Pats Division Playoff date.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Pats Division Playoff date.

Anybody no what day the Pats will play their divisional playoff game? Sat or Sun

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Pats Division Playoff date.

We won't know until after Wild Card Weekend bro.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Or if it hasn't been announced yet, when does the NFL make the decision?  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I would be very surprised if this information is available yet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Wild Card weekend dates/times will be released after Week 17 games are finished since we still have some seedings to figure out in both conferences. After the Wild Card Weekend games finish, they'll release the Divisional Playoff schedule.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

Isn't it normally the #1 seed that plays Saturday so they get the extra day if they win?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Division Playoff date.:
    [QUOTE]Isn't it normally the #1 seed that plays Saturday so they get the extra day if they win?
    Posted by qball369[/QUOTE]
    That sounds right.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I believe they play a night game on Saturdays, which is likely to feature the most attractive TV matchup. You've got to figure that's going to be the Pats no matter who they get, but particularly if it's New Jersey (green).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]I believe they play a night game on Saturdays, which is likely to feature the most attractive TV matchup. You've got to figure that's going to be the Pats whether they get New Jersey, Indy or the Chefs.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

The Pats cannot face the Chiefs in the Div round.

It will be the winner of the WC who is either Indy/Jax, Baltimore/Pitt, or the Jests.

My crystal ball says it will be NE vs Baltimore ... but that thing only works half the time ....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Yeah, my mind keeps blanking on K.C. as a three seed.

It just doesn't compute.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttgrundle. Show buttgrundle's posts

The Pats would face the highest remaining seed after WC weekend.  Right now it would shape up as....

5 Ravens @  4 Dolts
    6 Jets @ 3 Chiefs

Indy holds a tiebreaker over KC, just in case KC mails it in next week.

And for the record, Baltimore NEVER beats the Dolts.  Ever. 

As for the Chiefs, I have no freakin clue what to even pretend to expect from them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]The Pats would face the highest remaining seed after WC weekend.  Right now it would shape up as.... 5 Ravens @  4 Dolts 6 Jets @ 3 Chiefs Indy holds a tiebreaker over KC, just in case KC mails it in next week. And for the record, Baltimore NEVER beats the Dolts.  Ever.  As for the Chiefs, I have no freakin clue what to even pretend to expect from them.
    Posted by buttgrundle[/QUOTE]

Don't you mean lowest?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

IF we had to play KC I hope Bill OBrien and BB come up with lots of new moves so Cassell, and those coaches who know the Pats are caught off guard.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Rex Ryan will be so pumped up if they have to play us. I think the trash talk will be worse then it was before the last game.

Plus they will use that game to game plan on us---but again BB can throw some new wrinkles into the plan and we can beat them again.

Brady is way better then Sanchez. Way better.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

Here ya go  http://www.nfl.com/schedules?seasonType=POST

We will play Jan 15 or 16

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttgrundle. Show buttgrundle's posts

Highest as in "highest number" is what I meant.  Lousy explaination on what I meant, my bad.  Especially going in talking about the Chiefs and Colts.

I'd hope to see NYJ @ Indy and Baltimore @ KC, but I can hope in one hand and dump in the other and I know which one will fill up first....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

I'm pretty sure the Pats being the #1 seed will play the lowest remaining seed left after the 1st round ( Wild Card) bye week.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

in 2007 the seeding was

#1 Patriots  #2 colts #3 chargers #4 steelers #5 jaguars #6 titans 

#6 titans played at #3 chargers Win / #5 jaguars Win played at #4 steelers

#5 jags played at #1 Patriots Win  /   #3 chargers Win played at #2 colts 

#3 chargers played at #1 Patriots Win

we'll play the lowest remaining

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Is this your first year watching NFL. The seedings and pairings are really not this difficult. You think we were discussing trig or calculus.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I will now simplify. The 6th seed plays @the 3rd seed and the 5th seed plays @ the 4th seed. We then will play the winner of those two games, who is the worst seed-not complicated.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats Division Playoff date. : The Pats cannot face the Chiefs in the Div round.

Actually the Pats could host KC in the Div round.

If:
     Week 17 - Colts win and KC loses ( KC = 4th seed )

Then both Colts and KC win their WC weekend games .

Pats would get lowest remaining seed ...KC .

( and Colts would go to either Pitt or Balt  in Div. round )

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

The Hoodie versus the Footie?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

To answer the original thread on time/date of the Divisional round:

The NFL typically tries to pair up the right AFC/NFC doubleheader for each day.

1. Western home teams will play the later games
    2. Home teams with Domes are flexed to play later games IF the other game is in a cold Eastern or Northern City
    3. They try to separate #1s to play on opposite days, but this isnt always the case.
    4. They like to split the late game with each conference. (ex. AFC on Saturday, NFC on Sunday)
    5. Lastly, if one game may have a special rivalry to it, they will make it prime time for sure.

In the Case of the AFC my prediction is as follows after Week 16:

Wildcard
    #6 New York Jets @ #3 Kansas City
    #5 Baltimore @ #4 Indianapolis

The hunch is here CBS will want the Baltimore/Indy game for Sunday while NBC gets the NYJ.  win win for all involved.  NBC gets a big market, CBS gets the intriguing match up of offense vs. Defense AND Baltimore's old vs. new teams.

NFC Wild Card
    #6 Green Bay/NY Giants @ #3 Philadelphia (likely)
    #5 New Orleans @ #4 St.Louis/Seattle

If the Giants were to make it in, be assured they would play opposite of the Jets, meaning Sunday. Im even thinking the NFC west team will be host to the evening Saturday game regardless (Dome or out West)

So...
    SATURDAY 1/8/2011
    Game 1: NYJets vs. Kansas City
    Game 2: New Orleans vs. NFC West

SUNDAY 1/9/2011
    Game 1: Green Bay/NY Giants vs. Philadelphia
    Game 2: Baltimore vs. Indianapolis

The NFL schedules the divisionals by generally predicting the likely outcome as to how it relates to TV time. Example, if the NYJets win, pencil that game on sunday Game 2 as CBS will pump that game as its main feature!

My guess would be:

SATURDAY 1/15/2011
    Game 1: Wild Card vs. Pittsburgh
    Game 2: Wild card vs. Atlanta

SUNDAY 1/16/2011
    Game 1: Wild Card vs. Chicago
    Game 2: Wild Card vs. New England

AFC Championship Game 1
    NFC Championship Game 2

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

BTW...

I like Kansas City to win
    I like Baltiimore to upset the Colts
    I like Philadelphia regardless of who they play
    I like New Orleans b/c that is so obvious

Meaning

Kansas City vs. Pittsburgh
    Baltimore vs. New England
    New Orleans vs. Atlanta
    Philadelphia vs. Chicago

All great games!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I agree with Late Night's panel, and I see the home teams winning out on the divisional weekend as well. 

A New England vs Atlanta Superbowl seems in the cards ...

Sections
Shortcuts