Pats = Class of the NFL

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

Re: Pats = Class of the NFL

Since he is on ignore,  I can't see what he wrote.  However, I agree with the title and it is because of Brady.  Oh, and also Belichek.

SLGDEV/sheldong/sheldonlg

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Kraft has a lot to do with it as well. Going to enjoy these last few years this trio is together because we may never see a owner/coach/quarterback combo like this ever again. It really is something special. Now hopefully they get the elusive 4th ring to put a bow on this modern dynasty. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

Kraft has a lot to do with it as well. Going to enjoy these last few years this trio is together because we may never see a owner/coach/quarterback combo like this ever again. It really is something special. Now hopefully they get the elusive 4th ring to put a bow on this modern dynasty. 

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Might as well get the unsportsmanlikes out of the way now bill. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

But, but I'm a good poster!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to SLGDEV's comment:

Since he is on ignore,  I can't see what he wrote.  However, I agree with the title and it is because of Brady.  Oh, and also Belichek.

Not just BB and TB. There is:

1) a solid O line with THREE good tackles (do not underestimate that insurance)

2) Gronk (the Megatron of TEs)

3) A bunch of solid WRs (no all worlds here but JE is very good, DA is good, Dobson should be solid with a lot of upside, KT is the new version of Branch, LaFell adds a solid player with size and different skill set more like Givens was, some real good question marks in Tyms! and maybe Boyce). TB needs a bunch of good targets not just one all world guy. Recall the SB winning years when we had Brown, Branch, Givens, Patten!!!

4) A bunch of good RBs with diverse skills (Ridley, Vereen, White, Bolden.... Maybe even Gray)

The above results in the MOST versitile offense in the top 5 offenses in the league especially if Gronk is on the field

5) one of the three best secondaries in the league and possibly the best. In a passing league this is huge.

6) a strong group of 3 starting LBs plus a quality 4th (Anderson) who adds needed skills

7) A solid D line (if not decimated by injuries) with some very real strong upside once Easley has his position under his belt (that will take say 6 to 12 games I think). Easley could be the Chandler Jones of DTs. That would be realllly fine if Vinny and Kelly are themselves. And dont underestimate that value of a solid though not spectacular player like Nink. When playing with some real good players like we now have his solid and smart play becomes a difference maker.

So enough of the TB and BB. We have a football team. THat is why BB spreads the money around. So we have 53 guys who all contribute...

Oh I forget STs... Good kicker, good punter (in spite of last week) good coverage teams, good PR. I am not sure if we will be good or simply average in KOR this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Yeah, I have Hamas on ignore also.  Maybe he can learn from his own cut and paste thread and try emulating BB and Bob and become a class act himself. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Thank god for Brady.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

More evidence that no one does it better. Thanks again to Mr. Kraft and BB:

"Parry enjoyed being around the Patriots last week, in part because of the teaching environment created by Belichick. We don't often hear from referees, so the perspective was interesting to me. "The ownership, the coaching staff and the organization has a history of creating a culture, and when you come here, you feel it. Everything is done right from the moment you get here -- from the locker room, how we're treated, security, to communication on the field," he said. Those remarks came before Belichick was hit with an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty Friday night, but we don't suspect Parry would be changing his tune regardless."

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4766386/quick-hit-thoughts-around-nfl-patriots-23" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4766386/quick-hit-thoughts-around-nfl-patriots-23

the only "class" that hasn't won a title in a decade

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

"Parry enjoyed being around the Patriots last week, in part because of the teaching environment created by Belichick. We don't often hear from referees, so the perspective was interesting to me. "The ownership, the coaching staff and the organization has a history of creating a culture, and when you come here, you feel it. Everything is done right from the moment you get here -- from the locker room, how we're treated, security, to communication on the field," he said. Those remarks came before Belichick was hit with an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty Friday night, but we don't suspect Parry would be changing his tune regardless."

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4766386/quick-hit-thoughts-around-nfl-patriots-23" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4766386/quick-hit-thoughts-around-nfl-patriots-23" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4766386/quick-hit-thoughts-around-nfl-patriots-23

Best GM in the history of the NFL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TheRealBustchise's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4766386/quick-hit-thoughts-around-nfl-patriots-23" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4766386/quick-hit-thoughts-around-nfl-patriots-23" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4766386/quick-hit-thoughts-around-nfl-patriots-23" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4766386/quick-hit-thoughts-around-nfl-patriots-23" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4766386/quick-hit-thoughts-around-nfl-patriots-23

Best GM in the history of the NFL.

gee and I thought Seattle were defending champions...Pats MAY be class of the mediocre AFC

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am really happy we have a classy bunch here. I definitely want the refs to feel comfortable, secure and be treated with the utmost respect. 

