Re: Pats = Class of the NFL
posted at 8/17/2014 11:51 AM EDT
In response to SLGDEV's comment:
Since he is on ignore, I can't see what he wrote. However, I agree with the title and it is because of Brady. Oh, and also Belichek.
Not just BB and TB. There is:
1) a solid O line with THREE good tackles (do not underestimate that insurance)
2) Gronk (the Megatron of TEs)
3) A bunch of solid WRs (no all worlds here but JE is very good, DA is good, Dobson should be solid with a lot of upside, KT is the new version of Branch, LaFell adds a solid player with size and different skill set more like Givens was, some real good question marks in Tyms! and maybe Boyce). TB needs a bunch of good targets not just one all world guy. Recall the SB winning years when we had Brown, Branch, Givens, Patten!!!
4) A bunch of good RBs with diverse skills (Ridley, Vereen, White, Bolden.... Maybe even Gray)
The above results in the MOST versitile offense in the top 5 offenses in the league especially if Gronk is on the field
5) one of the three best secondaries in the league and possibly the best. In a passing league this is huge.
6) a strong group of 3 starting LBs plus a quality 4th (Anderson) who adds needed skills
7) A solid D line (if not decimated by injuries) with some very real strong upside once Easley has his position under his belt (that will take say 6 to 12 games I think). Easley could be the Chandler Jones of DTs. That would be realllly fine if Vinny and Kelly are themselves. And dont underestimate that value of a solid though not spectacular player like Nink. When playing with some real good players like we now have his solid and smart play becomes a difference maker.
So enough of the TB and BB. We have a football team. THat is why BB spreads the money around. So we have 53 guys who all contribute...
Oh I forget STs... Good kicker, good punter (in spite of last week) good coverage teams, good PR. I am not sure if we will be good or simply average in KOR this year.