Re: Pats' Contemplating a Trade?

In response to nyjetsssucc's comment:

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Obviously he went cheap and used undrafted unicorns.

Laughing

How about the two great leaders of the NY Jets, Mark Sanchez (BUTTFUMBLE I) and Geno Smith (BUTTFUMBLE II) ???

HIYA Doooooosh Spotter....LMFAO @ U

Bustchise/Uncle Rico/Fletcherbrook/section136/phatrex/fatsam/whodeawhodat/BungaloBill/DontQuestionBB are all the same Jet Troll...BEWARE OF THE FAILURE THAT HE BRINGSSSSSSS, AFTER ALL, HE'S A JETS FAN......BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

It is funny to see how Bustchise is in the heads of nyjetssucc and rusty.  He has really done a number on them.

How about the two great leaders of the NY Jets, Mark Sanchez (BUTTFUMBLE I) and Geno Smith (BUTTFUMBLE II) ???

Bustchise/Uncle Rico/Fletcherbrook/section136/phatrex/fatsam/whodeawhodat/BungaloBill/DontQuestionBB are all the same Jet Troll...BEWARE OF THE FAILURE THAT HE BRINGSSSSSSS, AFTER ALL, HE'S A JETS FAN......BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

It is funny to see how Bustchise is in the heads of nyjetssucc and rusty.  He has really done a number on them.

Now you added a picture!  Thank You!  You just made my point!

It is funny to see how Bustchise is in the heads of nyjetssucc and rusty.  He has really done a number on them.  I'm not even him yet they keep thinking I am.  He is really in their heads deep and continue to prove it by think I am him.  WOW!  I can not believe they would let someone get to them so bad.  What mental midgets they are.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE'

In response to mthurl's comment:...

Yeah but admit it, you think unicorns are going to help us win another super bowl. I buy that you don't think the football is filled with cotton candy, but I know you think a giant unicorn is going to fill right in for Wilfork (instead of that free agent we could of signed when we had the chance). Problem is...we have to feed that unicorn, that will take some cap dollars...good thing we have plenty of that left. Bill Belichick laying in the weeds! The warnings were out people! Plenty of hay to go around. 

I think I have it now. Is this it?: One camp thinks BB bases his offseason roster construction on advice from unicorns, and the other thinks there was some mystical unnamed free agent defensive tackle that they could have signed that would have saved the day and sealed the Super Bowl. Is that about right?

They signed Armstead, who was the subject of desire of several teams, and Tommy Kelly. But it was the one that got away, whoever that guy is, that is the problem. Because even though Wilfork has been about as durable as anybody in the league, clearly the unicorns should have foreseen that he'd tear his Achilles. 

[/UNQUOTE]

Ever consider hosting one of the Sunday morning talk shows (Meet the Press, This Week, Face the Nation)?  I ask because you've pretty much summed it up without eating up a whole lot of air time; an anomally on this board.

I do have to chuckle at the apparent all-he-would-have-had-to-do mentality that suggests if BB had the 'solution' had he not been so blind to it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Yeah but admit it, you think unicorns are going to help us win another super bowl. I buy that you don't think the football is filled with cotton candy, but I know you think a giant unicorn is going to fill right in for Wilfork (instead of that free agent we could of signed when we had the chance). Problem is...we have to feed that unicorn, that will take some cap dollars...good thing we have plenty of that left. Bill Belichick laying in the weeds! The warnings were out people! Plenty of hay to go around. 

I think I have it now. Is this it?: One camp thinks BB bases his offseason roster construction on advice from unicorns, and the other thinks there was some mystical unnamed free agent defensive tackle that they could have signed that would have saved the day and sealed the Super Bowl. Is that about right?

They signed Armstead, who was the subject of desire of several teams, and Tommy Kelly. But it was the one that got away, whoever that guy is, that is the problem. Because even though Wilfork has been about as durable as anybody in the league, clearly the unicorns should have foreseen that he'd tear his Achilles. 

c'mon Muzzy, thats lame even from you. This DT rotation was counting on 2 guys on the wrong side of 30, with one of them reaching 375 lbs and having played 80% of all defensive snaps 2 years running. And Armstead had surgery in June with the medical staff knowing it was a long recovery (maybe season ending). this team had numerous opportunities to secure a number of DT's for purposes of depth, rather than having to count on 2 UDFA's to hope and pray they can keep the train rolling into the playoffs. 32 teams, including tha Pats thought so little of Vellano, he wasnt drafted. 32 teams thought so little of Jones, we lasted until the 6th round, and the team that did draft him, then cut him. Can these guys develop into valuable players? of course...but today they both should be on the PS, not getting serious snap counts while the team is chasing another SB

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Your point gets kinda foggy when you try to use colorful metaphors.  Using the statement above would have cut to the case a lot sooner.  Who knows why BB didn't go after DTs.  Look what he did a couple of years ago when he cut a bunch of CBs just before the season started and then cut a bunch of safties in the middle of the season.  Who does that?  BB has a unique way of going about his business that's for sure.  I do agree with you that the Pats did go into the season short on DTs and don't have a clue as to why it wasn't addressed. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

Looks like BB should get some new Unicorns.

