Pats get real compensation from KC on draft day???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Are you an idiot? What are they trading for then to get worse in next year's draft. Go back to the bar, must live in New Bedford.

Go do little research and then come talk to me, idiot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

KC should not be picking in top 10 if they plan to do that it would be Pioli is planning to loose. I don't think that's the case, KC pick will be 15 to20.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Not happening. KC has a three year plan before they become contenders.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Only a thought, what if:
    23rd-Connor Barwin OLB/DE/TE
    34th-Traded to KC 2010 1st and 2009 5th 131st
    47th-D.J. Moore CB
    58th-Larry English OLB/DE ( like Paul Kruger DE here also)
    89th-Jasper Brinkley ILB
    97th-Ramses Barden WR(6'6" 227lb 4.50 40)BB wants him drafted w 58
    4th-Ricky Jean-Francois DT/DE
    5th From KC (my mock) Gerald Cadogan OL (possible LT)
    5th-Otis Wiley S
    6th-Alex Boone OL
    6th-Derek Nicholson ILB
    7th-DeAndre Wright CB

BB and Pioli agreed on the 34th this year with the thought the Pats couldn't get all the FAs they wanted? Now they have them, why keep 34? Good value for mid first round next year from KC (assuming they improve next year) and a 5th this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Valid Points and make since, thinking this might be a better option:

23rd traded to Titans # 30 and 2010 3rd (titans get DT)
    #30 from Titans-James Laurinaitis (Barwin goes to dolphins at 25)
    #34 from KC traded to Atlanta for 1st 2010 (Atlanta gets LB)
    #47 Larry English OLB/DE
    #58 Jamon Meredith OT
    #89 Ramsees Barden WR
    #97 Ricky Jean-Francois DT/DE
    4th traded to Tampa for 2010 3rd
    5th Otis Wiley S
    6th Traded to Bears for 2010 5th
    6th Alex Boone OT
    7th DeAndre Wright CB

And Jason Taylor gets sign.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Creative, but unlikely. I can't see any team with a possibility of finishing in the top twenty surrender their first rounder for a #34.

IF this were an edge 3rd for a second maybe, but those first rounders are very hard to come by, and KC would be risking a lot for little apparent gain.

I think teams that might be in the market for a pick like #34 for a first would be Carolina and Dallas, both of which probably think they will finish strong next year and could use the #34 in lieu of the firsts they do not have this season.

But that is just a vague guess.

My gut tells me that because #58 is so low, that is the second that BB will shop hard, and try to turn it into a better second next season. MAyeb #58 to New Orleans for their 2nd next season?

But the truth is that these deals are usually player oriented. These teams won't strike a deal for the sake of having the pick, so unless it is for a player who is there it is hard to get action.

I can't think of who KC would see on the fringe of the 1st/2nd that would be worth surrendering what could be a top ten (or possibely top 5 even) selection.

Just my 2 cents.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulK3. Show PaulK3's posts

[Quote]Pats won't sign that many rookies. They probably only have around 5-7 spots available for rookies so I look for the Pats to try and trade a 2nd for a first in 2010 and a thrid for a second rounder in 2010. I'm sure they will also try and move a fifth rounder for a fourth in 2010 or a sixth for a fifth in 2010. You have to look at the current roster and figure out who the Pats would cut to add rookies. You can only have 53 players and there isn't room for 9 rookies let alone 12 of them.[/Quote]

The Patriots' original third, fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh rounders are mostly going to be used in the process of leapfrogging various second rounders a few slots up the draft board. Any slot from #15 down to #60 is vulnerable. The three compensatory picks must be used and not traded. The top four are already in primo value spots, beautifully spaced apart. Jonathan Kraft and staff are looking at four good young players signing long-term contracts for peanuts (four good players will always beat one great player and three JAGS), unless of course some desperate team makes the Pats an outstanding value offer, which always happens.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsPat. Show ItsPat's posts

Pats won't sign that many rookies. They probably only have around 5-7 spots available for rookies so I look for the Pats to try and trade a 2nd for a first in 2010 and a thrid for a second rounder in 2010. I'm sure they will also try and move a fifth rounder for a fourth in 2010 or a sixth for a fifth in 2010. You have to look at the current roster and figure out who the Pats would cut to add rookies. You can only have 53 players and there isn't room for 9 rookies let alone 12 of them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[Quote]

Tenn-Need DT to take over $100 million dollar man, at 23 there still going to be a couple of top tear guys that will probably be gone by 30th. Atlanta, they have two urgent needs based on who they lost, they need a LB to replace Keith Brooking and a CB.

TB and Chicago because of no real moves in FA other than getting rid of most of their staring Veterans. They need to bring in bodies to get some competition that's for TB for Chicago, they need some depth all over specially in offence. By the 6th they might be able to still get a slot receiver or TE.

[/Quote]
    Also Atlanta is a playoff team and should go pretty far, they would not be giving up a very high 1st round. Probably 28 to 30, or 31 if they play in the SB. If they improve their D they should make a run at it, oh and picking 32 in 2010 your New England Patriots.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulK3. Show PaulK3's posts

[Quote]

Who would trade a 4 in '09 for a 3 in '10? Or a 2nd in '09 for a 1st in '10? [/Quote]
    Norv Turner traded a 3 in '08 for a decent 2 in '09, and Norv's not an idiot. Why did I say that?

Then SF traded away their 2008 #7 pick to the Pats for a #28, probably because SF assumed they themselves would win the Super Bowl and their next year's pick would only be a #32. Local reporters buttered up the team, saying they'd win the NFC West. The #7 pick became a #10 and a third rounder, and #10 was Mayo in the middle, defensive rookie of the year. I haven't followed the third rounder but it might be O'Connell or Crable.

