Pats D - Second fewest points allowed in NFL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkulacz. Show mkulacz's posts

Pats D - Second fewest points allowed in NFL

OK, some teams have 8 games, some have 7. But give credit when credit is due. This Pats defense is very stingy. They dont overpower anybody. They dont really strike fear or intimidation like as a bad-ass Baltimore defense. There are no standout players. But they do the most important thing - they stop teams from scoring.

There are some big tests comming up, and I am most excited to see how they fare.

There has been some great drafting and coaching that has made this the case. Time to give a little credit when credit is due.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Re: Pats D - Second fewest points allowed in NFL

In Response to Pats D - Second fewest points allowed in NFL:
    OK, some teams have 8 games, some have 7. But give credit when credit is due. This Pats defense is very stingy. They dont overpower anybody. They dont really strike fear or intimidation like as a bad-ass Baltimore defense. There are no standout players. But they do the most important thing - they stop teams from scoring. There are some big tests comming up, and I am most excited to see how they fare. There has been some great drafting and coaching that has made this the case. Time to give a little credit when credit is due.
    Posted by mkulacz

Who has allowed the fewest points?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Pats D - Second fewest points allowed in NFL:
    In Response to Pats D - Second fewest points allowed in NFL : Who has allowed the fewest points?
    Posted by JulesWinfield

Denver still, even after getting gashed by Baltimore last week.

Among teams with seven games played, defensive teams have allowed:

1.) Denver 82
    2.) NE 84
    3.) Indy 91
    4.) Washington 109
    5.) Cincinnati 114

NE, Indy and Washington are not shockers, but Cincy and Denver are a bit. The crazy thing about Denver is 30 of those came last night.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

was this ranked after our two big wins of the winless buc,s and titans?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Hmmm - the standings seem to show that Denver has given up 96 points, NE has given up 98 points, and it is the Colts with the lowest PA total in the league (with 91)...I wonder if your figures take out ST and defensive scores (since Den and NE are each off by 14 pts)?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

was this ranked after our two big wins of the winless buc,s and titans?
    Posted by mosseffect43

There are a lot of bad teams this year, and all good teams have feasted on them.  Denver has played Oakland and Cleveland.  The Colts beat up on Saint Louis and probably another bad team or two. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkulacz. Show mkulacz's posts

There were some good teams and some bad teams in that mix. Given that we are effectively at mid-season, individual games (good or bad) arent as important to the averages. Yes, the Titans in the snow put on the worse offensive effort I have ever seen in the NFL. Denver is still the stingiest defense. The coaching in Denver is excellent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Hmmm - the standings seem to show that Denver has given up 96 points, NE has given up 98 points, and it is the Colts with the lowest PA total in the league (with 91)...I wonder if your figures take out ST and defensive scores (since Den and NE are each off by 14 pts)?
    Posted by JulesWinfield

It would make sense if the defensive stats did only count the points actually scored against the defense.  I didn't realize they did that though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

What's great about these stats is that every reasonable person on this forum realizes that our defense is a work in progress. Points have been very hard to come by against our team, but we all seem to be hesitent to annoint our team as having the next great defense in the league. I hope our coaches and players have the same attitude....................continue to work and improve.

Sections
Shortcuts