Pats/Colts, Brady/Manning: We Witness History Every Year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Pats/Colts, Brady/Manning: We Witness History Every Year

I hate the Jets. Don't really like the Dolphins. The Chargers are classy, but I can't stand them either. The Ravens? Big mouths.

But the Colts? I rout for them to lose every week. Not because I hate them, but because they pose the biggest threat to the Pats every year. I used to hate them when they got all the respect and the Pats didn't. But then things changed. The Pats got respect. Manning and the Colts started beating the Pats and won a Super Bowl. Now, the field is evened up a bit. And what we have is simply this:

The two best quarterbacks of this generation. Two of the three best organizations in football (the Steelers being the other). And they play each other every year. No one talks smack, everyone talks respect. Possible home field advantage on the line. Since 2003, this has been great - except for 2008 of course.

But here those two teams are again, and could it really be any better? Maybe if they were both undefeated, but 8-0 v. 6-2 will have to do.

Who will win? No clue. But here's to the greatest rivalry in football.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Pats/Colts, Brady/Manning: We Witness History Every Year

I love this rivalry too.  It just won't be the same after Brady and Manning leave the game.  Kind of like when Bird and Johnson retired, the Lakers Celtics rivalry hasn't been the same.  So yeah, let's enjoy it while it lasts.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

It's hard to give your take the objective credit it might or might not deserve when you start out with the premise that the Chargers are "classy."

I can think of a lot of words to describe a team that thinks it's perfectly okay for one of their players to taunt you with his little dance, but whine like little b*tches when someone walks into their house, smacks them around and mocks them with their own dance -- but "classy" is not one of them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Pats/Colts, Brady/Manning: We Witness History Every Year:
    [QUOTE]It's hard to give your take the objective credit it might or might not deserve when you start out with the premise that the Chargers are "classy." I can think of a lot of words to describe a team that thinks it's perfectly okay for one of their players to taunt you with his little dance, but whine like little b*tches when someone walks into their house, smacks them around and mocks them with their own dance -- but "classy" is not one of them.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Good catch, somehow I missed that.  Although the Chargers are not the trash talkers they used to be, they are still far from a classy team.  I have little doubt that their somewhat subdued behavior of late is merely the result of poor regular season performance and falling short every year.  Let them post a 14-2 record or win the SB and I'm sure they'll be full of themselves like before.  A shame.  They are a talented team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

In Response to Re: Pats/Colts, Brady/Manning: We Witness History Every Year:
    [QUOTE]It's hard to give your take the objective credit it might or might not deserve when you start out with the premise that the Chargers are "classy." I can think of a lot of words to describe a team that thinks it's perfectly okay for one of their players to taunt you with his little dance, but whine like little b*tches when someone walks into their house, smacks them around and mocks them with their own dance -- but "classy" is not one of them.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oakstreetfunding. Show oakstreetfunding's posts

The two best quarterbacks of this generation. Two of the three best organizations in football (the Steelers being the other). And they play each other every year. No one talks smack, everyone talks respect"

Good post.  Uncharacteristic of most Pats Fans (on this board) but refreshing to read. 

Sections
Shortcuts