Pats fans are overlooking Miami

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hannahlauren. Show hannahlauren's posts

Pats fans are overlooking Miami

All I hear about is Indy, the Jets and every other team in-between.
    Folks - Miami is for real; they remind me a bit of the 2001 pats. In that, they have a young QB (from Michigan) who is SLOWLY transitioning from managing and not losing games, to, showing more of an ability to drive the ball down the field when it counts the most. They have a young talented defense with a couple of veterans mixed in that gets better as the season progresses. A cold hearted head coach that motivates thru fear and always has his team prepared.
    The bottom line here is that if the pats lose in NO and Miami wins in Buffalo; it sets up a showdown for the outright division lead. With both teams tied at any point in the season, the Dolphins will hold the tiebreaker by virtue of a better divisional record.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Re: Pats fans are overlooking Miami

Everyone knows the stakes hannah.  Let's get through this week first. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

In Response to Pats fans are overlooking Miami:
    All I hear about is Indy, the Jets and every other team in-between. Folks - Miami is for real; they remind me a bit of the 2001 pats. In that, they have a young QB (from Michigan) who is SLOWLY transitioning from managing and not losing games, to, showing more of an ability to drive the ball down the field when it counts the most. They have a young talented defense with a couple of veterans mixed in that gets better as the season progresses. A cold hearted head coach that motivates thru fear and always has his team prepared. The bottom line here is that if the pats lose in NO and Miami wins in Buffalo; it sets up a showdown for the outright division lead. With both teams tied at any point in the season, the Dolphins will hold the tiebreaker by virtue of a better divisional record.
    Posted by hannahlauren

First off,  I wouldnt go and start comparing the 2001 Pats to the 2009 Phins.

Second, No one is overlooking Miami.  We are all fans on this discussion board and some people bring up ridicoulous topics and some bring up good topics.  But we have no control on how this team prepares each week for its opponents.

So we can talk all we want about this team or that team, but in REALITY BB and his staff gets the players ready.  They dont look to us for advice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

Yeah and Miami has to beat Buffalo first..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

our schedual hold some pretty tough teams (on paper) ahead hopefully our D can hold the Saints which seems to be pretty hard for all the 10 teams they have beat. are we playing at home?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

In Response to Re: Pats fans are overlooking Miami:
    our schedual hold some pretty tough teams (on paper) ahead hopefully our D can hold the Saints which seems to be pretty hard for all the 10 teams they have beat. are we playing at home?
    Posted by wtfmaroney

No both on the road against NO and Miami

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

All I hear about is Indy, the Jets and every other team in-between. Folks - Miami is for real; they remind me a bit of the 2001 pats. In that, they have a young QB (from Michigan) who is SLOWLY transitioning from managing and not losing games, to, showing more of an ability to drive the ball down the field when it counts the most. They have a young talented defense with a couple of veterans mixed in that gets better as the season progresses. A cold hearted head coach that motivates thru fear and always has his team prepared. The bottom line here is that if the pats lose in NO and Miami wins in Buffalo; it sets up a showdown for the outright division lead. With both teams tied at any point in the season, the Dolphins will hold the tiebreaker by virtue of a better divisional record.
    Posted by hannahlauren

Here's some news...We didn't play Miami last week or the week before and we're not playing them next week

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Who is Miami?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We have to beat NO before we play MIA, one foot at a time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Ricky is running well but losing Ronnie is going to catch up w/ the phins... Ricky & Ronnie Lol... Feels like im talking about the Jacksons..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response A cold hearted head coach that motivates thru fear and always has his team prepared. Posted by hannahlauren[/QUOTE]

Hannah, Baby: there is no motivation through fear, only anger. That said, I am not worried about Miami, we are better each week, we have all ready been down the Miami road and will not have a problem here in Miami.

Lets get to NO than worry about Miami

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Posted by hannahlauren

I'm certainly not overlooking Miami but this Saints game is huge from a Hype standpoint and it is also sort of measuring stick again for the future much like the Colts. My attention span isn't broad enough to let me get past the Aints right now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOGAH-2009. Show TOGAH-2009's posts

Um, it has no bearing or relevance what the Pat FANS do or think.

Thanks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

actually, the subject came up during the bye week - so, we know the stakes. It's a numbers game.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

no one is overlooking MIA. the thing is, NO is on the list next, so that is who we have to look at now.  to look at MIA would be overlooking NO which would be a mistake.  and we don't have to worry about MIA catching the Pats if the Pats handle their business.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Posted by hannahlauren

Surely you jest. Though I agree with you that the Dolphins are a tough, well coached, gritty team, they have no where near the talent and the fire-power of teams like the Colts, Pats, Vikings, and Saints.

A "showdown for the division lead"??? If the Pats can't beat out the Dolphins in the AFC East, they have no business even discussing a SB birth. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The reason we're overlooking Miami is because it the Saints this week.

The Saints.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Some people might be over looking the Fins but not all of us. But PMike is right this week is teh Saints so this week we shouldnt be worried about anyone other then the saints.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

The reason we're overlooking Miami is because it the Saints this week. The Saints.
    Posted by prairiemike

BINGO!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Posted by hannahlauren

Umm, I, first and only really, am a fan. I don't play. I don't need to focus on this week's opponent or next year's schedule. I have the luxury of overlooking any team that I want to. I tend not to because I think each team can give any other team a headache, but I have found it doesn't really matter if I am taking a team for granted or not. The Pats will still play them on Sunday and I will watch. 

My main focus is to ensure I have a decent selection of food and beverages for the game. Oh, and to know what time the game is. And, as I live in an area that doesn't show all the games, I should check to see if the game is on TV. That is it. My checklist for preparation. 100% successful.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

If we have to worry about the Pats losing the division to Miami, then this team has some serious far-reaching issues.

The Pats are better than Miami.

The Pats should win their division. If they can't, then the BB needs to find the reasons and make the appropriate changes that must be made.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Pats fans are overlooking Miami : Umm, I, first and only really, am a fan. I don't play. I don't need to focus on this week's opponent or next year's schedule. I have the luxury of overlooking any team that I want to. I tend not to because I think each team can give any other team a headache, but I have found it doesn't really matter if I am taking a team for granted or not. The Pats will still play them on Sunday and I will watch.  My main focus is to ensure I have a decent selection of food and beverages for the game. Oh, and to know what time the game is. And, as I live in an area that doesn't show all the games, I should check to see if the game is on TV. That is it. My checklist for preparation. 100% successful.
    Posted by EnochRoot

Enoch, the saints/pats game is on monday.......do you want anyone to bring beer and chips? LOL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

You mean the same Miami that lost their best running back and the key to the wildcat offense that used to give the Pats fits for the year? 

Let's get clear: Miami may make the playoffs but they have no shot of winning the Super Bowl first. Write it down - no shot. 

So it's easy to push Miami aside because the assumption is that the Pats will beat Miami. If the Pats lose to Miami they deserve to be a pretender this year and not a contender. That said, once the Saints game is over everyone will be focusing on the Miami game. Right now a battle looms with an undefeated team so that's what needs to be talked about right now. Miami itself should be thinking about the Bills - while not a great team, if the Bills beat them, the "showdown" with the Pats won't mean that much. 

I personally think the Colts are scarier than the Saints but we'll find out soon about enough about that. I tend to disrespect NFC teams but if the Saints spank the Pats I'll obviously think different.

Sections
Shortcuts