Pats D vs Jets D

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

Pats D vs Jets D

Its amazing at how many good players the Jets have on Defense compared to the Patriots Defense.  I'd rather have the Jets player over the Patriots player at almost every position. 

FS I'd take Rhodes over Sanders
    SS Toss up between Merriweather and Leonard
    CB1 Reivis over Bodden, CB2 Sheppard over Springs or Butler
    OLB Pace over Adallius Thomas, OLB Bryan Thomas over Banta Cain
    ILB Bart Scott over Mayo, and ILB David Harris over Guyton(id take Harris over Mayo also after seeing both after 2 years, Pats could have drafted Harris but drafted Merriweather instead, then could have had him a few picks later but traded that pick, ended up being 10th pick next year for Mayo)
    DE Ellis over Green

So the only guy i would take over the Jets player is DE Warren over Marques Douglas.  Kris Jenkins and Wilfork are a toss up at NT. 

That's pretty bad, Patriots definetly have a long ways to go to have a top flight Defense. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

Re: Pats D vs Jets D

if people don't know who ILB David Harris is he's the guy that lead the number 1 defense Jets in tackles with 127 tackles and 5.5 sacks and 2 forced fumbles

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

RR is giving BB a lesson about defense, BB needs to blueprint it for next season. Are there any Ryan's left to hire for DC?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

So what else do you like about the Jets ... troll!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~LOL...Yea Right, Jet's Fans...While You Guys have been wasting your Draft Picks by trading up in order to get less guys, but so-called "Quality" Players, Our Patriot Team meanwhile has done less "glitzy", YET far, far wiser move of doing our scouting homework in order to Select in The NFL Draft Many More Players...Guys over the past 3 Drafts (before the 2009 year) that will pay HUGE dividends when all is said and done in upcoming years-Mayo and Merriweather, Our two 1st rounders, I'm sure You ALL know about... 

BUT perhaps you're all forgeting Oscar Lua, Justin Rodgers, Willie Andrews, Jeremy Mincey, Jonathin Wilhite, Kareem Brown, Shawn Crable & Terrence Wheatley.  AND THAT'S JUST What We used on Our Vaunted DEFENSE! LOL...buncha Jet's losers, Cause that's 8 Picks in a mere 3 years, which is in all probablity, DOUBLE The Picks you guys spent on your pathetic so-called #1 D.  So We will certainly see WHO gets the last laugh, as I'm sure these guys should be trained to perfection come the upcoming season...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

umm im not a troll, im a huge Patriots fan, just calling it like it is.  The Jets have better players on defense than the Patriots, what is wrong about saying that??  do you think differenty?  If you do then your crazy or just a pathetic homer with rose colored glasses

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

Wingman...the latter. Isn't obvious with all the exclamation points and capital letters?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

posted at 1/17/2010 9:41 PM EST
    First: 6/10/2008
    Last: 1/17/2010
    umm im not a troll, im a huge Patriots fan, just calling it like it is.  The Jets have better players on defense than the Patriots, what is wrong about saying that??  do you think differenty?  If you do then your crazy or just a pathetic homer with rose colored glasses

Alright, sorry, just had to test you.  And for the record, I am a homer with rose colored glasses, but I am by no means pathetic.   right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

They are better but I think the talent of a few makes the whole group look good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

RR is giving BB a lesson about defense, BB needs to blueprint it for next season. Are there any Ryan's left to hire for DC?

So I guess BB should start getting lesson from a guy that's never won a superbowl!  Do the math, BB- 3 rings as H.C. Rex R- 0 rings as H.C.

Yeah, I guess your right, BB should take lessons from this guy!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I hate to say it,but the jets defense is proof that it can win championships.no they havent played the colts yet,but have a real good chance of beating them.when i hear how some blame the offense of the pats for there loseing ways.i laugh.because all i have to do is look at this jets team,and see there offense do very little,and there defense dominate,and put them in the position to win games,and they play the whole 60 minutes of the ball game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hmrstrm. Show hmrstrm's posts

Wow...did you guys actually watch the Pats D play this season? They're pretty bad...How many 10+ point leads did they give up in the second half this season?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The Jets have generally had higher picks in the draft, which gives them an advantage, but I do think BB has been a bit too focused on getting "value" and, as a result, the overall quality of the starters on the Pats team has declined.  The Jets have been more willing to go for quality and, in many positions, that strategy has paid off.  I'm a huge Pats fan (and season ticket holder)--but as BB likes to say "it is what it is" and the Jets' D is clearly better than the Pats' D this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Sour grapes from Pats fans?  I dunno, face it. Our d really isn't particularly good. Is it even a fair comparison?  Aren't we in the bottom 5 for red zone d? probably a mix of causes - coaching, system, players, playmakers.  And it's not only our d, our special teams hasn't performed well this year either...