In response to coolade2's comment:
In response to mthurl's comment:
In response to coolade2's comment:
This is almost interesting... Hurlman... What's up with the doom and gloom...? Come on , party your ask off , we have a great team. Really . Watch the game, appreciate the tackling, the passing the catching... Smoke some weed if it helps man , enjoy it . 18-4... Almost 22-0... Listen to yourself .
I understand what you're saying coolade, but here is the dealio - I've watched this for 6 years now - we have an offense that is good enough to win it all and a defense that gets punched in the face in the playoffs. Last year we were lucky enough to face Tim Freaken Tebow!! That going to happen again? Last year we were fortunate enough to have a receiver drop a ball that is right in his hands in the endzone. Then we got a kicker to miss a field goal...we going to have that luxury this post season?
I have grown spoiled...I expect to win a Super Bowl when we have the best coach and QB in NFL history together. How long has it been? Almost ten years? This team is not suppossed to be judged like a team that is just happy to be there. I fully realize that I'm witnessing one of the greatest runs in NFL history, I also realize why it's happening - it's because we have a QB that will be carried into the Hall of Fame by doves. It bothers me that we haven't been able to fix this defense in 6 god damn years. So I'm sorry if I can't pee myself after we beat Mark Sanchez and the Jets...we won't be facing Mark Sanchez's or Tim Tebows this post season.
Hear ya... as aggravating as last year was, it was last year and there are numerous positive changes that have been made to focus on. here's my top 5:
1. O'Brien gone. Listened to an interview he did the other day on ESPN radio. He is a complete fraud. Everything out of his mouth sounded "good" like he practiced it in front of a mirror 50 times. he had no clue what he was doing last year. The offense was schizophrenic. no sensible running game strategy. Blame him.
2. New personnel on defense. Pats have added 50% new blood to beleaguered last years unit. Spikes healthy, Hightower, Jones,dennard , talib, Gregory... And in lesser roles Wilson ebner, Francis. These guys bring a new athletic younger element to the D, which makes them better. Results are showing up steadily.
3. MCC at safety. Best athlete out there can make more plays from fs position and cover more ground.
4. Brady hungrier than ever. Losing 2nd SB has to be burning in this guy... More so than usual, even though that's hard to believe. Hes throwing it as well as he ever has.
5. Last but not least... Running game. This is related to #1... The usage of all the backs makes Brady's job easier and he plays better when he's not stressed. O'Brien stressed Brady out. This year guys like vereen are showing what they can do, woodhead is steady, and Ridley is putting up 1000 yards... NICE.
I haven't been this excited about this team since the summer of 2007 when those pieces started falling into place and I predicted "historic" results. That team fell just short but this team may be better because it is younger and faster at key positions like running back and front seven... I'm really looking forward to great things for this team for not only this year but many more...
Hey, sounds good, I mean we will have a punchers chance with Brady and Belichick anyway - so if you're right we will have much more than that. I hope you're right.