Pats fans should be P.O.'d

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Pats fans should be P.O.'d

The Dallas Cowboys hanging of it scoreboard is exactly the sort of thing I would expect from Bill Belichick, shenanigan player extraoridnaire that he is. 

The difference, however, is that I believe that the pats (if they had a stadium that could accomodate this) would be sanctioned to the high heavens for such a thing, while Jerry Jones is getting a free pass and punters are getting "do-overs". 
    If pats fans want to complain about double standards - Jerry Jones has just become the poster boy. 

By the way - The colts looked into hanging a scoreboard for their new stadium.  They hung a beam 90 ft up and had Hunter Smith (not the strongest leg) kick to see if he could hit it.  He did, so they abandoned the idea. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Pats fans should be P.O.'d

I'm not P.O.'d.  I'm also not sure why you think this is the type of thing BB would do.  I too was ticked off over the post-memo videotaping, but has he done anything else of substance?  Before you answer let me just say this.  For all the talk about BB, if any fan of any other team's coach retired, and BB left the Pats to be their new HC, I doubt I would see anything other than joy on their forums.

For all we joke about Dungy, ditto.  Those who have lived through lean times know the value of a great HC.  If BB retired, Pope Dungy would look pretty good on the sideline.  Life bites when your team is led by an awful coach.  Just ask jbolted.

Back on topic, I think the massive video board is a great idea.  Unless you get great seats, it's hard to see the game or the players with good detail.  Binos don't cut it.  I think Jerry cut new ground that will be imitated over the years.  I don't think there was malice involved.  That said, since do-over's do increase the likelihood of a better return the 2nd time around, who knows.  It will be raised next year.  Remember, since the NFL approved every little detail of the plans, they are also at fault.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antleite. Show antleite's posts

Jerry Jones is definitely putting his foot down on this issue and wont change his mind but apparently the scoreboard is within NFL guidelines. That's why after the NFL has reviewed the issue they havent forced JJ to move the scoreboard. Although as an NFL fan I don't think there should be such a thing as "do-overs" in the league.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I got to dissagree with you carawaydj, I would not for any reason want Tony Dungy or any of his coaching tree to ever coach this football team. I would rather we hire a real head coach. The Tampa Two is for p*ssys like Dungy not the NE Patriots.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Is there any actual rule or code which mandates any such interfering object a certain distance? That's the real question. If not, then it would have to go for a committee or some sort of vote. I don't have a problem with the big screens, as you mention, it's great to see the details and replays when you're at the game. The real guys look like ants running around (unless you're lucky enough to have down front seats). But they should do some sort of study and come up with a minimum height. Then if someone does hit it you can have the mulligan. But it would have to be high enough to make those flukes. I wouldn't expect them to have to raise or eliminate it this season, though. Just another sign of "progress". When they wrote the rule book there were no such things. We'll see who it may hurt, and then see if they are amongst those trying to have it moved.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Pats fans should be P.O.'d:
    I'm not P.O.'d.  I'm also not sure why you think this is the type of thing BB would do.  I too was ticked off over the post-memo videotaping, but has he done anything else of substance?  Before you answer let me just say this.  For all the talk about BB, if any fan of any other team's coach retired, and BB left the Pats to be their new HC, I doubt I would see anything other than joy on their forums. For all we joke about Dungy, ditto.  Those who have lived through lean times know the value of a great HC.  If BB retired, Pope Dungy would look pretty good on the sideline.  Life bites when your team is led by an awful coach.  Just ask jbolted. Back on topic, I think the massive video board is a great idea.  Unless you get great seats, it's hard to see the game or the players with good detail.  Binos don't cut it.  I think Jerry cut new ground that will be imitated over the years.  I don't think there was malice involved.  That said, since do-over's do increase the likelihood of a better return the 2nd time around, who knows.  It will be raised next year.  Remember, since the NFL approved every little detail of the plans, they are also at fault.

Id rather see Moore the offensive coordinator of the Colts have a position on our coaching staff then Dungy. Im not saying he is a terrible coach but there are definetely 10 HC's right now whom I would rather have coach the Pats then Dungy. Not a Dungy hater or anything but I do think moore is as valuable to the Colts then Dungy. Dungy is not a good fit for the Pats IMO!
    Posted by carawaydj

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If I was Jerry Jones, I wouldn't move the scoreboard unless the NFL pays for it. They o.k.ed the schematics of the stadium. They are the ones at fault for it not Jerry. 

I seriously doubt that Kraft would build a dome stadium. This is NE, players should learn to play in the harsh NE weather. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

If I was Jerry Jones, I wouldn't move the scoreboard unless the NFL pays for it. They o.k.ed the schematics of the stadium. They are the ones at fault for it not Jerry.  I seriously doubt that Kraft would build a dome stadium. This is NE, players should learn to play in the harsh NE weather. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

From what i have heard, he has to raise it for a U2 concert at the stadium and he has to pay for it, why not just leave it up and save everyone the trouble

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Dogg- Just worry about keeping the lights on in your stadium. Irsay already has Mayflower on speed dial and Polian has the the OK from Goodell.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

So you post on a Patriots thread calling the Patriot's head coach a shenanigan player extraordinaire? What kind of reaction are you looking to get?

