Pats fans what was the best REGULAR season game of decade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Re: Pats fans what was the best REGULAR season game of decade?

posted at 12/31/2009 4:39 PM EST
    First: 9/13/2008
    Last: 12/31/2009
    The Jets game in which Mo Lewis injured Bledsoe - this is the game that launched the dynasty. 

+1............Without this game none of the others mentioned may never of happened.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

the miami game after the snow storm  where brushci picked off  the miami qb (dilfer?) and scored and  the place went nuts tossin snow in the air

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Dec 27, 2003 Pats/Bills

The Patriots' best regular season ever at the time. In a poetic 31-0 splattering of the Buffalo Bills, The Patriots won their 12th straight game avenging the season opening loss(31-0) to the Drew Bledsoe lead Bills.

The Broncos and Colts games of '03 made for great finishes, as well, but the Patriots absolutely demoralized The Bills in the last regular season game with sweet revenge.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Sam,
    I always considered the Miami Game the snow bowl 2. I never heard the Blizzard Bowl but you could be right. The Miami game is the game that I liked. The snow in the air was awesome.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thompy. Show thompy's posts

I seem to recall that the Cox hit was on receiver Brandon Stokely, but I wouldn't bet on it.

One of my favorites was the game against the Colts where David Patten ran, threw, and caught a touchdown.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Both pretty awesome games Sam... We are so spoiled with this Patriots team it's sick. I wish I was at that Oakland game. That had to be awesome.  The Miami game was really one for the ages too if your a Pats fan.Absolutely have never seen anything like it in a game before or since.Everytime I see the highlights I miss Bruschi..Big play after big play after big play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I watched the Patriots have their undefeated  reg. season vs the Giants at a villa in St. Maarten. Great game, great weather.....god bless the dish network.  This game (of the Pats playing for the record): Comeback in th 4th after being down and not laying down and resting players for SB run is why the Patriots will always have bigger cajones than the Colts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

That game is on the NFL network at 8 tonight

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from boom95. Show boom95's posts

The OTHER Retired perfect Patriot Troy Brown In Miami win, just another day for #80

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyPatsFan. Show ArmyPatsFan's posts

One of the best games of the decade was at the Colts in 2001 when David Patten ran, threw and caught TD's all in the same game.  He ran for like a 20 yd end around TD, threw a 60 yd TD to my man Troy Brown, caught a franchise record 92 yrd TD from Brady, and (bc most people forget this) caught another TD from Brady later in the game. 
    Another great game was a game in the middle of the 2004 season, against the Rams, right after getting monkey stomped by Pittsburgh.  The secondary was so depleted we had Troy Brown in the secondary.  The Pats shake off the beating from Pittsburgh and a slow start against the Rams fairly powerful offense.  They end up taking the Rams down hard behind 100 yrds from Dillon and a great fake FG TD pass from Vinatieri to Brown.  Gotta lot the trickery! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

The domination of Buffalo. 13 wins in a row. You could say that Buffalo hasn't been very good but I'm glad we're getting more than even for all those muggings by the Jim Kelly / Thurman Thomas Bills.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

There were so many it's really hard to choose one. For me it's probably the one where Willie stopped the Colts on 4th and goal. That game decided home field for the playoff game. The disgusted look on Manning's face was PRICELESS!!! Of course, Bruschi sliding into the end zone against Miami and the "safety" game against the Broncos were pretty special, too. The season finale from 07 was good, too, but the disappointment of five weeks later sort of dulls it, IMO. I guess I'm sticking with the Colts game. Of all the players who've left I think I miss Willie the most. He always seemed to make that huge play when it was put up or shut up time!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Bub Where the heck have you been ?? I just posted about you wondering if you are ok  Glad to see you back!!
    And I agree with you about Willie, frankly I rather see him here in #55 than Seau.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwzKDEbeN9E&feature=related

the perfect game against the titans.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Dec 27, 2003 Pats/Bills

The Patriots' best regular season ever at the time. In a poetic 31-0 splattering of the Buffalo Bills, The Patriots won their 12th straight game avenging the season opening loss(31-0) to the Drew Bledsoe lead Bills.

Hog you nailed it... 

The McGinest stuff on the goal line was sweet, the Troy Brown walk off kick return against the Dolphins and the Snowbowl game were great, snapping it through our own goal post to get another shot on offense was brilliant by Belichick...

But the win against the Bills, after having cut Lawyer Milloy and taking a beating in the opener 31-0 than finishing off the season beating the same Bill's team 31-0 was serendipitous.  Props to Larry Izzo for intercepting the final pass in the endzone to preserve the shut out...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Against the Colts where McGinest tackled James at 4th and goal from the 1.

Sections
Shortcuts