Pats Fans (Pre-2001)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Pats Fans (Pre-2001)

How long have you been attending Pats game or when did you start watching them?

What is your favorite live moment at the old Foxboro Stadium?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Re: Pats Fans (Pre-2001)

Mid seventies....My favorite Foxboro moment....I went to Bradys first start against the Colts and Brian Cox decked a Colts rb and that set the tone for D for the rest of the year....Pats won 44 to 10

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

In Response to Pats Fans (Pre-2001):
    [QUOTE]How long have you been attending Pats game or when did you start watching them? What is your favorite live moment at the old Foxboro Stadium?
    Posted by NoPinkHatPatsFans[/QUOTE]The first Pats game I went to was great...the end zones went from right field to the third base side ....of Fenway Park in 1963...Pats vs Bills....I remember Babe Parelli, Gino, and Jack Kemp....I knew parking would be a problem so Fred Flintstone was nice enough to drop us off.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Wow. You have me beat, Doc Brown.  You're old.  But, at least it makes for a cool story.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Fans (Pre-2001):
    [QUOTE]We going to whip out our d*cks and have a p*ssing contest after this?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Do we get paid for that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

My clearest memory at Sullivan Stadium can be seen in my avatar . . .  but that was a truly miserable day.

The most fun I ever had at the stadium was tearing down the goal posts after the Pats beat Cincinnatti to make the playoffs in 1985.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

pats fans pre 2001 are the ones i enjoy talking to...unfortunetly...crusty cant be included among them

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

JimmyJack was born in 1983.  He doesn't have many memories of Dan Marino doing anything worthwhile in the playoffs.

Meanwhile, my first game happened to be in 1985 against Miami, when Jackie was dropping pancakes into his peach and teal diaper.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatssoxVA. Show PatssoxVA's posts

Been to all stadiums except BC (Harvard, BU, Fenway, Old and New Foxboro).
    Season ticket holder 1994 - 1999.
    Best game, Nov 1994. Minn up 20 -0 at halftime.  Bledsoe went no huddle the entire 2nd half. Final NE 26 - Minn 20.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

My first Pats game was in the mid-80's after moving here from the UK.  I remember sitting on aluminum seats at a Miami-Pats game in the November pouring rain thinking that the weather reminded me of football (soccer) weather back home.  I remember the Killer B's (the Blackwoods) were the big names on the Dolphins defense.  I was always a NE Sports fan because my mom grew up in Dorchester.  That game was my first indoctrination to Patriots football.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Was that in November of 1985? That was my first game too.  Starring was flagged for offensive PI on a 1st qtr out and up that was called back.

17-13 Pats win on a raw and rainy day. 

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198511030nwe.htm

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]My clearest memory at Sullivan Stadium can be seen in my avatar . . .  but that was a truly miserable day. The most fun I ever had at the stadium was tearing down the goal posts after the Pats beat Cincinnatti to make the playoffs in 1985.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

P-Mike..I was at that Game..North Endzone. I got blind sided by a cop when I ran out on the field... He would of never got me if it was fair and square.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats Fans (Pre-2001) : P-Mike..I was at that Game..North Endzone. I got blind sided by a cop when I ran out on the field... He would of never got me if it was fair and square.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

The north goal post went first. I was toward the other end on the Pats' side -- Ronnie Lippet pushed me out of his way getting off the field (he wasn't very big, for an NFL guy) -- and once the first goal post came down, security and the cops made a ring around the south goal post and all the fans from the other end came running down and there was just this incredible crush of people that kept creeping closer and closer to the post. A few of the first people in got billy-clubbed for their efforts, but there was no way that thing wasn't coming down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]JimmyJack was born in 1983.  He doesn't have many memories of Dan Marino doing anything worthwhile in the playoffs. Meanwhile, my first game happened to be in 1985 against Miami, when Jackie was dropping pancakes into his peach and teal diaper.
    Posted by NoPinkHatPatsFans[/QUOTE]

This fued has a familiar fell to it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Remember when you'd walk up the gates and there'd be beer cans and bottles only covering the pavement because the trash bins were so quickly filled up?

That was hilarious.

Kraft puts a few more trash cans at the gates compared to Sullivan.  haha

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]Was that in November of 1985? That was my first game too.  Starring was flagged for offensive PI on a 1st qtr out and up that was called back. 17-13 Pats win on a raw and rainy day.  http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198511030nwe.htm

Could have been that game, I was 12 or 13 at the time so the timing seems about right.  I remember Grogan with the neck roll, shoeless Franklin, and Stephen "don't pronouce it STEEVEN" Starring.    

