Pats fire DC!!!!!! YES!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Re: Pats fire DC!!!!!! YES!

Now that Pees is gone maybe the two gap scheme can go with him. I want to see more attacking and less reading.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Oh great, now all the whiners come out.  Thank goodness for the ignore button.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Jauron, Groh, or some college coach that Bill has a connection with and will tell him to eff off when necessary.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Is anyone else in agreement that this is the best time to be a football fan? Coaching changes, free agency, draft?

Hope springs eternal. Of course, it always better after a title, but at least my Sunday's will be a lot less stressful.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

MVPKiller...you said the following:

"Pepper Johnson will be with the Giants unless we promote him. And if goes to New York and is a good DC I will personally some how find a way to punch every single fan who was against him in the face. LOL"

Hasn't Pepper been primarily the LBs coach? How well have the Pats' young LBs developed under him? Again...we must ask...is coaching the problem, or lack of talent/poor personnel decision making?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I wonder if it was more of a retirement than getting fired.  He is old and has health issues.  I don't know enough about all the schemes to say if he was bad.  I also don't see the all 22 video to know what exactly is going on. 

I would guess BB either didn't like his schemes or he didn't think he was able to get his plan through to the players.  My guess is the players weren't picking up his plans since BB could change the schemes himself if he didn't like them.  They may just need someone that the players like and look up to who is a good teacher.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I never liked Pees.  When Romeo was DC, we played bend but don't break but we got stops.  Since Pees came on, we have not.  Don't talk about 2007 either, D was not great then, just was masked by huge Offense.  2nd half of the year, we got exposed.  2008 and Matt Cassel puts up 38 points on the Jets and we LOSE.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Amen, Let the heads roll. One good thing is that he didn't f around and got it done right away. We have our pick of the litter right now. Although I like Pepper Johnson too I'd like to see him bring in some new blood to mix it up.Romeo was an @$$ kicker and a vocal guy. That's what I want whoever it may end up being. Next on the Agenda OC. Let the games begin.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

So was he fired?? according to Reiss he decided to leave.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4826721

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

It is possible that he wasn't fired, but left for health reasons too.  The end result is still that we get a new coordinator, but it implies that BB saw nothing wrong with the DC...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

It doesn't imply that Bill liked him as D.C. He never makes decisions that quickly so even if he was going to fire him, it wasn't going to come a few days after being eliminated...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Pats fire DC!!!!!! YES!:
    So was he fired?? according to Reiss he decided to leave. http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4826721
    Posted by NEGAME

BB and Pees have a close relationship.  If he was in fact fired, and didn't leave for personal or health reasons, we'll never know about it.  I'm sure BB would allow him to leave first before firing him to save him from the embarrassment.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sydpat. Show sydpat's posts

Don't be too overjoyed Pats' fans as it looks like Floyd Reese has been called back to Seattle for another interview for the GM'S job!!!!!

Was relying on him to make some wise decisions in draft........did well at Titans.

They don't last long do they?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Semantics.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Wow, amazing how many posts it took for people to realize that Dean Peas WAS NOT fired.  He left for personal reasons (remember, he was hospitalized during the Texans game).

That being said, I think this is a good opportunity to add some new, fresh ideas to the 3-4 scheme the Patriots play.  I'd like to see Al Groh come in, but someone from an attacking 3-4 such as the Steelers defense would be nice as well.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

The thing is, if its Pepper Johnson, will anything change, or will he just run the same system he has been groomed under?  I think this team needs fresh ideas.  Maybe Johnson has some, but I just don't know.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

exactly.the defense stunk.they were only good against the weaker teams.we need a new defensive guy,and new defensive Identity.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

It was time to move on.  TP3 is right that personnel also plays a huge role.  That is BB's responsibility.
    Whoever they get will know that they are only in that role as a stepping-stone to something else.  Because like it or not, if you have a lousy defense you are going to take a lot of heat as the DC.  But if you have a great D, then BB is going to get a lot of the credit - noy you, because that is BB's forte.  Romeo got some credit, but not like Weiss, even though the D was better than the O most every year.
    So they will get someone who is OK with being in the shadow of BB while padding the resume for a future job.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Make no mistake. he was fired, they just gave him the opportunity to leave.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Stats are misleading.  We were the 5th ranked defense, yet, we blew four fourth quarter leads, that is not good defense.  Let's face it, we had a few good games against weak teams (Titans, Jets, Bucs) but against semi-decent teams we couldn't stop them when it mattered.  Look at the Ravens, we knew the plays, and they ran rught through us.  This was also a team that got torched by Chad Henne.  A D that blows leads, gets torched by rookie QB's, is dropped back on 50 times with little pressure, and can't stop what they know is coming, not good.  We need fresh ideas cause whatever happened last year didn't work.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

game-this is true.most cases they will tell the guy to step down,and keep there dignity,instead of the embarrassing fire job.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/14/pees-says-he-stepped-down/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

If I had any concerns about the defense this season it was the big plays, they did tend to give up wide open plays and have breakdowns, that I had never seen during Bill Belichick's time here but attributed to young players.  I guess Bill thought he could find someone to motivate these guys so he wouldn't have to call individual players out in the press..?

If we don't hire a decent play caller on offense than this won't make a big difference.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Pepper is  D-line coach.

Pepper is also not going to the Giants. Fewell signed as the Giants DC. 

The guy that has continually been talked about as the next young cracker jack, ala Josh McDaniel, but on the D side is Matt Patricia. He's the current LB coach and has been for 3 years. Pees was the LB coach for two years prior to assuming the DC role.

IF, and I have no idea, but IF it is indeed Matt Patricia then all you people trying to pile on Pees will get exactly the same thing. The next "caretaker" (ala Romeo, Mangini, Pees) of the BB defensive system.

Whoever takes over best bring his shield because even if he produces a top 10 or 5 defense it won't be good enough and all the complainers will be throwing stones. 

The new DC better have a #1 ranked D because the Offense and Tom Brady hasn't been able to score more than 14 points in it's last two post season games.

If that trend continues the D best be able to keep the other team to 13 or fewer. Good luck with that, based on post season scoring history as a whole.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

GOOD MOVE

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

According to ESPN's Michael Smith, NE LB coach Matt Patricia is rumored to replace him.  If that's the case, the obvious question to me is......does BB try to get Tedy into coaching?

Sections
Shortcuts