Pats fire DC!!!!!! YES!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Pats fire DC!!!!!! YES!

The Patriots have fired dean pees! I have not liked this guy since we hired him. I hope this mean we will promote Pepper Johnson to DC so he cant go to another team.

Who do you guys think we should hire as the new DC?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: Pats fire DC!!!!!! YES!

I hate it when people post lies.....NO link= no truth.

Not on Boston.com, not on ESPN......That would be pretty dumb if the Pats did that....Peas has given us a top 10 D every year he has been here....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Link?  Never heard of this blog....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Link or Lie?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

The story is now breaking all over the place.  There is another post here with a link if needed. 

As for who the next DC should be, I say we give Pepper his chance.  The players really look up to him and he has the experience.  And I'm pretty sure his current contract is up as well, so if we don't give him a chance, someone else probably will. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

It's being reported everywhere, people trying to confirm it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Someone else had the knowledge to post a link......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

They asked Troy Brown about Pepper on some sports show the other day and he didn't think he was "that" guy. Just his opinion so will be very interesting to see.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

BB will put his stamp back on this team..  OK M'fer's..  BB just put the whole NFL on notice !!!!!!!!!!!!  Think this sht is funny?????  Think i'm not the smartest Mfer in this whole league...  HUH!!!!!!!!!!!  I tried being the nice guy and plyin by the rules...  I'M OVER IT !!!!!!!!    Thids time it's personal.. I'm laying the smackdown on all yall azz???  Manning... Dead...  Brees.... Dead...  SanCHOKE... dead !!!!!!!!!!! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

I see BB taking back full reins of the defense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

And why was this move not made prior to Romeo going to KC? I agree with MVP. Give the job to Pep.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I am a bit surprised. It will be interesting to see how they move forward.

It's not like they can fire the OC. They don't actually have one yet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

This is no good.  Pees was the man.  We've had a top 5 defense all but one year with him (and top 10 the other year).  Makes no sense.  Why fire him?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I guess they did it because he was old ... 60.  Hopefully younger, sharper minds are up to the task.  Maybe the kids on D couldn't relate to him?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Yeah, well, they haven't fired O'Brien yet ... so half my homerism has been supported ... for now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

Ding, D0ng, Pees is Gone...........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I'd like to see Rodney Harrison come back in some capacity. I know he has no experience coaching but he is a fiery competitor and leader. I believe he would make a fine defensive coach.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I don't know, I'm guessing we couldn't stop the run against the Ravens because our top 3 linemen (Green, Fork, Warren) were all injured.  That's not Pees' fault. 

The only frustrating thing about this defense is those 3rd and longs .... I think we got one 3rd and long on Sunday and obviously they convert.  But I've watched other teams, that happens to the best of them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

That's true Killa, I had a hard time coming up with coaches who were star players, but I did think of Mike Singletary.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

"I'd like to see Rodney Harrison come back in some capacity."

You don't leave TV for a minor coaching position.  Rodney ain't going anywhere.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

Although I think Pep may be a good fit in a few years.  I do not think he is ready.  Lets go outside of the scope of New England.  Why would we give this guy the job if he was part of the defense last year.  What I mean is as a DL coach, his guys was responsible for the pass rush and stopping the run.  I want someone who can confuse the offense.  I want someone who defense is scary to face.  I want a 2007 giants defense a 2006 steelers defense a 2000 baltimore defense a 2009 jets defense.  I think we can do better than Pep right now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

If Pepper was so great why didn't belichick make him the dc before, NO please get someone new, outside the organization that has some new ideas!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Yes...Pees is gone...and his firing is long overdue (too many leads blown in the 4th quarter). But, lets' not make him a scapegoat for all that ills the Patriots. Things out of his control, such as injuries and personnel mistakes, all contributed to the season ending on such a downer: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/14/patriots-fire-defensive-coordinator/

The Pats should have cut ties with Pees last season, and paid Dom Capers to stay on as DC. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Pepper is not a good choice. I see BB taking over as the DC

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I like this a half lot.  If they replace him with someone respectable and competent and don't replace him with the team jock strap washer I'll like this a whole lot.  

Sections
Shortcuts