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Been following the Patriots since 1969, the year i started playing the game as a kid.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I started in the 60's as well but for a different reason.  There was an guy who did artwork for the sports page of the Globe back then.  It was a full page talking about Nance.  I kept that page for a while.  I don't know why it impressed me so.  Anyway, it got me to following the Pats.

My last game at Sullivan stadium was when Sam the Bam blew out his knee.  The Pats never recovered from that one.  Not that there was much to recover from but us fans found out things can get worse.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

1978 Bills @ Pats snowed three feet during the game. Took over 2 1/2 hour to just get out of the grass field they called a parking lot. Joined the Army and have not seen a home game since. I did see them two years ago in San Diego with Cassel at the helm. I am going to see the Bills and Pats on the 26th and I am pretty excited about that!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

My first games I remember were after we drafted Bledsoe. Fondly remember Curtis Martin, Glenn, Coates, Jefferson, Slade, Clay, etc... So the Bledsoe/Parcells era is when I started I think 1995.
    Interesting story behind becoming a Pats fan. Never really liked football. It was all baseball for me growing up. My friend was a Pats fan, he picked them because he wanted to support a up and coming team that was not from the Midwest (where we live) and who everybody was not on their bandwagon. I started watching games with him and we still watch them today 15 years later!Cool

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Went to my first game around 1978 and had season tix for about 15 yrs starting when they hired Parcells in '93.  Some of the more memorable games at the old house were the playoff game in the fog vs. Pittsburgh and the AFC Championship game vs. Jax but nothing could top the last game they ever played there, the Oakland Snow Bowl.  Total craziness!!  I had friends leave when Brady fumbled and when the call was reversed (good ole Tuck rule!!) they had to bribe a security guard to let them back in the stadium.  When Vinatieri's miraculous field goal left his foot, I swear it never got more than 10 ft high and didn't look like it even had a slight chance to travel 47 yds.

I was also lucky enough to get a Super Bowl ticket that yr and it would be tough to decide which of those games was more fun to be at.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]JimmyJack was born in 1983.  He doesn't have many memories of Dan Marino doing anything worthwhile in the playoffs. Meanwhile, my first game happened to be in 1985 against Miami, when Jackie was dropping pancakes into his peach and teal diaper.
    what stanks like burnt toast?

btw...born in 82...

but you were never very good with facts, were ya crusty?

but i must say...its quite pathetic that you have to make up new names every week to post here now...you and soft law on the red sox board would make a great couple...that way, neither of boston's most important teams would ever lose again with all your marvelous expertise!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

My first Pats game was when John Hannah's number was retired..it was a long time ago and I dont remember the game..I believe it was the Victor Kiam owned franchise..the Pats were pretty bad..I still lived in Worcester at the time..

I first started watching in the Grogan era..my fondest memories are listening to Gino Cap and Gil Santos in the car driving with my dad..I loved Stanley Morgan, Russ Francis etc...my favorite player was Sam the Bam Cunnignham!!

I now live in Los Angeles..however, I did get back to Gillette in 2004 for a game against the Bengals..it was awesome..this summer I visisted Patriot Place and Hall of Fame it was great!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

In Response to Pats Fans (Pre-2001):
    [QUOTE]How long have you been attending Pats game or when did you start watching them? What is your favorite live moment at the old Foxboro Stadium?

I go back to the early 60s and Babe Parelli.

As far as my favorite moment at Foxboro stadium....they are a bunch.  Back in 76 the Pats blow out the Raiders and then lose to them in the playoffs on the infamous Ben Dreth roughing the passer call.

Even though I lived out of the area we returned to watch the home opener of Gillete stadium and watched the Pats dismantle the Steelers on Monday night.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I go back to the AFL days. First Pats game I saw was at Fenway Park in 1963 against the Denver Broncos. I remember the Pats won big. (40-21, I admit I had to look up the score.)

My best Foxborough memory wasn't a football game. Schaefer Stadium in '74 or '75 (a little hazy on the year) The Edgar Winter Group was warming up for Humble Pie. While playing  "Frankenstein" a massive thunderstorm let loose and they had to get off the stage. Half the crowd took cover under the tarp on the field. The other half started sliding around on top. The emcee went nuts threatening the crowd but there wasn't much he could do. Finally one of the members of Humble Pie came out and said that if we all left they'd  "come back tomorrow and play our a**es off for ya'!" They made good on their promise.
    Great show! Does anyone else remember that?
    What can I say? I miss the 70's.

Sections
Shortcuts