You're a troll and always have been from what I have read from you over the past year and should be treated as such, despite you always playing the victim when someone tells you to stick it.

Try to remember that St. Dungy, the pied piper of piped in sound et al, found God again only after his son found a permanent way to show the world that Tony was neither coach, nor father of the year despite spending all his time at the office and away from the family. If you catch my drift. 

If Pats fans should be p.o.'d at all it should be with trolls who support out of town teams constantly posting stupid threads in order to get reactions while they try to come off as victims when they are exposed as sh!t stirrers.

FYI I was at the Colts/Vikings game a couple of weeks ago and I'd be worried if I were you. Your Colts looked like a s s and the fans are bracing for an 8-8 season (9-7 at best). The fans in Indy weren't as smug about their team's chances this year as you appear to be!!! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Rowdy - you could have actually made your point stick but that third paragraph of yours just labeled you as another king sh*t head with an axe to grind.  You remind me of a pathetic excuse for a human.

As for my smugness, you apparently don't read much.  Otherwise you might find a  bit of concern in my comments.  I guess 100 words a week is your reading limit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Why should Patriots' fans care about Jerry Jones and his weeny Cowboys in the NFC Least? But now that you mention it, what is with this "do-over" stuff? I think when they asked Jim Mora about it, he said, "Do Over?!#? Do Over??? We finally hit a good punt and you call a 'Do Over'?"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Bob - good stuff.  I can envision that now.  LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from All4Indiana. Show All4Indiana's posts

Re: RowdyRodRust

Your Colts looked like a s s and the fans are bracing for an 8-8 season (9-7 at best). The fans in Indy weren't as smug about their team's chances this year as you appear to be!!!
    --------------------------------------
    That is one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read.  After this past draft optimism is sky high.  We went 12-4 in one of our most injury riddled seasons ever.  9-7?  8-8?  Pfffft!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

This does affect both teams.  If you have a punter who has the propensity to hit high kicks, this could affect the game in that the punter has to adjust their kicking style to avoid the board, which may then result in poor kicks.  Wait for the game in which there are do-overs 2-3 times for the SAME down or a poor kick, to avoid hitting the board, results in a game changing play.  Wouldn't it be a real laugher it this happened to the Cowboys in their own house?. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

So you post on a Patriots thread calling the Patriot's head coach a shenanigan player extraordinaire? What kind of reaction are you looking to get? You're a troll and always have been from what I have read from you over the past year and should be treated as such, despite you always playing the victim when someone tells you to stick it. Try to remember that St. Dungy, the pied piper of piped in sound et al, found God again only after his son found a permanent way to show the world that Tony was neither coach, nor father of the year despite spending all his time at the office and away from the family. If you catch my drift.  If Pats fans should be p.o.'d at all it should be with trolls who support out of town teams constantly posting stupid threads in order to get reactions while they try to come off as victims when they are exposed as sh!t stirrers. FYI I was at the Colts/Vikings game a couple of weeks ago and I'd be worried if I were you. Your Colts looked like a s s and the fans are bracing for an 8-8 season (9-7 at best). The fans in Indy weren't as smug about their team's chances this year as you appear to be!!! 
    Posted by ROWDYRODRUST

Amen Rowdy - Underdoogg is a sh!tpoke, and soft just like his team

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

Rowdy - you could have actually made your point stick but that third paragraph of yours just labeled you as another king sh*t head with an axe to grind.  You remind me of a pathetic excuse for a human. As for my smugness, you apparently don't read much.  Otherwise you might find a  bit of concern in my comments.  I guess 100 words a week is your reading limit.
    Posted by underdogg

Actually, I would say that his third paragraph was the most on-point, apparently he has had the misfortune of reading your drivel in other posts

Also, along with your self righteous nonsense we have to hear about your intellectual superiority?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Re: RowdyRodRust

In Response to Re: RowdyRodRust:

Your Colts looked like a s s and the fans are bracing for an 8-8 season (9-7 at best). The fans in Indy weren't as smug about their team's chances this year as you appear to be!!! -------------------------------------- That is one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read.  After this past draft optimism is sky high.  We went 12-4 in one of our most injury riddled seasons ever.  9-7?  8-8?  Pfffft!
    Posted by All4Indiana

Let's get real.... unless the new RB is a monster, the Colts are sub-.500 this year with a leaky defense, tougher schedule, and tough competition within the division. Dingy left for a reason....he saw the deterioration coming. I am sure these Colts' trolls will cite injuries after the 7-9 cry-fest season.

Sections
Shortcuts