to beat Revis is to out run him, fighting him doesn't work because T.O., Marshall and Jackson tried that and it was to no avail. The Chargers won't trade to an AFC rival, especially not a team that they hate like New England.  No to Jackson, we'll have to play with what we got. The only WRs I would trade for are Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson. Neither are going anywhere. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Au contraire, mon frer.  He is exactly the kind of guy we need against Revis.  Let Revis match, then BODY his azz up and get yer football.  Then make him tackle.  The idea that you have to OUTRUN revis is where Randy failed.  Should have just outjumped him on those sideline outs that made Culpepper look like a genius till randy and carter left.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Wozzy - a couple things I disagree with. 1 being Mankins just fitting right back in. The entire OL works as a single unit all year. Even if they played in it before it's hard for the unit as a whole to perform as well when you insert another player 10 games into the season. Even if we hold onto Mankins I don't think he'd start anyways. At least not the way Connolly is currently playing. You have to keep with the hot hand.

Jackson does go in the middle. He's a big WR that does and has played well cutting across the middle for SD. He's anything but a 1 trick pony.

Now he isn't to bright so you could make the argument that the system is to complex for him, much like Galloway. It's hard to tell but trading Mankins for Jackson seems like a medium risk high reward type of player

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

yeah he's too busy ruining logan's career to actually pay attention to what is happening in the nfl. what a clown. meanwhile wouldnt he be advocating for this? his client wants out of new england..and he;s a california native. 

Agent for Logan Mankins responds on a possible trade for Vincent Jackson: “Ludicrous!” Ian R. Rapoport : I read www.csnne.com/10/07/10/Pats-Chargers-talking-deal-for-Jackson/v1_landing_patriots.html?blockID=326900&feedID=6150 " /> with interest a report by Tom Curran of Comcast New England saying the Patriots have discussed a possible trade involving guard Logan Mankins and Chargers receiver Vincent Jackson . Both superstars are sitting out, disgruntled, without signed RFA tenders. So why not? Well, I called up the agent for Mankins, and he had a more interesting response. He laughed. A lot. “ I think that’s totally insane, ” Frank Bauer , who represents Mankins, told me. “ I don’t pay attention to rumors, so I didn’t  hear it. But who knows? The Patriots do strange things… Hahahahaha. Whatever, there is so much crap out there. Until it all (shakes out), you don’t know. But to answer your question, that’s totally ludicrous .” So, Bauer doesn’t see it. Not at all. And the reason is because Jackson and Mankins would both have to sign tenders or agree to contract before a trade happens. “ You don’t trade people you trade contracts, ” Bauer explained. Essentially, he would have to know if it got serious because contracts would need to be signed. And he can’t imagine this one. “ A contract would need to be negotiated through the agent before any trade is pulled, ” Bauer said. “Somebody can call me tomorrow and say, ‘You’ve been traded to Cincinnati’ and I can say, ‘No, no, no, no. You got to have a contract.” As for Mankins and the Patriots? “ Nothing to report, ” Bauer said. But I will have some more soon…
    Posted by Rocky

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ian R. Rapoport
    Here is my blog post about Logan Mankins' agent slamming a report of VJax trade:

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Pats, Chargers talking deal for Jackson : http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/26608120562
    Posted by digger0862

got anything that's not 28 hours old from him?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Pats, Chargers talking deal for Jackson : Au contraire, mon frer.  He is exactly the kind of guy we need against Revis.  Let Revis match, then BODY his azz up and get yer football.  Then make him tackle.  The idea that you have to OUTRUN revis is where Randy failed.  Should have just outjumped him on those sideline outs that made Culpepper look like a genius till randy and carter left.
    Posted by Davedsone

Sorry, you can't fight Revis. He'll fight you back. He did well against Steve Smith, T.O., Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson (They played in the playoffs) and even Andre Johnson. If you want to beat Revis you have to burn him deep like Randy Moss did in week 2. 