But we want more SB's. We want more SB's. We want more SB's. Thats the grading curve. did the Pats win the SB last year? no. then last year was a failure. I dont care that they won the division. I dont care about the injuries. I dont care if they were classy and Elway was not. I dont want to "be in a position to win the SB"  every year. I want to win it every year.

I am a season ticket holder and support the team to the hilt. I would accept a RS situation with the team winning 3 SB's in a decade with some down years mixed in.

for what its worth, there are a few people who feel RK hasnt always been classy. There a quite a bit more that a few who think BB is not classy at all. I have yet to come across anyone, anyone, who feels TB is not the utmost in class... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

What are some of you reading? I read this as saying they operate a first class organization, not that they're the classiest individuals or that they win every Super Bowl. They may be a-holes, but they run a tight ship, do things right. Steve Jobs was a dick, but his company was kick a-ss. Nice guys usually suck at running companies.

Winning Super Bowls is a product of a lot of things, including luck. Only a few teams have had sustained excellence for a decade or more, where they're in the hunt every single year. Even fewer have the type of stability that this franchise appears to have. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

What are some of you reading? I read this as saying they operate a first class organization, not that they're the classiest individuals or that they win every Super Bowl. They may be a-holes, but they run a tight ship, do things right. Steve Jobs was a dick, but his company was kick a-ss. Nice guys usually suck at running companies.

Winning Super Bowls is a product of a lot of things, including luck. Only a few teams have had sustained excellence for a decade or more, where they're in the hunt every single year. Even fewer have the type of stability that this franchise appears to have. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

I agree with Muzz 100% as do most Pats fans. 

Rusty, you take a lot of abuse as you deserve to the utmost. You are arrogant snotty, childish, and annoying but this is a great thread and absolutely true. Thank you Kraft, BB, Tom Brady, and the many great coaches and players that have helped shape this dynasty.

Only whiners would complain about this team and not winning another super bowl, super bowl, super bowl. Great football team and great leaders. 

Go Pats!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Thats the grading curve. did the Pats win the SB last year? no. then last year was a failure. 

So every year 31 teams are a failure?  Wow!  I say that any team that makes the playoffs had a successful year.  That means 12 teams each year were successful and 20 were failures.  If GM and Ford each showed record profits last year, but Ford's were greater, does that mean that GM had a failure of a year?

Man, rkarp, you are so spoiled by thirteen years of either winning the division or tying for the division lead as to not really understand that only ONE team can win it all in any given year.  These thirteen years, INCLUDING the last nine, have been the most enjoyable (except for a very few earlier ones) for me in the 46 years I have been a Patriots fan (when we moved to Massachusetts at age 26.)  I am very thankful, not spoiled.

Looking forward towards another great year which hopefully ends with another SB.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Very true stuff.  And of course, leave it to rkarp to be the wet blanket on this thread.  My God, man.  You need to lighten up and smile once in a while.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I am really happy we have a classy bunch here. I definitely want the refs to feel comfortable, secure and be treated with the utmost respect. 

But we want more SB's. We want more SB's. We want more SB's. Thats the grading curve. did the Pats win the SB last year? no. then last year was a failure. I dont care that they won the division. I dont care about the injuries. I dont care if they were classy and Elway was not. I dont want to "be in a position to win the SB"  every year. I want to win it every year.

I am a season ticket holder and support the team to the hilt. I would accept a RS situation with the team winning 3 SB's in a decade with some down years mixed in.

for what its worth, there are a few people who feel RK hasnt always been classy. There a quite a bit more that a few who think BB is not classy at all. I have yet to come across anyone, anyone, who feels TB is not the utmost in class... 

I don't know of a single person that actually knows BB and isn't in the media or an opponent that thinks BB is not a classy person.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Thats the grading curve. did the Pats win the SB last year? no. then last year was a failure. 

So every year 31 teams are a failure?  Wow!  I say that any team that makes the playoffs had a successful year.  That means 12 teams each year were successful and 20 were failures.  If GM and Ford each showed record profits last year, but Ford's were greater, does that mean that GM had a failure of a year?

Man, rkarp, you are so spoiled by thirteen years of either winning the division or tying for the division lead as to not really understand that only ONE team can win it all in any given year.  These thirteen years, INCLUDING the last nine, have been the most enjoyable (except for a very few earlier ones) for me in the 46 years I have been a Patriots fan (when we moved to Massachusetts at age 26.)  I am very thankful, not spoiled.

Looking forward towards another great year which hopefully ends with another SB.

[object HTMLDivElement]

+1

Sections
Shortcuts