This sort of thing has been happening all the time, generally to the Patriots' advantage.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Tenn-Need DT to take over $100 million dollar man, at 23 there still going to be a couple of top tear guys that will probably be gone by 30th. Atlanta, they have two urgent needs based on who they lost, they need a LB to replace Keith Brooking and a CB.

TB and Chicago because of no real moves in FA other than getting rid of most of their staring Veterans. They need to bring in bodies to get some competition that's for TB for Chicago, they need some depth all over specially in offence. By the 6th they might be able to still get a slot receiver or TE.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[Quote]KC should not be picking in top 10 if they plan to do that it would be Pioli is planning to loose. I don't think that's the case, KC pick will be 15 to20.[/Quote]

KC has too many holes to fill on a young team, with new FO a,d new HC/assistants. They'll probablky be in the top 10 again next year. Sorry, Cassell lovers. he will not make the difference next season; too many offensive issues to deal with (OLine, RB's, WR's, etc).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

Im just wondering who Tenn and Atlanta are targeting with our picks? And why does TB want our 4th and why Chicago would want our 6th?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[Quote]Valid Points and make since, thinking this might be a better option:

23rd traded to Titans # 30 and 2010 3rd (titans get DT)
    #30 from Titans-James Laurinaitis (Barwin goes to dolphins at 25)
    #34 from KC traded to Atlanta for 1st 2010 (Atlanta gets LB)
    #47 Larry English OLB/DE
    #58 Jamon Meredith OT
    #89 Ramsees Barden WR
    #97 Ricky Jean-Francois DT/DE
    4th traded to Tampa for 2010 3rd
    5th Otis Wiley S
    6th Traded to Bears for 2010 5th
    6th Alex Boone OT
    7th DeAndre Wright CB

And Jason Taylor gets sign.[/Quote]

What kind of adult alcoholic beverage are you consuming? All your trades involving draft picks are for HIGHER pickes in the 2010 pick. Who would trade a 4 in '09 for a 3 in '10? Or a 2nd in '09 for a 1st in '10? Only in your mind.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunchofpixels. Show bunchofpixels's posts

Nope, KC isnt going to give up a top 10 draft choice in 2010 for a 2009 second rounder.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[Quote]Who says we were targeting him in 08?

I know he's supposed to be pretty good, but something about him just doesn't inspire me very much. I don't know, maybe he'd be an excellent fit here, but I'm still wary.

Anyone else get the feeling we may end up with guys like JL, Matthews, Smith (the short one), etc? I maen, I'm sure they would play well, and all, but they don't have that wow factor that some of the other prospects bring to the table.

As for the KC trade: not gonna happen.[/Quote]
    Pats were looking at JL in 08, I don't like RM. RM will probably turn out to be an excellent player but I don't know there's just a red flag going off somewhere. Could be his bad score in the written or some talks about off the field issues. I don't know but I think moving up to pay more for this guy makes no since.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Before you guys come with it can't happen attitude go look at how many times the same teams swapped picks moved up went down ect. The Pats are the best at this why not three times in the same draft and why, because they have 6 picks in the first 100.

And moving up to get RM doesn't make since, why pay more when James Laurinaitis might be available and the Pats were targeting him in 2008 why not this year?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_NFL_Draft

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Where does this assumption come from? Sure it happens but three times in one draft? You're reaching guy. If anything I can see coupling some of these picks to move up to get a player that may have dropped some or maybe make a play for Maualuga which is what I'm hoping for.

But you have the right idea when it comes to the picks. The Pats aren't going to do unless it favors them so I can see the scenario of a high #2 for next years #1 or some such. Just not three of them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

S_hit, my Weegie Board is broken again. I guess I can’t participate in another mock draft.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

Who says we were targeting him in 08?

I know he's supposed to be pretty good, but something about him just doesn't inspire me very much. I don't know, maybe he'd be an excellent fit here, but I'm still wary.

Anyone else get the feeling we may end up with guys like JL, Matthews, Smith (the short one), etc? I maen, I'm sure they would play well, and all, but they don't have that wow factor that some of the other prospects bring to the table.

As for the KC trade: not gonna happen.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

I'm not saying they won't trade picks cuz I'm sure something will happen. I was just surprised to see 4 trades in one mock. I can even understand the first 2 somewhat but to predict 4th and 6th round trades? I just don't see any logic there. Also with Dimitroff in Atl now I would imagine they start to aquire extra picks for future years versus giving them up, he learned from the best.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[Quote]ok and detroit needs a lot of new players so lets give them our 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 7th for their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th in 2010. Im glad every team is working together to improve NE's drafts.[/Quote]

Ok smart guy what do you think the Pats will do with their picks? Keep them all? think not, trade for lesser value picks in 09 and 2010 I think not or did you forget who the coach of the Pats is?

go be a hater somewhere else.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Algamear, I know it doesn't but you know there's always the conspiracy theory with the Pats so why not have fun with it. I posted a more likely complex, lol, draft order and what the Pats might do but off course if I was that good I should be working for them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHILZONE686. Show PHILZONE686's posts

I've been suspecting this to be the case for a while now, I had a good feeling that this "deep" draft was more upper middle-heavy than top-heavy.

Due to the lack of "real" 1st round talent comming out, I can see the Pats trading alot of these picks for next year - and they pretty much have to due to the lack of room on the team.

I'd say this could mean either a nice trade up to nab who BB really wants, or trading out of the 1st all together (for next year 1st) and hitting those 2nd round picks hard.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

ok and detroit needs a lot of new players so lets give them our 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 7th for their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th in 2010. Im glad every team is working together to improve NE's drafts.