Pats' Contemplating a Trade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Pats' Contemplating a Trade?

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

PATRIOTS' FRIDAY PRACTICE REPORT Player Ps. Injury Friday Participation Game Status Stevan Ridley RB Knee DNP OUT Matthew Slater WR Wrist Limited Doubtful Danny Amendola WR Groin Limited Questionable Brandon Bolden RB Knee Limited Questionable Aaron Dobson WR Neck Limited Questionable Rob Gronkowski TE Back/Forearm Limited Questionable Dont'a Hightower LB Knee Limited Questionable Jerod Mayo LB Ankle Limited Questionable Kenbrell Thompkins WR Shoulder Limited Questionable Sebastian Vollmer OL Foot Limited Questionable Leon Washington RB Thigh Limited Questionable Tavon Wilson S Hamstring Limited Questionable Kyle Arrington CB Groin Full Probable Will Svitek OL Knee Full Probable

RESPONSE: Wasn't aware that Hightower was nicked up, too. Wow...what a mess!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

I don't think it's a trade.  I think BB is creating space to bring in practice squad players (from our practice squad or from other teams' practice squads) or free agents to fill holes created by injuries.  We've got a lot of injured backs, receivers, and TEs.  If those guys can't go, BB may be forced to pull in guys like Quentin Sims or George Winn or similar players from other teams' practice squads or off the street. 

Could be. But, if DT Marcus Forston wasn't brought up from the practice squad by now, one has to wonder if he has what it takes. Is Armstead ready to return? With suddenly all the injuries at RB, a George Winn return, as you suggest, is also a possibility. 

Honestly, I'm not totally convinced a DT is coming for Sunday's game.  They may go with just Kelly, C Jones, and Vellano.  If they bring someone up from the PS, they may wait to the last minute just to keep the Bengals guessing, and it could be AJ Francis, Forsten, or both.  My guess though is BB is waiting to see how his skill players look before making any moves.  If enough are hurt, he could bring in two skill guys for Sunday and no DTs.  Or he could surprise us all and elevate Davis again to be a replacement gunner for Slater.  

I don't think Armstead can return yet.  If I'm not mistaken, the rules for the NFI list are the same as for the PUP list.  So after week six is the earliest he can return. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

I do not see a trade of any kind happening.  And why now are we talking about Vincent Jackson?  He has a huge price tag on him, doesn't he? 

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

[QUOTE]

I am kind of glad a cartoon head doesnt agree with me ever...makes me feel that I am correct most of the time when I know you disagree

No its just that you and your minion mthurley are overly dramatic trolls that tend to be overly negative in everything you post! As quagmire would say "eat it!

[/QUOTE]

Why is discussing, speculating and sometimes disagreeing with decisions regrading roster management, which includes free agency and the draft construed as negative?

I have been very complimentary and in complete agreement with game plans this season, almost every coaching decision made, and how well the team is playing. I was very upbeat in camp regarding most every player other than AWilson, Ballard and Bequette. 

My criticism has been with roster management. I feel the team is very young and has less depth than seasons past due to the youth and inexperience. Sure, this most likely is due to the lack of options the team has next year due to the Hern situation, but I felt with Ras, Mesko, Benard, Fells and some others, decisions were made with more an eye on next year than this year. I have also been critical of how the team handled the Hern situation. I still contend I am right in my opinion, and that BB and Kraft are not completely coming clean on what they we're told, what they knew, and how this came to the point it did. 

Almost everything on the field, and with the coaching itself, I have been extremely positive. Please clarify your comment on how and where you sense negativity? 

Lastly, try to use "overly" less often

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Before the New England Patriots play a game, we'll attempt to predict the team's inactive players.

Our best guess on the list for Sunday's road game against the Cincinnati Bengals:

Chris Barker: Developmental rookie guard was a healthy scratch last week now that veteran Will Svitek, who had been battling a knee injury, is healthy enough to dress.

Steve Beauharnais: Rookie linebacker has been a healthy scratch the last three games.

Jake Bequette: Second-year defensive end was inactive last week as rookie Michael Buchanan is ahead of him on the depth chart.

Aaron Dobson: Rookie receiver took a big hit in Sunday night's game against the Falcons, injuring his neck. He's been limited in practice, and we wonder if the Patriots would have signed Austin Collie if they felt Dobson was ready to go.

Rob Gronkowski: Tight end has been making positive strides, but if this is mostly about his comfort level, perhaps they'll wait another week so he can have his first game at home.

Stevan Ridley: Running back has already been ruled out with a knee injury, meaning LeGarrette Blount almost certainly steps into the No. 1 role.

Matthew Slater: Special-teams captain returned to practice Friday for the first time since injuring his left wrist, and was sporting a black cast. He is officially doubtful.

Extra point: The Patriots have two open roster spots, which are likely to be filled with practice squad promotions. Our best guess: DT Marcus Forston and S Kanorris Davis.

