Pats Could Score Big in Second Round

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Pats Could Score Big in Second Round

In Response to Re: Pats Could Score Big in Second Round:
    44) Rob Gronkowski 47) Kao Misa 53) Carlos Dunlap
    Posted by tagandtrade

Don't want Gronkowski. He's an injury risk. Would rrather see the Pats trade a second for Bears' TE, Greg Olson, than risk Gronkowski.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Our draft is all about the 2nd round and drafting a punter, RB, and depth in the later rounds. There should be plenty of RB talent in the 3rd and 4th. I don't get why people are losing their s--t over us trading down. Suh and Morgan are the only players I wanted in this draft and neither were available obviously. People need to undstand that depth in any draft does not insure success at the NFL level. McClain's draft position was higher than Ray Lewis' and he will not be better than Lewis. Name one OLB in the 2010 draft that will be better than Ware (heck name one defensive player that will be better than Ware). OT and DL and maybe WR were the depth spots in this draft. And there is is plenty left there. ANd yeah, if last year is any indication BB can indeed score in the 2nd round.

I might go so far as to say an OLB or 3-4 end might not be taken. We draft a defensive impact next year (Peterson, Romeus, Clayburn, Heyward_ with the Raiders pick. All those people saying we need pass rush seem to forget that Sanchez, Edwards and Henne kinda s--k. If we can't stop the run (Spiller, Greene, Jackson, Lynch, Brown, Williams) these teams will beat us. Yeah will still need pass rush, but just have patience and BB will get it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

i would take Olsen for a third and a sixth and keep the 2nd

but i agree Gronkowski is a bit of a rish

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Could Score Big in Second Round :      magical one:      Yeah...I have originally penciled in Benn for the Pats. But, then I started thinking about how BB likes players who are versatile. Gilyard is an outstanding kick returner....and a quick screen dink and dunk, good yards after catch guy. 
    Posted by TexasPat3
    I like your Post, but we do not need another kick returner. Just Look at what Tate and Mcourtney did in college.Forget kickoff special teams guy. We also have Slater and Maroney to do that

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Could Score Big in Second Round : I like your Post, but we do not need another kick returner. Just Look at what Tate and Mcourtney did in college.Forget kickoff special teams guy. We also have Slater and Maroney to do that
    Posted by patriots44

Maroney, for whatever reason, has regressed. Slater simply succcks as a kick returner. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Who knows...maybe McCourtey will be the next Ty Law. Last years' Eugene Chung pick still irks me. The Pats wasted the 34th overall pick last year on a safety who can't cover. I believe that's one of the reasons why so many people are down over the McCourtey pick.

After Patrick and Eugene, please...let the Pats never draft another player named Chung...LOL!!  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

(44)Bruce Campbell.....(47)Carlos Dunlap...(53) traded for Osi Umenyiora....(90) Ed Dickson....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

(44)Bruce Campbell.....(47)Carlos Dunlap...(53) traded for Osi Umenyiora....(90) Ed Dickson....
    Posted by mountainmonkey

Don't like what I'm reading about Campbell. He's supposedly a lazy, underachiever. Ditto for Carlos Dunlap. Why trade for Umenyiora if the Pats are going to draft Dunlap?  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

I really HOPE they move up and get KINDLE.  WE ABSOLUTELY need a PASS Rush/OLB's on this team!  Now 'they' don't even have to pay him 1st rd $$...good bargain Pats...now GO FOR IT!  C'mon man!
    Posted by NOISE

Kindle has major health / surgery issues.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Pats Could Score Big in Second Round:
         ....    THOUGHTS? Does this make any of you feel a bit better about the Pats' chances to improve through this draft?                         
    Posted by TexasPat3

I didn't see Linval Joseph's name in your mock anywhere, and he seems to be a likely second rounder, perhaps even to the Pats. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jiminycricket. Show jiminycricket's posts

benn, tate, mardy gilyard or brandon lafell would be nice. however, i see more likely a run stopping nose tackle to makeup for the ron brace pick and since our defense is so stout against the passing attack, we need to stop the run...classic belichick mentality.

oh, and lets not blitz at all next season. it worked so well for us last season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Not bad, I actually agree with alot of them...I would rather have  A. Benn over Gilyard though..
    Posted by patsfan76

As stated aboove in response to a similar post: 

Yeah...I have originally penciled in Benn for the Pats. But, then I started thinking about how BB likes players who are versatile. Gilyard is an outstanding kick returner....and a quick screen, dink and dunk, good yards after catch guy. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Reports of Sergio Kindle's serious knee problem has caused me to modify my round two mock draft (see above): http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2010/04/23/what-is-the-story-surrounding-the-knee-of-texas-lb-sergio-kindle/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BamaPat. Show BamaPat's posts

I'm tired of all these fantasy picks that people are coming up with for our second round picks.

The vast majority of suggested picks on this board for the second round will be gone by the time we get to 44th pick. There's going to be a run on WR (few taken yesterday) and what's left of the top-tier OLB/DE/RB candidates.

Kindle may be an exception but he is apparently damaged goods.

BB is going to trade two of our 2nd rounders tonight for 3/4th or below this year and/or picks for 2011. Probably in search of some OL help, which usually can be had in lower rounds.

The other 2nd rounder will be traded down to the bottom third of the second round tonight.

We'll make one pick in the bottom third of 2nd tonight and one pick in the 3rd round.

Hey, at least Saturday might be busy for the Pats.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

All of the players that would have a first-year, starter-type impact for the Pats in crucial/need positions are already gone or will be gone by the time their next pick at 44 comes up. That includes: Tate, Benn, Kindle, Williams (the USC receiver), the LSU receiver, Sapp. The top OLB, ILB, and DE's that rush the passer are already gone. BB will trade two of our three second rounders today, either to 3rd/4th rounders this year or to next year or a combination of the two. And before you say the Pats can go up to top of second and get someone, remember that other teams know the Pats now have a very short list of players they can take and will demand a lot of compensation in return. Plus, the teams at top of second round will be fielding big offers from teams trying to move up to get McCoy or Clausen so the price to move up will be higher than normal. And, if Pats do use the three second rounders today, the second round has traditionally been very hot/cold for the us.
    Posted by BamaPat

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

If the Pats decide to trade a round 2 pick, I hope it is to move up or as part of a trade. I want to see the Pats in the playoffs in the 010 season

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Could Score Big in Second Round :      Not true. McCourtey was ranked as one of the top three CBs in the draft. After Haden, McCourtey, Kyle Wilson, Kareem Jackson, and Patrick Robinson, there's a huge drop off at CB.
    Posted by TexasPat3

Either way, no reason to take a special teams player with the 1st, I would have loved Dez Bryant, but I also would have been happy with a passrusher. Hughes is the 1st to come to mind, he should have been taken over Mccourtey.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

How do you-all like the Pats' draft so far? It's a bit more promising than in day one,eh??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

TEX
     I'll say that we have'nt taken the sexy picks or who most have talked about. But it looks as if we got BB types and I'm onboard with that.