Pats Could Score Big in Second Round

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Pats Could Score Big in Second Round

Drafting a CB in round one was a surprise, but, as several posters have pointed out, the alleged "pass-rushers" available in this draft may be over-rated. For example, if Sergio Kindle was so great a pass-rusher, why wasn't he scooped up in round one? Vernon Gholston, anyone? 

Here's my Round Two Mock Draft:

33.) St. Louis Rams: DE Everson Griffin, USC: Griffin has pass-rush potential. Rams DE Leonard Little is 36 years old;

34.) Minnesota Vikings: DT Brian Price, UCLA: Aging Minnesota DT Pat Williams may soon retire. Price will be waiting in the wings;

35.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: WR Golden Tate, Notre Dame: The Bucs need a big-play WR, now that WR Michael Clayton left through free agency;

36.) Kansas City Chiefs: OT Rodger Saffold, Indiana: Scott Pioli hopes he finds his Matt Light...a LT who can man the position for 8-10 years;

37.) Philadelphia Eagles: DE Carlos Dunlap, Florida: Eagles gamble that they can light a fire under Dunlap...who has all-world talent, but also is an all-world loafer;

38.) Cleveland Browns: QB Colt McCoy, Texas: Mike Holgrem may view McCoy as another Drew Brees, or (gulp) Joe Montana. McCoy can be extremely accurate and effective in a West Coast offensive scheme;

39.) Oakland Raiders: OT Charles Brown, USC: The Raiders choose to fill a huge void at LT, rather than admit their JaMarcus Russell mistake, and draft Jimmy Clausen;

40.) Miami Dolphins: NT Terrence Cody, Alabama: Bill Parcels finds a huge anchor for his 3-4 defense;

41.) Buffalo Bills: QB Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame: The Bills were rumored to have heatedly pursued Florida QB, Tim Tebow...only to be beaten out by the Broncos. They're relieved that Clausen has fallen so far;

42.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: CB Jerome Murphy, South Florida: Star CB Rhonde Barber is 34 years old...and the Bucs lack depth in their secondary;

43.) Baltimore Ravens: S Taylor Mays, USC:  Even Ed Reed gets old;

44.) New England Patriots: DE/OLB Koa Misa, Utah: BB hopes that Misa provides part of the answer to his team's pass-rush woes.

45.) Denver Broncos: OG Jon Asamoah, Illinois: Broncos need and get help on the OL;

46.) NY Giants: ILB Brandon Spikes, Florida: Giants need to find a replacement for Antonio Pierce;

47.) New England Patriots: WR Mardy Gilyard, Cincinnati: Patriots add a slot option, who will double as a dangerous kick returner.

48.) Carolina Panthers: WR Arrelious Benn, Illinois: Panthers Steve Smith receives some help;

49.) San Francisco 49ers: WR Jordan Shipley, Texas: Run on WRs...as the 49ers get help in the slot;

50.) Kansas City Chiefs: NT Cam Thomas, North Carolina: Scott Pioli finds his anchor for the 3-4;

51.) Houston Texans: CB Chris Cook, Virginia: Texans try to replace CB Dunta Robinson, who they lost through free agency;

52.) Pittsburgh Steelers: WR Damian Williams, USC: Steelers try to find a replacement for Santonio Holmes;

53.) New England Patriots: OT Jared Veldheer, Hillsdale: Surprise pick will hopefully pan out the way that Sebastien Vollmer appears to be. Will be groomed to take over at RT for Nick Kaczur...who will be moved inside to eventually replace the aging Stephen Neal;

54.) Cincinnati Bengals: DT Geno Atkins, Georgia: Bengals move to brace their interior line;

55.) Philadelphia Eagles: CB Brandon Ghee, Wake Forrest: Eagles suddenly getting old in the secondary;

56.) Green Bay Packers: CB Myron Lewis, Vanderbilt: Pack moves to bolster an aging secondary, as a run on CBs develops;

57.) Baltimore Ravens: DE Corey Wooton, Northwestern: Ravens move to replace DE Dwan Edwards, who left through free agency;

58.) Arizona Cardinals: OT Bruce Campbell, Maryland: Cards hope that the light goes on in Campbell's head...and that he works to take advantage of his immense physical gifts;

59.) Dallas Cowboys: FS Nate Allen, Florida: 'Boys move to upgrade their secondary;

60.) Seattle Seahawks: RB Joe McKnight, USC: Pete Carroll reaches for one of his own;

61.) NY Jets: S Reshard Jones, Georgia: To replace Kerry Rhodes;

62.) Minnesota Vikings: CB Amari Spievey, Iowa: Starting CB Cedric Griffin tore his ACL in the NFC Title loss to the Saints...and isn't scheduled to return til mid-October;

63.) Indianapolis Colts: OG/OT Zane Beadles, Utah: Colts need help on the interior of their OL;

64.) New Orleans Saints: LB Ricky Sapp, Clemson: Saints hope that Sapp will begin to take full advantage of his talents. 

THOUGHTS? Does this make any of you feel a bit better about the Pats' chances to improve through this draft?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: Pats Could Score Big in Second Round

Not bad. I'd prefer Benn over Gilyard but I really like the Veldheer pick. Some people need to calm down and realize the draft isn't even 1/3 of the way over. They are set to do damage the next two days.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Could Score Big in Second Round:
    Not bad. I'd prefer Benn over Gilyard but I really like the Veldheer pick. Some people need to calm down and realize the draft isn't even 1/3 of the way over. They are set to do damage the next two days.
    Posted by magicalhobo
    I also like Benn. He's a bigger receiver. I actually think they draft a TE at #44 and I think they do what everyone on this board loves so much at #47 and trade down again,something tells me that BB needs another 3rd and a 5th to make this his draft,and I mean he owns this draft if everything falls into place numerically speaking he just needs a sucker to come along and offer him the farm for either #44 or #47 and he can clean up in this draft.Because if there is one thing I'm sure of he can block all of the UDFA's from going to teams with specific needs by drafting them in the 7th round as they have 5 picks in round 7.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Pats Could Score Big in Second Round:
         Drafting a CB in round one was a surprise, but, as several posters have pointed out, the alleged "pass-rushers" available in this draft may be over-rated. For example, if Sergio Kindle was so great a pass-rusher, why wasn't he scooped up in round one? Vernon Gholston, anyone?       Here's my Round Two Mock Draft: 33.) St. Louis Rams: DE Everson Griffin, USC: Griffin has pass-rush potential. Rams DE Leonard Little is 36 years old; 34.) Minnesota Vikings: DT Brian Price, UCLA: Aging Minnesota DT Pat Williams may soon retire. Price will be waiting in the wings; 35.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: WR Golden Tate, Notre Dame: The Bucs need a big-play WR, now that WR Michael Clayton left through free agency; 36.) Kansas City Chiefs: OT Rodger Saffold, Indiana: Scott Pioli hopes he finds his Matt Light...a LT who can man the position for 8-10 years; 37.) Philadelphia Eagles: DE Carlos Dunlap, Florida: Eagles gamble that they can light a fire under Dunlap...who has all-world talent, but also is an all-world loafer; 38.) Cleveland Browns: QB Colt McCoy, Texas: Mike Holgrem may view McCoy as another Drew Brees, or (gulp) Joe Montana. McCoy can be extremely accurate and effective in a West Coast offensive scheme; 39.) Oakland Raiders: OT Charles Brown, USC: The Raiders choose to fill a huge void at LT, rather than admit their JaMarcus Russell mistake, and draft Jimmy Clausen; 40.) Miami Dolphins: OLB Sergio Kindle, Texas: Bill Parcells hopes that Kindle is as good a pass-rushing threat as advertised; 41.) Buffalo Bills: QB Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame: The Bills were rumored to have heatedly pursued Florida QB, Tim Tebow...only to be beaten out by the Broncos. They're relieved that Clausen has fallen so far; 42.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: CB Jerome Murphy, South Florida: Star CB Rhonde Barber is 34 years old...and the Bucs lack depth in their secondary; 43.) Baltimore Ravens: S Taylor Mays, USC:   Even Ed Reed gets old; 44.) New England Patriots: DE/OLB Koa Misa, Utah:  BB hopes that Misa provides part of the answer to his team's pass-rush woes. 45.) Denver Broncos: OG Jon Asamoah, Illinois: Broncos need and get help on the OL; 46.) NY Giants: ILB Brandon Spikes, Florida: Giants need to find a replacement for Antonio Pierce; 47.) New England Patriots: WR Mardy Gilyard, Cincinnati:  Patriots add a slot option, who will double as a dangerous kick returner. 48.) Carolina Panthers: WR Arrelious Benn, Illinois: Panthers Steve Smith with some help; 49.) San Francisco 49ers: WR Jordan Shipley, Texas:  Run on WRs...as the 49ers get help in the slot; 50.) Kansas City Chiefs: NT Terrence Cody, Alabama:  Scott Pioli fins his anchor for the 3-4; 51.) Houston Texans: CB Chris Cook, Virginia: Texans try to replace CB Dunta Robinson, who they lost through free agency; 52.) Pittsburgh Steelers: WR Damian Williams, USC: Steelers try to find a replacement for Santonio Holmes; 53.) New England Patriots: OT Jared Veldheer, Hillsdale: Surprise pick will hopefully pan out the way that Sebastien Vollmer appears to be. Will be groomed to take over at RT for Nick Kaczur...who will be moved inside to eventually replace the aging Stephen Neal; 54.) Cincinnati Bengals: DT Geno Atkins, Georgia: Bengals move to brace their interior line; 55.) Philadelphia Eagles: CB Brandon Ghee, Wake Forrest:  Eagles suddenly getting old in the secondary; 56.) Green Bay Packers: CB Myron Lewis, Vanderbilt: Pack moves to bolster an aging secondary, as a run on CBs develops; 57.) Baltimore Ravens: DE Corey Wooton, Northwestern:  Ravens move to replace DE Dwan Edwards, who left through free agency; 58.) Arizona Cardinals: OT Bruce Campbell, Maryland: Cards hope that the light goes on in Campbell's head...and that he works to take advantage of his immense physical gifts; 59.) Dallas Cowboys: FS Nate Allen, Florida: 'Boys move to upgrade their secondary; 60.) Seattle Seahawks: RB Joe McKnight, USC: Pete Carroll reaches for one of his own; 61.) NY Jets: S Reshard Jones, Georgia: To replace Kerry Rhodes; 62.) Minnesota Vikings: CB Amari Spievey, Iowa: Starting CB Cedric Griffin tore his ACL in the NFC Title loss to the Saints...and isn't scheduled to return til mid-October; 63.) Indianapolis Colts: OG/OT Zane Beadles, Utah: Colts need help on the interior of their OL; 64.) New Orleans Saints: LB Ricky Sapp, Clemson:  Saints hope that Sapp will begin to take full advantage of his talents.       THOUGHTS? Does this make any of you feel a bit better about the Pats' chances to improve through this draft?                         
    Posted by TexasPat3
    Pat I don't know if you knew this or not? But Sergio Kindle has 2 medical conditions which may preclude BB from drafting him,he is A.D.D. and he suffers from what is being described as Narcolepsy. I'm pretty sure those are the Red flags which stopped BB in his tracks from drafting him,at least as a first rounder.Quite possibly at all since you could just imagine the look on BB's face when Kindle came in from a play where he didn't know what his assignment was supposed to be and Kindle answered him by saying he either was sleeping during that class or that he wasn't paying attention to his instructions during that class...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I've seen where the Pats like Gilyard and Williams ahead of Benn, and they like Misi and Sapp.  It could easily close to what TP3 indicates.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowlick316. Show cowlick316's posts

i see mccluster in our future...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowlick316. Show cowlick316's posts

wr, te, de/olb in round 2.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

believe me, whatever you think they are going to do or probably should do they wont...I see a QB being picked next.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

believe me, whatever you think they are going to do or probably should do they wont...I see a QB being picked next.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx

well it's not going to be Tebow!!! LMCLAO!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BamaPat. Show BamaPat's posts

All of the players that would have a first-year, starter-type impact for the Pats in crucial/need positions are already gone or will be gone by the time their next pick at 44 comes up.

That includes: Tate, Benn, Kindle, Williams (the USC receiver), the LSU receiver, Sapp. The top OLB, ILB, and DE's that rush the passer are already gone.

BB will trade two of our three second rounders today, either to 3rd/4th rounders this year or to next year or a combination of the two.

And before you say the Pats can go up to top of second and get someone, remember that other teams know the Pats now have a very short list of players they can take and will demand a lot of compensation in return.

Plus, the teams at top of second round will be fielding big offers from teams trying to move up to get McCoy or Clausen so the price to move up will be higher than normal.

And, if Pats do use the three second rounders today, the second round has traditionally been very hot/cold for the us.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from reegz04. Show reegz04's posts

Pats will probably pick a punter next then trade the next 2nd rounder lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

The Pats could have had their 1st with one of their 2nd's.  So freakin sad!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I really HOPE they move up and get KINDLE.  WE ABSOLUTELY need a PASS Rush/OLB's on this team!  Now 'they' don't even have to pay him 1st rd $$...good bargain Pats...now GO FOR IT!  C'mon man!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

I would be very disappointed if that was to turn out to be the draft picks. 1 guy to help a pass rush that is aweful.  No inside linebacker help?

Does this mean that AD stays on the Pats this year as outside linebacker?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

I really HOPE they move up and get KINDLE.  WE ABSOLUTELY need a PASS Rush/OLB's on this team!  Now 'they' don't even have to pay him 1st rd $$...good bargain Pats...now GO FOR IT!  C'mon man!
    Posted by NOISE

The rumor of the day was that Kindle had microfracture surgery which might explain why his stock has fallen and might make him a risky pick.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

Pats couldn't score big in the first round what makes anyone think that BB will score in the second? This fat a s s buffoon is over the hill. Look at his play calling in the last couple years? He is out of his mind and the patriots are in big trouble.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Posted by patsfaninsatx

Ha, couldn't describe it better myself.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Pats couldn't score big in the first round what makes anyone think that BB will score in the second? This fat a s s buffoon is over the hill. Look at his play calling in the last couple years? He is out of his mind and the patriots are in big trouble.
    Posted by bosportfan

idiot or troll, take ur choice.  Watch football and get a clue. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Pats Could Score Big in Second Round: What this points out is the incredible depth of this draft. There are guys worthy of being Number Ones in previous years in the 50s this year. BB BETTER make things happen now.

