Pats Free Agent Signing WR Nyan Boateng

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

Pats Free Agent Signing WR Nyan Boateng

I first got this information from the NE Patriots draft blog. According to free agent WR Nyan Boateng's website, the Patriots have signed him to a free agent deal:

http://www.nyanboateng.net/

Highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZXFO6f81HY

Opinions?

He looks pretty athletic (please note how ridiculously high he jumps from 2:34 to 2:44) and throws a couple of nice blocks in the video. The one thing I didn't like was that it seems like he doesn't maintain very good balance after he makes catches and loses some potential YAC.

I mean, he's probably just a warm body for camp anyway, but he is a former US Army All-American and highly touted recruit. He played at Florida for a year before transferring to Cal.

EDIT: False alarm, he is not coming to the Pats.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

Re: Pats Free Agent Signing WR Nyan Boateng

hes pretty beastly

would be a nice practice squad player for a year so he can tone his game

then maybe fill the void moss'll create

i also like our other WR URFA Bryan Anderson from CMU

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

They also invited Brewer from Northwestern in for a tryout. So they are looking too upgrade the WR corps.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Not afraid to go in the middle to get the ball, a taller version of Welker.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Pats Free Agent Signing WR Nyan Boateng:
    I first got this information from the NE Patriots draft blog. According to free agent WR Nyan Boateng's website, the Patriots have signed him to a free agent deal: http://www.nyanboateng.net/ Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZXFO6f81HY Opinions? He looks pretty athletic (please note how ridiculously high he jumps from 2:34 to 2:44) and throws a couple of nice blocks in the video. The one thing I didn't like was that it seems like he doesn't maintain very good balance after he makes catches and loses some potential YAC. I mean, he's probably just a warm body for camp anyway, but he is a former US Army All-American and highly touted recruit. He played at Florida for a year before transferring to Cal.
    Posted by PeaceLaur

I think this falls partially on the QB for some poorly thrown balls, but he did seem to be on the ground quite often with some potential YAC to be made.

I also agree that  he's probably a camp body only.

He also is one of the morons that failed a drug test at the combine.  I don't get that one, I can see failing a random test, but when you know the exact date of the test, how do you fail?  Shows a clear lack of intelligence and self control.

My favorite part of the video is at the end when the words "The Chosen O1ne" appear, kinda of ironic since he wasn't "chosen" by a single team in the draft, ha.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

USUALLY CAL-BERKLEY DOESN'T ACCEPT MORONS EVEN IF THEY FOOTBALL PLAYERS..MAYBE HE IS ONE EXCEPTION?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Free Agent Signing WR Nyan Boateng:
    Not afraid to go in the middle to get the ball, a taller version of Welker.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

Uhmm... He looks faster, stronger than Welker, too.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He plays like Brandon Marshall. 

I think that these rookies (Price, Edelman, Tate, Anderson) all have a chance to be great if they can stay humble and are willing to learn. They have two great role models on the team in Moss-man and Bolting Holt. They have an opportunity to be really good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

might just be the plays that were executed, but aside from a few long balls where the D flat out lost his location on the field, it doesn't seem like he has a nack for creating separation.

Seems like he makes up for that in athleticism and his ability to catch the ball at its peak, and in tight spaces with traffic around him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

In Response to Pats Free Agent Signing WR Nyan Boateng:
    I first got this information from the NE Patriots draft blog. According to free agent WR Nyan Boateng's website, the Patriots have signed him to a free agent deal: http://www.nyanboateng.net/ Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZXFO6f81HY Opinions? He looks pretty athletic (please note how ridiculously high he jumps from 2:34 to 2:44) and throws a couple of nice blocks in the video. The one thing I didn't like was that it seems like he doesn't maintain very good balance after he makes catches and loses some potential YAC. I mean, he's probably just a warm body for camp anyway, but he is a former US Army All-American and highly touted recruit. He played at Florida for a year before transferring to Cal.
    Posted by PeaceLaur

I couldn't find anything about him signing with the Pats on his website. The only thing I found was this on Cal's website.

Nyan Boateng Invited to San Francisco 49ers Rookie Mini-Camp

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

In Response to Pats Free Agent Signing WR Nyan Boateng : I couldn't find anything about him signing with the Pats on his website. The only thing I found was this on Cal's website. Nyan Boateng Invited to San Francisco 49ers Rookie Mini-Camp
    Posted by nightrider495

The entry that was on his website earlier has been removed. There used to be a bit at the top saying something about how he was excited to find an opportunity in the NFL with the team of the decade, the New England Patriots.

Someone also recently asked Ian Rapoport on Twitter if the Pats had signed him, and Rapoport said they did not.

Don't know if there was a misunderstanding, but it looks like Nyan won't be at rookie mini-camp for the Pats.

I'm good as long as I can still dream about the potential of Taylor Price and Bryan Anderson. Smile

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Awesome, maybe now we can have another 100 "Terrence Nunn" type threads after he makes a few catches against 4th stringers in the preseason.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

haha this is very funny

I went to high school (Abraham Lincoln HS)  with this guy and played basketball with him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

I think he is falling because he is getting absolutley no seperation on most of these plays.

The QB may be off target or he could be throwing over one sholder or the other to prevent an interception... I am not sure i would have to watch how the CB is playing the route to determine if the QB is making a conscious effort to avoid the INT.

It looks like he lives over the middle a bit so maybe he is affraid to take off after the catch... Maybe he watched that film of Wes Welker getting popped by Ryan Clark of the Steelers and he figured he would rather fall down than take one for the team...

who knows

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

As of this afternoon he's not listed as a signing and he's not officially listed as a tryout.so if he's coming to Tryout someone forgot to tell the Patriots. Andrew Frewer was invited but as of this afternoon there is no confirmation as to whether or not he'll be attending the mini camp.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

What ever happend to NUNN?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

He plays like Brandon Marshall.  I think that these rookies (Price, Edelman, Tate, Anderson) all have a chance to be great if they can stay humble and are willing to learn. They have two great role models on the team in Moss-man and Bolting Holt. They have an opportunity to be really good.
    Posted by 49Patriots

I love what you are saying lets repete 2007 one more time and this time no superbowl heartbreak.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

he has wicked good hands, he deserves a shot atleast he seems a little slow in cutting corners though

Sections
Shortcuts