PATS: CHEAP AND DISLOYAL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: PATS: CHEAP AND DISLOYAL

In Response to Re: PATS: CHEAP AND DISLOYAL:
    BB's disloyalty and low-balling Welker is more about proving a point.  He wants his team to know that they are not allowed to drop passes, talk to the media or have any original thought or personality.
    Posted by JetMangione

Hows all that personality YOUR stinking low life team have working for them, you smegma munching moron?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

If you're talking about Jeremy Jacobs' and Harry Sinden's Boston Bruins prior to the NHL salary cap, then I'd say cheap and disloyal are apt adjectives.

If you're talking about Bob Kraft's and Bill Belichick's NE Patriots, think again.

They're not cheap--they spend up to within $1M or $2M of the salary cap limit just about every season. That myth (pushed by some anti-BB agenda "journalists" in the local media) was dispelled long ago.

They're not disloyal either--they usually (but not all the time) dole out money based not on the player, but on the position he plays.

It's clear by looking through their history since BB and Kraft have worked together that they don't value the WR position as much as other teams (rightly so in my opinion). They did pay Randy Moss in 2008, but he was coming off an historic season and, quite frankly, Wes Welker on his very best day will never be close to what Randy Moss was on his very best day. They traded Deion Branch and let David Givens walk after the 2005 season, too, because their history shows that they don't value the WR position as much as other teams.

On the other hand, they gave Seymour two nice contracts before trading him away near the end of his career; they took care of Bruschi and Harrison right through the end of their careers; they took care of Matt Light, too, right through the end of his career. Oh, and Tom Brady has received two very fat deals since 2005.

And honestly, if the salary cap were not a consideration, does anyone really think that BB would have let guys like Law and Milloy and Branch go? It's got to be almost as painful for him to release or deal those guys as it is for the players to be released or dealt.

It is, unfortunately, the nature of the NFL in the salary cap era. You can't keep everybody and you can't tie-up your salary cap with 4 or 5 big contracts as you scramble to find quality players, and depth, to fill out the rest of your roster (look at the Colts, who did that for years and years with their cap and have just one lucky, refs-aided Lombardi Trophy to show for it).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I'm going to laugh when the Giants do the exact same thing to Victor Cruz in a few years.  Get off your high horse.  How many players are the Giants paying 10 million a year?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "PATS: CHEAP AND DISLOYAL":
    spin it any which way you like, the Welker screw job says it all, both the fanchise tag and especially the lower offer after he signs! really, i'm glad he didn't catch that ball in the sb b/c bb and kraft don't deserve the lombardi...hope he leaves after this year and returns to beat you guys out rooting for bb and kraft strikes me at times as rooting for an ice cube...certainly glad i don't Posted by JintsFan
    Right. I'm sure the idea that Kraft didn't deserve the trophy is the main reason you're glad Welker didn't catch the ball. That mean if Kraft was more loyal you'd have rooted for the Pats? Get real. This is the post of a Giants fan who is rendered terribly insecure (despite a SB win last year) by the fact that you know your team has been stripped down, is unlikely to do as well in a much improved East, and definitely won't be winning the SB again anytime soon. The ride is over.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Still can't figure out why you are on this board--the only answer I could come up with is you were dropped on your head as an infant----please do us all a favor and get LOST!In Response to PATS: CHEAP AND DISLOYAL:
    spin it any which way you like, the Welker screw job says it all, both the fanchise tag and especially the lower offer after he signs! really, i'm glad he didn't catch that ball in the sb b/c bb and kraft don't deserve the lombardi...hope he leaves after this year and returns to beat you guys out rooting for bb and kraft strikes me at times as rooting for an ice cube...certainly glad i don't
    Posted by JintsFan

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Jintsfan-  lost AND stupid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: PATS: CHEAP AND DISLOYAL : Hows all that personality YOUR stinking low life team have working for them, you smegma munching moron?
    Posted by Davedsone

OK cyber tough guy. In reality, Jints could probably shake you like Jake. Ignore him and cut the Crusty tendencies. It sounds more like you're describing yourself. Ignore button or just keep reading his opinions because you really want to.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I'm going to laugh when the Giants do the exact same thing to Victor Cruz in a few years.  Get off your high horse.  How many players are the Giants paying 10 million a year?
    Posted by pcmIV

Hasn't this been the premise that BB has live and died with all these years. Pay less and try to cultivate  players suitable for his system? He seems to lose the majority of those risks while Coughlin has had more success and luck in acquiring guys that best fits his system. Maybe he attends church Sundays.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from will71. Show will71's posts

jacobs jacobs anyone !!! next will be cruz cruz anyone next to leave enjoy sf brandon now you dont have to start talking crap half way thru the season about money and u dont have to call coaches on other ny teams names anymore boy if thats not ...........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In Response to Re: PATS: CHEAP AND DISLOYAL : OK cyber tough guy. In reality, Jints could probably shake you like Jake. Ignore him and cut the Crusty tendencies. It sounds more like you're describing yourself. Ignore button or just keep reading his opinions because you really want to.
    Posted by GEAUX-TIGRES

Why dont you go away and shut the fok up.

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts