Pats favored by 3 1/2, how do you think the game comes out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Pats favored by 3 1/2, how do you think the game comes out?

Forecast is temps in mid 20s, so I see it low scoring. I would take the Ravens with the points, I think it ends up as a 3 point win by the Pats.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Re: Pats favored by 3 1/2, how do you think the game comes out?

I've posted all ready that I think they win big or lose a close one. But I'm going with the former. Pats 37-17

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I'm betting the Pats this week. I expect them to win by 7+ plus points. We scored 27 against them early on in the year when Our offense still looked like junk. Pats 31- Ravens 23.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81patsfan. Show 81patsfan's posts

im just predicting a beatdown of the raveness

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Tom Brady has been throwing the hard-thrown 10 yard toss over the middle all season, again and again and again, relieved by the 10 yard bubble screen and the 5 yard screen pass.  The cold and wind will affect these short, hard tosses a little, but nothing compared to the problems Joe Flacco will have. 

Baltimore has little or no pass defense against this type of offense.  Their entire back seven is hobbled and their pass rush is hobbled too.

Baltimore is already a completely one-dimensional running team.  They don't trust Flacco.  Willis McGahee will run into Wilfork and Warren all day.  Then Baltimore will punt.  Then Brady will rack up first downs.  Then it will be Joe Flacco throwing in the cold and wind to catch up, playing against a weak link third Patriots cornerback.  Hmm. 

My head says to keep the point differential down a bit because Baltimore is a playoff-caliber team.  Nah.  Pats 27, Baltimore 10, with Baltimore scoring the last 7 of that 10 in garbage time. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I'd love to think it'd be a blowout, but I have a feeling it's going to be a defensive struggle.

The last line I heard was 2.5, which I would take.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marcus1973. Show Marcus1973's posts

Pats 24-21

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

I like Paul_K optimism (and power ratings system). We should believe that our team can win it all. Was it the best team in 2001 play-offs? If Pats beat SD in 2006, why not this year? Even without WW, our receiver corps are better than 2006 version. I'll say Pats 24-13.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The Raven's didn't look all that impressive against the Raiders, who had nothing to play for, while the Ravens did.  One would think they'd run away with a win against a, then, 5 - 10 team.  And some folks, especially Raven's fans think it will be a different team this time?  The Pats have something to play for, too, now.  Plus they will be somewhat healthier, less WW, compared to the first game they played this season while the Ravens are a bit short on a few players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

Let's be happy with a one point win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

34-17 Pats

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I think and hope the Pats smack rayray and the rest of the LB thugs on the mouth.  Run Morris and Taylor inside, gain yards and let them know you can run and abuse their so called strength which is run defense. 

Then here comes play action and Randy will burn them for 2 td edelman for another.

Pats 31 Ravens 17

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

I think this is going to be the best game in the opening round.  That NE Defense looks bad, but I'm not sure the Ravens are the team to take advantage of that weakness.  The Pat offense still looks deadly to me if Edelman can step up.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Raven D plays like they would if Welker was there - acknowledges that Edelman will get his catches, but doesn't let Moss get anything deep or medium range.  If I had to guess, I think the Ravens will win this one, but it's as much of a toss-up as there is this week-end.  The Pats definitely got the tougher draw - NE would kill the Jets IMHO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Tough to bet against the Pats at home, after a loss, and if they play in the snow. I think the Pats will win 24-14. Game will be similar to last time we just won't give up a score on offense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Thanks for the advice, Sam.  But actually I am strongly rooting for the Pats.  As a Colt fan, I'd much rather my team play the winner of the NYJ/Cin than the Ravens.  Plus, I'd much rather SD play NE in the divisional round...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r. Show Hammah29r's posts

Pats 27
    crows 10

I think that getting warren and wilfork back will be hugh. Plus, rayray and co are gonna get to see the 12th man live,loud and in living color. the razah is gonna be fkn rockin and rolling big time. low to mid 20's if your standing still. my only wish! 60 minutes of foohball!
    it's january
    it's the playoffs
    it's Patriots football time!

whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouh!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Realistically, the Colts could lose their first game no matter who they're playing (but I don't think they will).  If they are one and done this year, I don't think it'll affect anything.  I don't believe that resting the starters is a momentum killer.  I actually don't even believe in momentum at all as it's applied to this situation.  The Colt starters have been playing well, and I don't think that'll be affected by the fact the back-ups lost a couple of games.  I don't see how players can be "rusty" after practicing every day and playing a quarter or two. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Andy Gresh from  98.5 just picked the Pats to completely blow out the Ravens. That pretty unusual for him so let's hope he on to something.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Mark LeVoir pancakes #52 AKA the Criminal for good measure.

Patriots - 17
    Ravens- 10

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Any of you guys listen to the Pats internet radio? Man, the patriots palybook has been real negative.  Only Fred on the show was for the team.  That being said I think the Pats by 4.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

"Jules, it wasn't just about resting their starters for the playoffs. It was about giving up a perfect season to do it. Now, let me ask you again. What will the fallout be if they give up a perfect season to rest their starters and then lose to NY/Cincy?"

It doesn't sound like it's the answer you want, but I see no fallout whatsoever.  If the Colts lose in the playoffs it'll be because they were outplayed, not because they rested their starters or gave up the perfect season.  I don't think the decision sits well with the players, but if they can't win in the playoffs, then they weren't going to go undefeated anyway.  Seems to me, if the Colts win the SB, THEN the players have a right to hold a grudge!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Agree about Gostokowki.  Best kicker in football...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Texas court orders Colt McCoy to change his name to Gelding McCoy for being such a wimp in the national championship game

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

I'm in the minority, but I personally disagree with the statement that "If they lose then it could be said the rest disrupted the momentum and timing of an undefeated team".  I don't see how a team that's been practicing and playing well all year loses timing because the starters only play one to three quarters in the final two games.  It seems to be an overblown concept that isn't based in reality.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

Double digit win for the Patriots.

Sections
Shortcuts