pats defense playing fast...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

pats defense playing fast...

Texans found out how fast pats D is.... Closing speed and tackling was on display Sunday.  Pats D is now reaching potential at the right moment.  Players are feeling it and playing together. 

Leaders like mayo, wilfork, McCourty (strength up the middle...?) are doing their jobs....  did you see mayo get in fosters kitchen? 

In the back you have Gregory emerging as a smart fast player.  Dennard playing fast and aggressively... Talib playing inspired and tackling well ,  Wilson covering and hitting. 

Playing with pressure up front has given this D its identity.  Chung is now special teamer where he he belongs (almost gave ball to Texans in onside kick. What a dope. )

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: pats defense playing fast...

One problem remains that the pass rush anemic too much of the time. D is playing goooood football though. And very tough in short yardage. I think their was a TD and a first down that were bad calls.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajaym. Show ajaym's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One problem remains that the pass rush anemic too much of the time. D is playing goooood football though. And very tough in short yardage. I think their was a TD and a first down that were bad calls.

[/QUOTE]

Its more likely that BB decided to let Schaub make mistakes rather than show our pressure & blitz packages to the next two teams. Why show any of our plays to the world when we don't need to?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Mayo and spikes and Hightower ran a lot of delay pressures where they stuffed the line of scrimmage and either picked up foster or added to the rush.  Either way it is perceived pressure by schaub and clogged up his throwing lanes, while messing up his protection.  He was moving off his spot a lot...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anyone hear anything on the severity of Jones's ankle?  Was it a tweak/re-aggravation?

[/QUOTE]

BB will never tell!

For what it's worth, he stayed on the sideline all game (standing mostly) and seemed to be walking on it okay. I heard other reports that he was on crutches after the game, but during the game he seemed to be able to stand on it. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Texans found out how fast pats D is.... Closing speed and tackling was on display Sunday.  Pats D is now reaching potential at the right moment.  Players are feeling it and playing together. 

Leaders like mayo, wilfork, McCourty (strength up the middle...?) are doing their jobs....  did you see mayo get in fosters kitchen? 

In the back you have Gregory emerging as a smart fast player.  Dennard playing fast and aggressively... Talib playing inspired and tackling well ,  Wilson covering and hitting. 

Playing with pressure up front has given this D its identity.  Chung is now special teamer where he he belongs (almost gave ball to Texans in onside kick. What a dope. )

[/QUOTE]

Nice to see Talib's tackling and does anyone else think McCourty is excellent in run support?  I saw McCourty make a number of nice tackles on running plays.  I think he's really going to end up being a well-rounded safety.  He can cover very well for a safety and is stout enough in the running game.  He's not a big hitter, but like Mayo, he seems to flow to the ball well and is good at wrapping up. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anyone hear anything on the severity of Jones's ankle?  Was it a tweak/re-aggravation?

[/QUOTE]

BB will never tell!

For what it's worth, he stayed on the sideline all game (standing mostly) and seemed to be walking on it okay. I heard other reports that he was on crutches after the game, but during the game he seemed to be able to stand on it. 

[/QUOTE]

I thought I had heard or read that he walked off after the game with a noticable limp??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nice to see Talib's tackling and does anyone else think McCourty is excellent in run support?  I saw McCourty make a number of nice tackles on running plays.  I think he's really going to end up being a well-rounded safety.  He can cover very well for a safety and is stout enough in the running game.  He's not a big hitter, but like Mayo, he seems to flow to the ball well and is good at wrapping up. 

[/QUOTE]

Really impressed with talibs tackling.  One play stood out... He spun off a block after foster broke contain and then tackled him in the open field.  Perfect fundamentals... (probably why BB went after him).

Hightower also played solid, like he's getting into it.  Not sure what's up with Jones... Spikes put some smack down too... 

Fun to watch this group.  Getting the feeling that they are making life miserable for opposing players and  punishing them.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

By the way....pats d finished 9th in points allowed this season. Huge. Diff team with Talib at cb, mccourty at safety and other key guys coming into their own. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

By the way....pats d finished 9th in points allowed this season. Huge. Diff team with Talib at cb, mccourty at safety and other key guys coming into their own. 

Shutout in last game helped that ranking.  Hmmm ... Could another dominant performance be coming for this defense...?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Shutout in last game helped that ranking.  Hmmm ... Could another dominant performance be coming for this defense...?

i'll take 2

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

exakatackly....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Really impressed with talibs tackling.  One play stood out... He spun off a block after foster broke contain and then tackled him in the open field.  Perfect fundamentals... (probably why BB went after him).

Hightower also played solid, like he's getting into it.  Not sure what's up with Jones... Spikes put some smack down too... 

Fun to watch this group.  Getting the feeling that they are making life miserable for opposing players and  punishing them.

" Fun to watch this group."

totally! i love to watch defense. only when its any good adn can compete ... wiht eneregy.

talib (and bbs changing the defense since) has turned this de from a defense that was hard to watch, the past few years and early this year, to one that you really enjoy watchng (as much as or more than the offense).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

hes always been a plus against the run. 

and at safety he can close wthout panicking and running with his back turned.