"The worse New England has gotten on defense, the better Brady has been forced to become -- with 109 touchdowns, 20 interceptions and a 39-9 record the past three seasons. "

CLARK JUDGE______7/13/13_____________________________________

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Honestly, I'm not totally convinced a DT is coming for Sunday's game.  They may go with just Kelly, C Jones, and Vellano.  If they bring someone up from the PS, they may wait to the last minute just to keep the Bengals guessing, and it could be AJ Francis, Forsten, or both.  My guess though is BB is waiting to see how his skill players look before making any moves.  If enough are hurt, he could bring in two skill guys for Sunday and no DTs.  Or he could surprise us all and elevate Davis again to be a replacement gunner for Slater.  

I don't think Armstead can return yet.  If I'm not mistaken, the rules for the NFI list are the same as for the PUP list.  So after week six is the earliest he can return. 

No...of course the Pats aren't going to make a huge move in time for Sundays' game in Cincinnati. They're going to see what the Jones kid can do. But...it's obvious that they lack quality depth at DT, and could use some additional help at WR. My guess is that what happens this week, and next week against the Saints, will have an big impact on what BB decides to do.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

And then on the flip side there is you who thinks the Patriots play with footballs that are stuffed with cotton candy and little unicorns will carry them to another Super Bowl! Yay! Look at those unicorns go!

No Hurly, thats where your wrong (again). I dont think the Pats or BB are perfect. However, having lived thru the horrible years, I am enjoying "the good old days" now while we are living them! Not everything has to be so darn dramatic or negative. Lighten up and enjoy these days while you can. In a few years you and Rkrap will have plenty to commiserate about!

Yeah but admit it, you think unicorns are going to help us win another super bowl. I buy that you don't think the football is filled with cotton candy, but I know you think a giant unicorn is going to fill right in for Wilfork (instead of that free agent we could of signed when we had the chance). Problem is...we have to feed that unicorn, that will take some cap dollars...good thing we have plenty of that left. Bill Belichick laying in the weeds! The warnings were out people! Plenty of hay to go around.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Yeah but admit it, you think unicorns are going to help us win another super bowl. I buy that you don't think the football is filled with cotton candy, but I know you think a giant unicorn is going to fill right in for Wilfork (instead of that free agent we could of signed when we had the chance). Problem is...we have to feed that unicorn, that will take some cap dollars...good thing we have plenty of that left. Bill Belichick laying in the weeds! The warnings were out people! Plenty of hay to go around. 

Don't see the Pats being a serious SB contender without Vince anchoring the interior of the defense. The Pats need to bring in some quality talent to help fill the void.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I think I have it now. Is this it?: One camp thinks BB bases his offseason roster construction on advice from unicorns, and the other thinks there was some mystical unnamed free agent defensive tackle that they could have signed that would have saved the day and sealed the Super Bowl. Is that about right?

They signed Armstead, who was the subject of desire of several teams, and Tommy Kelly. But it was the one that got away, whoever that guy is, that is the problem. Because even though Wilfork has been about as durable as anybody in the league, clearly the unicorns should have foreseen that he'd tear his Achilles. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

I think I have it now. Is this it?: One camp thinks BB bases his offseason roster construction on advice from unicorns, and the other thinks there was some mystical unnamed free agent defensive tackle that they could have signed that would have saved the day and sealed the Super Bowl. Is that about right?

They signed Armstead, who was the subject of desire of several teams, and Tommy Kelly. But it was the one that got away, whoever that guy is, that is the problem. Because even though Wilfork has been about as durable as anybody in the league, clearly the unicorns should have foreseen that he'd tear his Achilles. 

Looks like BB should get some new Unicorns.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Obviously he went cheap and used undrafted unicorns.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LMAO

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Noticed a bunch of deleted posts above. Has Rusty gotten the axe from the Mods again?? LOL!!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Laughing

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to nyjetsssucc's comment:

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

Laughing

How about the two great leaders of the NY Jets, Mark Sanchez (BUTTFUMBLE I) and Geno Smith (BUTTFUMBLE II) ???

HIYA Doooooosh Spotter....LMFAO @ U

Bustchise/Uncle Rico/Fletcherbrook/section136/phatrex/fatsam/whodeawhodat/BungaloBill/DontQuestionBB are all the same Jet Troll...BEWARE OF THE FAILURE THAT HE BRINGSSSSSSS, AFTER ALL, HE'S A JETS FAN......BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

It is funny to see how Bustchise is in the heads of nyjetssucc and rusty.  He has really done a number on them.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Laughing

How about the two great leaders of the NY Jets, Mark Sanchez (BUTTFUMBLE I) and Geno Smith (BUTTFUMBLE II) ???

HIYA Doooooosh Spotter....LMFAO @ U

Bustchise/Uncle Rico/Fletcherbrook/section136/phatrex/fatsam/whodeawhodat/BungaloBill/DontQuestionBB are all the same Jet Troll...BEWARE OF THE FAILURE THAT HE BRINGSSSSSSS, AFTER ALL, HE'S A JETS FAN......BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

It is funny to see how Bustchise is in the heads of nyjetssucc and rusty.  He has really done a number on them.