Pats D prepared for Balt?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Pats D prepared for Balt?

I say so. I also think having to play the Broncos will be a huge advantage for this defense. All week long BB has been emphasizing smart and efficient play, sure tackling and stopping the run. This is exactly what he need to do against the Crows. Balt will look back to our last playoff matchup and rely heavily on the run game knowing Flacco can't carry this team on his back. There wasn't a single offensive play that impressed me by Balt, even their run game was above average at best. If the Pats D can stay disciplined against Balt I see no reason we can't put up a similar score in the Championship game as we did in the Divisional game against the Broncos. What do you guys think, did the Broncos matchup help us gain an edge with the Crows coming in to town?

Don't even get me started on how bad the Balt defense looked and how they had zero pressure on Yates.

Pats 42-17

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Pats D prepared for Balt?

I agree with your analogy of their lack of offense and that their defense is living off reputation rather than ability. I don't care who the Patriots play so long as they have the three headed monster Gronk,Hernandez, and Welker. With Brady in a get even mode. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mabjrb. Show mabjrb's posts

THey have the ability to rush the QB with 4......that always gives us fits.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I think it's possible we give up 20 points or so but I think this offense is unstoppable right now. Gotta figure the Pats for over 30 to take some of the pressure off the D. If we're clicking like we were last night on offense not much else matters.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In Response to Re: Pats D prepared for Balt?:
    Posted by mabjrb

Did you watch the game today - they weren't getting any real pressure at all - no sacks - no real hurries

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

STOP RAY RICE GO TO SUPER BOWL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

Posted by mabjrb

My God - did you see the game today?  That Yates kid was never touched.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Patriots all time record against Ravens 6 - 1.  They are meat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

actually, I think u have it the other way around. Are patriots offense ready for Ravens D.

Here's why, if the Raven's D keep the game close - it favor's Baltimore's game. If, not, it could be a blowout.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

stuff Ray Rice on the run - keep him inside

take away the tight ends in the passing game and get good bumps on Torrey Smith and Lee Evans with safeties up high

good week to bust out the good ol' 3-4

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Patriots all time record against Ravens 6 - 1.  They are meat.
    Posted by tcal2-

I don't remember, but the last couple of regular season games were "squeekers"?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

As stated above Ravens could not pressure the Texan QB and if we bottle up their running game the Pats will out score them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Pats' D has improved significantly since the first quarter of the Bills' game.  No joke.  They looked like a totally different defense against the Bronco's.  I like their chances against Flacco.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

There's Ray Rice and a bunch of receivers who would be pretty good if Flacco could hit them. Ravens Offense = Ray Rice

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

actually, I think u have it the other way around. Are patriots offense ready for Ravens D. Here's why, if the Raven's D keep the game close - it favor's Baltimore's game. If, not, it could be a blowout.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

Really? Did you watch the games or am I missing something? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

As stated above Ravens could not pressure the Texan QB and if we bottle up their running game the Pats will out score them.
    Posted by TSWFAN

true,  Texans OL protected their QB. The question is whether or not the Patriot OL can do the same.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

actually, I think u have it the other way around. Are patriots offense ready for Ravens D. Here's why, if the Raven's D keep the game close - it favor's Baltimore's game. If, not, it could be a blowout.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

?????  Is the Ravens' D ready for the Pats offense is a better statement!  The Texans do not present those two TEs PLUS Welker.  Ravens do not have an answer in their d-backfield for that combo. The Texans O basically gave that game to the Ravens with Yates throwing those three INTs right into the arms of the Ravens defenders plus the bonehead of a punt mishandle giving the Ravens the ball on the 2.  I did not see an outstanding Ravens D play which made you go "wow!".   The Ravens O only made it into the Texans side of the 20 once without the benefit of a turnover by the Texans.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Pats D prepared for Balt? : true,  Texans OL protected their QB. The question is whether or not the Patriot OL can do the same.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

So, you are saying the Texans O-line is BETTER than the Pats?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to Re: Pats D prepared for Balt? : true,  Texans OL protected their QB. The question is whether or not the Patriot OL can do the same.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

The Denver pass rush was not exactly chopped liver this year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RTSully6931. Show RTSully6931's posts

If our D line plays as well next week as it did last night I really like our chances. I like them anyway.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

The Broncos had a better pass rush than the Ravens this year, imo. The Texans don't have as good as a O-line as the Pats. The Ravens haven't experienced anything close to our 2 TE set this year. This is not the Pats of 09. I see no reason the Ravens should be hyped over the Pats or why Pats offense can not perform liked they did against the Broncos.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

You can bet that BB is not going to let ray rice beat us. Ravens are similar to Denver on offense and defense, except they have a better QB, and better passing game. If the team plays like they did last night , the result will be very similar. The defense last night played like they were possessed. By the way, the top two offensive teams are noe eliminated from playoffs. ( turnovers killed both teams ). That is the one thing we cannot do.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

There's Ray Rice and a bunch of receivers who would be pretty good if Flacco could hit them. Ravens Offense = Ray Rice
    Posted by shenanigan

agreed

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

The Ravens like to throw it deep a lot and today the Texans cornerbacks played really well. Will the Pats db's play like that? Getting pressure on Flacco will be the key. The Ravens may not have any great recievers but they got some good ones (much better than the Broncos). I loved the fact that the Pats got the ball first and scored quickly against the Broncos. Put the pressure on Flacco. Make him try to be perfect and hopefully he will self destruct. Today's game was their for the taking but Yates did not want it.

Sections
Shortcuts