Drafting a CB in round one was a surprise, but, as several posters have pointed out, the alleged "pass-rushers" available in this draft may be over-rated. For example, if Sergio Kindle was so great a pass-rusher, why wasn't he scooped up in round one? Vernon Gholston, anyone?       Here's my Round Two Mock Draft: 33.) St. Louis Rams: DE Everson Griffin, USC: Griffin has pass-rush potential. Rams DE Leonard Little is 36 years old; 34.) Minnesota Vikings: DT Brian Price, UCLA: Aging Minnesota DT Pat Williams may soon retire. Price will be waiting in the wings; 35.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: WR Golden Tate, Notre Dame: The Bucs need a big-play WR, now that WR Michael Clayton left through free agency; 36.) Kansas City Chiefs: OT Rodger Saffold, Indiana: Scott Pioli hopes he finds his Matt Light...a LT who can man the position for 8-10 years; 37.) Philadelphia Eagles: DE Carlos Dunlap, Florida: Eagles gamble that they can light a fire under Dunlap...who has all-world talent, but also is an all-world loafer; 38.) Cleveland Browns: QB Colt McCoy, Texas: Mike Holgrem may view McCoy as another Drew Brees, or (gulp) Joe Montana. McCoy can be extremely accurate and effective in a West Coast offensive scheme; 39.) Oakland Raiders: OT Charles Brown, USC: The Raiders choose to fill a huge void at LT, rather than admit their JaMarcus Russell mistake, and draft Jimmy Clausen; 40.) Miami Dolphins: OLB Sergio Kindle, Texas: Bill Parcells hopes that Kindle is as good a pass-rushing threat as advertised; 41.) Buffalo Bills: QB Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame: The Bills were rumored to have heatedly pursued Florida QB, Tim Tebow...only to be beaten out by the Broncos. They're relieved that Clausen has fallen so far; 42.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: CB Jerome Murphy, South Florida: Star CB Rhonde Barber is 34 years old...and the Bucs lack depth in their secondary; 43.) Baltimore Ravens: S Taylor Mays, USC:   Even Ed Reed gets old; 44.) New England Patriots: DE/OLB Koa Misa, Utah:  BB hopes that Misa provides part of the answer to his team's pass-rush woes. 45.) Denver Broncos: OG Jon Asamoah, Illinois: Broncos need and get help on the OL; 46.) NY Giants: ILB Brandon Spikes, Florida: Giants need to find a replacement for Antonio Pierce; 47.) New England Patriots: WR Mardy Gilyard, Cincinnati:  Patriots add a slot option, who will double as a dangerous kick returner. 48.) Carolina Panthers: WR Arrelious Benn, Illinois: Panthers Steve Smith with some help; 49.) San Francisco 49ers: WR Jordan Shipley, Texas:  Run on WRs...as the 49ers get help in the slot; 50.) Kansas City Chiefs: NT Terrence Cody, Alabama:  Scott Pioli fins his anchor for the 3-4; 51.) Houston Texans: CB Chris Cook, Virginia: Texans try to replace CB Dunta Robinson, who they lost through free agency; 52.) Pittsburgh Steelers: WR Damian Williams, USC: Steelers try to find a replacement for Santonio Holmes; 53.) New England Patriots: OT Jared Veldheer, Hillsdale: Surprise pick will hopefully pan out the way that Sebastien Vollmer appears to be. Will be groomed to take over at RT for Nick Kaczur...who will be moved inside to eventually replace the aging Stephen Neal; 54.) Cincinnati Bengals: DT Geno Atkins, Georgia: Bengals move to brace their interior line; 55.) Philadelphia Eagles: CB Brandon Ghee, Wake Forrest:  Eagles suddenly getting old in the secondary; 56.) Green Bay Packers: CB Myron Lewis, Vanderbilt: Pack moves to bolster an aging secondary, as a run on CBs develops; 57.) Baltimore Ravens: DE Corey Wooton, Northwestern:  Ravens move to replace DE Dwan Edwards, who left through free agency; 58.) Arizona Cardinals: OT Bruce Campbell, Maryland: Cards hope that the light goes on in Campbell's head...and that he works to take advantage of his immense physical gifts; 59.) Dallas Cowboys: FS Nate Allen, Florida: 'Boys move to upgrade their secondary; 60.) Seattle Seahawks: RB Joe McKnight, USC: Pete Carroll reaches for one of his own; 61.) NY Jets: S Reshard Jones, Georgia: To replace Kerry Rhodes; 62.) Minnesota Vikings: CB Amari Spievey, Iowa: Starting CB Cedric Griffin tore his ACL in the NFC Title loss to the Saints...and isn't scheduled to return til mid-October; 63.) Indianapolis Colts: OG/OT Zane Beadles, Utah: Colts need help on the interior of their OL; 64.) New Orleans Saints: LB Ricky Sapp, Clemson:  Saints hope that Sapp will begin to take full advantage of his talents.       THOUGHTS? Does this make any of you feel a bit better about the Pats' chances to improve through this draft?                         
    Posted by TexasPat3

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

from above...with my own observations and conjectures...

we pick 12th, 15th, and 21st in this round with no moving around.  We have a 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 2 7ths to move around.  our glaring needs are OLB, and TE.  Our secondary needs are DT/DE, WR, OL, and RB.  We also have 4 comp picks in the 6th and 7th we have to use.

The list of players above include....

6 OL
    6 DL
    5 WR
    4 LB'S
    1 RB
    WE CAN USE...
    AND 5 CB
    2 QB
     AND 3 S'S
    WE REALLY HAVE NO NEED AT ALL FOR.

There are also likely to be 2 TE at least drafted in this round, and a few more RB are likely to be in there.

Here are some of the likely candadates at each of our need positions
    Bold is our more likely targets...at least from on board discussions.
    DT/DE
    Griffin
    price
    dunlap

atkins
    wooten
    cody

LB
    Kindle
    Misa
    Sapp

Spikes

OL
    Saffold
    Brown

Asamoah
    Veldheer
    Campbell

Beadles

WR
    tate
    gilyard
    benn

shipley
    williams

RB
    Mcnight
    Also heard about others here like Gerheardt, etc

Reaaly long post later...We not only have options...but the means to go get who we want.

As a prediction...it looks like OL, DL, and OLB are the premium guys at the top of the round we want, along with the 2 QB's we don't.

I would tarket the trio of Griffin, Price, and Dunlap at DL, Kindle at OLB, and Saffold or Brown at OL with the top 2 picks, and do your best to move around and get 2 of them...preferably Kindle and one of the trio of DLmen...  I would then focus the 53rd pick on OT...like Veldheer.  Now you have to see what you have left for picks.  Package the rest to move up as far as possible for WR, TE, or RB...get the best guy you can.

My hope:
    44  Price
    47  Kindle
    53  Veldheer

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbalance617. Show jbalance617's posts

Posted by NOISE

the pats move up....lol.... I wouldnt be surprised
    if bb trades a 2 rounder into next years draft

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Posted by magicalhobo

magical one:

Yeah...I have originally penciled in Benn for the Pats. But, then I started thinking about how BB likes players who are versatile. Gilyard is an outstanding kick returner....and a quick screen dink and dunk, good yards after catch guy. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

All of the players that would have a first-year, starter-type impact for the Pats in crucial/need positions are already gone or will be gone by the time their next pick at 44 comes up. That includes: Tate, Benn, Kindle, Williams (the USC receiver), the LSU receiver, Sapp. The top OLB, ILB, and DE's that rush the passer are already gone. BB will trade two of our three second rounders today, either to 3rd/4th rounders this year or to next year or a combination of the two. And before you say the Pats can go up to top of second and get someone, remember that other teams know the Pats now have a very short list of players they can take and will demand a lot of compensation in return. Plus, the teams at top of second round will be fielding big offers from teams trying to move up to get McCoy or Clausen so the price to move up will be higher than normal. And, if Pats do use the three second rounders today, the second round has traditionally been very hot/cold for the us.
    Posted by BamaPat

Bama:

I don't see the Patriots using their second rounders to trade up. They have too many holes to fill. I do see them packaging some of their lower picks, plus some 2011 picks, to possibily move up. I can even see them trading their own #1 (not the one acquired from Oakland) for a high #2 this year. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

44) Rob Gronkowski
    47) Kao Misa
    53) Carlos Dunlap

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The Pats could have had their 1st with one of their 2nd's.  So freakin sad!
    Posted by BBRULES23

Not true. McCourtey was ranked as one of the top three CBs in the draft. After Haden, McCourtey, Kyle Wilson, Kareem Jackson, and Patrick Robinson, there's a huge drop off at CB.

Sections
Shortcuts