Here you are. How many times did you hear 83's name?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOT2REGRET. Show NOT2REGRET's posts

Is this a joke or what. And who was the smart guy that said Jackson does a better job at going up and getting the ball. Wow there are some dumb things being said post trade. Do you realize that its because of Moss that teams use the fade in the back of the end-zone so much , teams never-ever would throw into double teams and just throw it up there for your guy to make a play before Moss came into the league. Yea the guy only started it , your right Vincent F'IN Jackson is the key here. The guys one strike away from half year/ year suspension. And if there was ever a system guy , hes it. You really think Jackson is worth 50-60 million and a couple of big picks? What exactly would you give up for him? A 2and3 , a 1and2? And btw if he does get suspended , sure we'll get some of the bonus back , but we dont get our picks back. Pass on Jackson!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

What story? What reporter? Is this a joke? The Jackson deal is at best a long shot. Your much more likely to wake up tomorrow and see thePatriots have traded for Deon Branch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Remember how Hobbs shut VJax down in the playoffs?  I kinda wish we still had Hobbs ....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

http://twitter.com/tomecurran

Update: Chargers don't want Mankins.

Since the Patriots are obviously interested, maybe they'll start discussing picks for Jackson now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Jackson is 6 years younger, 30 lbs heavier and 1" taller than Moss but with similar speed and vertical. Plus he will get destroyed in the middle and come up with balls and act like it was nothing, there are few DB's close to his size Tate would burn the go-route's, Jackson would tear up the other side 20-25 yards down where he just rips balls away from people and outjumps you, then Welker is in the slot single coverage and Hernandez gets to take on LB's all day... yikes!
    Posted by rameakap

If you don't know what you're talking about don't talk about it at all. Jackson is only 20 pounds heavier than Moss. On speed and Verticals, WRONG!!! 

Jackson's speed was clocked at a 4.48. He's about as fast as I am (Still faster than the average man, but against NFL athletes, too slow), his vertical leap is 39 inches. Moss ran a 40 yard with a speed of 4.25 and his vertical leap is 50 inches. You have no idea what we had in Randy Moss. We had the greatest deep threat WR in NFL history and the second greatest WR of all-time. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

i don't see how the logistics of any deal between the Chargers and Patriots could work

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

http://twitter.com/tomecurran Update: Chargers don't want Mankins. Since the Patriots are obviously interested, maybe they'll start discussing picks for Jackson now.
    Posted by apdynasty23

If that's the case I'd rather not trade the picks they are looking for to get him. I'd take Mankins for Jackson but trading a 2nd or more would be to much for Jackson imo. Even given his talent

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Pats, Chargers talking deal for Jackson : If you don't know what you're talking about don't talk about it at all. Jackson is only 20 pounds heavier than Moss. On speed and Verticals, WRONG!!!  Jackson's speed was clocked at a 4.48. He's about as fast as I am (Still faster than the average man, but against NFL athletes, too slow), his vertical leap is 39 inches. Moss ran a 40 yard with a speed of 4.25 and his vertical leap is 50 inches. You have no idea what we had in Randy Moss. We had the greatest deep threat WR in NFL history and the second greatest WR of all-time. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

I'm going to guess you're the fastest man on this board!  Faster than me anyway...but just to add to your point, Jackson has 25 career TDs.  Moss had 23 in one year.  Why would the Pats be willing to pay Jackson a fortune when they could have just paid Moss?  It doesn't make sense, they're not going to bring in another diva wideout after what they just went through.  There's not going to be a Jackson trade.  Nor one for Steve Smith or Larry Fitzgerald.  I could see a Branch because the cost would be minimal, as would the on-field impact.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaeD. Show JaeD's posts

Mankins and a second for jackson and merriman

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

A player that won't play for us for a player who won't play for them... and our guy flat our will never play for us again, and they likewise.  But, under the right conditions, their Very Good player in a position of need WILL PLAY for us, with little or no cost to us? And we just freed up a pro-rated $6-8m between Moss and the Mankins?  Is there a question there?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

It sounds like BS to me unless it's a Mankins for Jackson stright up type of deal. I don't see BB giving up even a 2nd for a player with the same rep that Moss had. I'd look for Branch or Evans to come here before Jackson. They might not be as skilled but they a great route runners who are team players 
    Posted by PatsEng

Yeah Branch is a team player no holding out for him....oh wait

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuckfairbanks. Show chuckfairbanks's posts

Negotiating tactic to drive down the asking price for D Branch who is basically personna non grata in Seattle and very much unwanted.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

What is the love affair over Branch??? He is NOT the guy who won SB MVP. That was LONG ago. He's been hurt. He's also a slot guy, which w/Welker & Edelman, I think we're good there. I seriously hope they don't even sniff at Branch. Taking back TBC was a good idea, Branch is NOT

Sections
Shortcuts