Pats/Dolphins.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Pats/Dolphins.

What are your thoughts on the game?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Pats/Dolphins.

We have played some bad games down there.

Miami has shown they are a solid team.

New England is gonna get clipped sooner than later if they don't stop taking off the first half.

If Josh, I only know 5 or 6 plays McDaniels, doesn't mix up his game plan we get clipped anyway.

Miami can get after the QB.

Hope it's a cool day.

Pats win but it will be another how did we win that game situation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I am nervous.  First game since we lost Gronk and we always seem to play like crap in Miami even when we aren't sleepwalking through the first half like we have been the past few weeks.

The positives are that last time we completely dominated their line when they still had Martin and Incognito.  Plus I don't think they have an answer for Vereen at LB.

I expect a close game.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

1. horrible O-line in Miami, PASS RUSH PLEASE.

2. please dear god if blount and ridley are running 5 ypc keep handing it off.

3. Stop the dumb walking PA fake reverse or Tom will die from it.

4.  protect Tom.

5. SHOW UP AT 1, not 230 or we lose

6. get off the field on 3rd down please

this will be a tough game, always is down in Miami. need to show up on D and O

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

The dangers are

(1) that Miami has shown - without its starting RG ansd RT(!!!!) - that it is a tough team

(2) they have a QB who can throw and we have seen what that can mean unless we mount a pass rush

Going forward the key to the Pats offense is clearly and squarley on the offensive line. We have 4 good running backs who should be able to amass 120 to 180 yards on any given day IF the line is blocking. TB and his six dangerous targets (yes, six dangerous targets: Julian, Danny, Shane, Dobson, Thompkins and Boyce) shoud be able to amass 250 to 350 yards on any given day if the offensive line is doing their job.

All that offensive power is possible WITHOUT Gronk now that the rookies are no longer lost. Each of them have some really nice skills that make them real weapons and not just catch and fall as someone here characterized Thompkins (quite wrong... watch the games... when that happens it is more about having to slow down for the ball or that he is getting hit right away in any case). More than that there are real complementary skills in the group making them more dangerous as a group than just as individuals. But it is all up to the offensive line. 

I would feel more comfortable with Canon at RT. I am not thrilled with Wendell as a starter at C at all. And not much more happy with Connolly. When someone resurrects the draft thread I will add the need for (1-2) TE - C, (3) DT/NT, (4) 3 down stud LB or DE (just a decent body is not an upgrade), (5) G and if we lose Talib #1 need becomes C again.

Anyway - from here on out the fate of the offense is the play of the offensive line. They will either give TB and RBs and receviers a chance or they will not.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

A late season game in Miami has resulted in some sad results.  There is something about this time of year, heat?, that seems to sap the energy out of the team and the Pats just do not seem to play as well.  This time, there may be a sense of urgency to prove to everyone that Gronk's injury is not going to slow the Patriots' train on the way to the playoffs, and hopefully the SB, for this team.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A late season game in Miami has resulted in some sad results.  There is something about this time of year, heat?, that seems to sap the energy out of the team and the Pats just do not seem to play as well.  This time, there may be a sense of urgency to prove to everyone that Gronk's injury is not going to slow the Patriots' train on the way to the playoffs, and hopefully the SB, for this team.

[/QUOTE]

oh man its hot down here in FL. 85 during the heat of day. its nasty. still feels like summer, its unseasonably hot here even for FL at this time of year

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Quick thoughts:

Offense: 

- Miami's D is middle of the pack in terms of yards (16th), but 9th in Points allowed at 21.2 PPG. Therefore, scoring won't be easy, but at the same time, I think the offense should be able to put up at least 24 against this D. 

- Don't wait until 2nd half to start playing well.

- Run the ball and stick with it. Miami is stronger against the pass than the run (23rd in run D vs 13th in pass D). 

- O-Line needs to protect Brady better and open up the holes for the run game. If the pass protection is adequate, Brady needs to simply not turn it over and keep it simple.

Defense:

- Pass Rush needs to show up this week. The Dolphins have given up the most sacks in the NFL (48). Get pressure on Tannehill and I guarantee he throws at least one pick.

- Don't let Wallace get open deep. Also, don't underestimate Brian Hartline.

- My guess is BB will focus more on the stopping the pass (Wallace and Hartline) and taking chances in the run game. While the Run D has become significantly worse with injuries, Miami's RBs are nothing spectacular...then again, their RBs averaged 5 YPC against the Pats in their last meeting...so maybe I am wrong. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

The Dolphins running game is mediocre which helps the Pats D, they can afford to spend more time in the nickel. Dolphins best CB was put on IR today so the Pats should be able to exploit Dolphins secondary. OL, please give Brady some time in the pocket! Dolphins were able to pressure Brady in the first game so OL needs to step up. Pats have quality running backs and they are healthy, MD should find a way to use them.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

You do realize Gronk was on the field for our putrid first half on Sunday, right?

You do realize that since Gronk returned to the lineup this offense has been near the top of the NFL in every category that matters from points to yards to red zone percentage to 3rd down conversion percentage right?

I guess his loss doesn't matter just like the loss of Wilfork wasn't a huge deal because we had Jones and Vellano...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

their super bowl and their time to play up to it, we'll need a 60 minute game, go for the throat and dont let go

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Super Bowl with this pats team??

Did you see the game on Sunday?

[/QUOTE]

Stand up in the Patriots locker room and say that to them.  I know you would love to just to get your butt whipped and then sue them.

They believe they can do it, as any good team would feel.  What we fans think is another matter, we do not play the game.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

I feel I can safely say, given the nature of the season so far, that I have NO idea how this plays out.

This game is always tough for them, so maybe they surprise us and blow the doors off the fins...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bad vibes going down there...it's been a house of horros for us at times...now with a bad Dline, I can see us getting pounded inside because they have 2 decent RB's and they have struggled in pass protection...could be trouble...their D ins't bad at all, they have a decent pass rush and we have no TE....it will go down to the wire and the refs have been kind to home teams at the end of games...

[/QUOTE]

i think Daniel Thomas is hurt... at least was. i hope he is he kills us more than miller

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i think Daniel Thomas is hurt... at least was. i hope he is he kills us more than miller

[/QUOTE]

Daniel Thomas us kills us? When did this happen?  The guy isn't an everydown back. He runs too high which is why he's always hurt.

Thomas was a crappy draft pick for them.

[/QUOTE]

killed us last game. 5 times more effective than Miller

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

I would assume we will be behind at the half and then ramp it up and win another close one.

Sections
Shortcuts