[QUOTE]

Obviously he went cheap and used undrafted unicorns.

Maybe, he plans on going in a different direction all together.  Instead of unicorns, he's going to bring in a couple of top end garden gnomes!  Think of the possibilities.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

It was addressed as well as it could be. They already had Vince signed for $10.6 million, added Tommy Kelly for $2 million and Armstead for the minimum $405,000, plus had Deadrick and Forston and whoever else from last year. Thats $13 million on 3 guys (plus the cost of the others), 10% of the salary cap. They also have Jones and Vellano on the roster for another $810, 000. That puts the total close to $14 million. Maybe they should have done to Vince what they have done to TFB so many times and restructured him down to $4-5 million, then they could have signed an extra guy or two for that position. This belief that you should have all-pro + backup all-pro at every position just doesn't add up when you factor in the salary cap. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

It was addressed as well as it could be. They already had Vince signed for $10.6 million, added Tommy Kelly for $2 million and Armstead for the minimum $405,000, plus had Deadrick and Forston and whoever else from last year. Thats $13 million on 3 guys (plus the cost of the others), 10% of the salary cap. They also have Jones and Vellano on the roster for another $810, 000. That puts the total close to $14 million. Maybe they should have done to Vince what they have done to TFB so many times and restructured him down to $4-5 million, then they could have signed an extra guy or two for that position. This belief that you should have all-pro + backup all-pro at every position just doesn't add up when you factor in the salary cap. 

It was addressed as well as it could be? You talking this offseason? Or last's? Or the year before? Because if you start with this off season we went out and signed a 33 year old defensive tackle coming off a bad season for a million and a half bucks...so far so good, although I wonder how his 33 year old legs are going to like being the only big guy on defense. And we also signed a undrafted kid from Canada with a heart condition, who managed to get himself an infection that was so serious that it put him in a hospital and out of football for the past 6 months.

And if we are talking about last season, we went into that off season with 26 million to spend and placed - defensive tackle upgrade - as the top priority (five seconds after free agency began we called Red Bryant...low balled him, and then had to settle on Jonathan Fenene). Now Jonathan Fenene may just be the worst signing we have ever made (aside from handing Hernandez 45 million), because Fenene got home sick...he started out fine in camp for a few days...got some decent pass rush push...was being talked about highly, then went down with knee inflamation. The coaching staff eventually told him to go home - where he never came back - the guy went AWOL. It was said he had tendonitis in his kness - which I'm sure he did - but you can't tell me there aren't a hundred guys in the NFL who play with this condition every single week. His ex coach came out and said he wasn't surprised it didn't work out because little Johny is a little bit different (small town guy, likes to be in his comfort zone...he was surprised the guy went to NE).

And of course you can go back two years ago where we traded for Albert Haynesworth and then threw 8 million at a washed up Shaun Ellis. And let's not get into the fact that we have not drafted a defensive tackle in years (well there is Ron Brace, but let's not go there). Now maybe if we didn't have to draft 8 million corners and safeties the last 5 years we may of been able to get our hands on a young defensive tackle to take some of the load off of Wilfork, but as of right now it appears our line is in danger of being trampled by dwarfs--Spinal Tap.

You know something? I love Belichick, I really do, but there has been some real real real head scratching events that have transpired over the last five years in free agency. Now if I ever ran into a fan of another team I'd deny that, but here I feel it's alright to discuss it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

BB puts a value on each position and addresses it accordingly. Maybe this offseason he knew the strength of the front 7 this year was DE and LB, so he went light on DT/NG. Other than Hanesworth, every guy you mentioned on here as thought of as a 'good signing' at the time. Fanene hid an injury to sign his deal, people thought Ellis had one more year in him (he had 10 sacks the year before). You need 53+ guys to build a roster with depth, not 6 highly paid stars and a bunch of nobodies. I'm not saying BB has been perfect in his approach, but the Pats are one of only a couple of teams that have a legitimate chance to be in the hunt for a Superbowl every year. He gets the most out of the players he has, and is smart enough to dump the ones who no longer can play, even if it costs them $$. You can beyotch all you want that this guy or that guy should have been signed, but until you context it around the salary cap and the other ramifications that has, it is meaningless. Red Bryant signed a mega deal, cap hits of $4 million (2012), $7.6 million, $8.5 million, $7 million, and $8 million (2016). Add those numbers to Wiforks average of around $10 million, and you are paying $16- $18 million for two DTs. Then you have to look at who wouldn't be here because of those dollars spent. As I said above, you can't have all-pros everywhere with superstar backups. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE] 

...there is you who thinks the Patriots play with footballs that are stuffed with cotton candy and little unicorns will carry them to another Super Bowl! Yay! Look at those unicorns go!

RESPONSE: 

You'll see green alligators and long-necked geese
    Some humpty backed camels and some chimpanzees
    Some cats and rats and elephants, but sure as you're born
    You're never gonna see no unicorns 

LOL!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts